"The rampaging full-back" - Corned Beef Jhackson

O'Donnell must be lined up for the filth when Jackson giving him this much praise. Start the masters bidding early...
Let’s hope so.

He played well enough against England but was horrendous in the other 2 games IMO - we need a better player in that position - hopefully Patterson gets the game time now to prove it.

Every time he got the ball he went backwards with it. If you're playing a game where you actually want/need to win he is 100% not the right option.

That is truly one of the worst interpretations of a game I’ve ever read. Even Radio Scotland were admitting we were well beaten but Jackson’s piece has you thinking we were unlucky. Laughable.

When the Croats did manage to get possession, they did everything to take the sting out of this onslaught as if this was a training session rather than a knock-out decider.

-------

I mean, what the f*ck is this? In an article full of ridiculously over the top enthusiasm, this line is laughable.

Chief football writer for a national scumbag newspaper and this is the shite he comes out with?

How dare Croatia take possession of the ball? How dare they take the sting out of Scotland's tail? How dare they play football?

If Clarke didn't manage his teams to be so scared of actually retaining possession, maybe Scotland wouldn't be sent home after two defeats, AT HAMPDEN.

But hey, he drew with England. Job done I guess.

Scotland only qualified because UEFA made up a way of getting rubbish teams in via the Nations League. This was no sensational qualifying section. They required two penalty shootouts under Clarke to build on McLeish's start to do this.

When they got to the tournament,they played two games at home and 3 out of 4 teams went through.

Scotland scored 1 goal and went out with 1 point.

It's no hard luck story. It's the story of a team out their depth whose failings and the truth about the qualification are ignored and positives, which aren't really positives at all, beamed into the minds of idiots. It's all a bit SNP.

Clarke should be chased, not lauded. Embarrassing. Tin pot mentality of just being happy to be there. Wales and Northern Ireland showed the way previously.
Great post.

The amount of turd polishing I’ve witnessed over the past few months by the Scottish football hordes is staggering.

Scotland were simply completely and utterly pish playing an outdated style of ‘football’, led by a dinosaur manager

Nowt will change while you have plonkers like this in the mhedia coming out with laughable articles like this.
Ha ha, even better post.

Alex McLeish would of been giving headlines akin to bringing back the death penalty for the tactics and team selection in the two games that we lost and it was him that got us to that competition.

The media in Scotland has a "Paul Joseph Goebbels" level individual controlling them and even our football is a target.

Therein also lies the problem "the ball fell to the celtic man" surely it should be either McGregor or the Scotland midfielder apart from that O'Donell was shite again and don't get me started on that fkn clown McKenna ffs.

McKenna comes on first tackle fouls the Croatian player and gets booked .............brilliant but typical of this crap player who shouldn't be near a Scotland jersey.

O'Donnell is a f.ucking donkey and Clarke is a bottom six SPL manager.

Jack Hendry, "the young man who needs more game time" is 26 years old and has only played in 87 league games in his entire pro-career, more than half as a sub, is another complete dud.

And Christie, even Celtic fans hate him after the season he's had, another one of the privileged few who gets a game because of what they are, not how they play.

Jeezo, that turd polishing just let’s us know that he’s definitely on his way to Celtic. Which is absolutely amazing for us.
I’ve never seen a player as out of his depth as O’Donnell at the Euros. But he has become some sort of poster boy, prominently placed on advertising and Scotland social media. We know why, eh?

“For a while, that strike had an entire nation clinging to the kind of dreams which always end up the property of someone else”.

Erm, no it didn’t. I (and probably a fair few more), probably couldn’t give a monkey’s how Clarke and his clique (under) perform.

As for O’Donnell, he is that bad, even his running style is identical to Chris Broadfoot’s…… I had to do a couple of double takes!

Said the very same thing to the wicked fairy last night when that fucken dreadful commentator said something about '5 million believed (or something along those lines).'

Eh, no. Here's one you can discount right away and I'm sure there must have been others.

Oh, and when I'm on a rant; Kevin Gallagher what the actual feck?

He somehow manages to sound like Denis Law, Tommy Docherty, Brenda Rogers and a wee Clydebank tim all rolled into one dimwitted trumpet.

"Despite Scotland restoring a great deal of pride"

How so, by going 0-0 against an off form, piss poor England?
Dearie me.

If Rangers finished a CL group with one goal and one point, especially after a great fanfare of how well we expected to do, then him and his mhedia colleagues would have massacred us. The glee and gloating would have been off the scale

Simply weren’t good enough, O’Donnell and dykes being the main culprits

We all seen enough in Patterson in 10 minutes to know Clarke had seriously fucked up his team selection and his stubbornness has cost him

Just remembered that the WC qualifying had already started so no way Clarke will be going

3 games in and we’ve already dropped 4 points against rivals for 2nd place in quite possibly the easiest group we could’ve asked for
Has it really?

Who's in the group?

O'Donnell was absolutely atrocious and should've been replaced at half time.
He either passed the ball back or turned inside with ball at no time was he ever rampaging,Clark played not to get beaten yet again last night.The goal was probably a bad think as he didn’t change the tactics of the game just kept the same game plan .

Last edited:
I don't think O'Donnell was particularly the problem, it was our complete lack of anything up front.

Edit - For the avoidance of doubt, O'Donnell was very poor last night.
As was Robertson. But that comes from the tactics. A back five did nothing for us last night. Croatia ran the midfield. Should've played the back 4, Robertson and Patterson from the start. Trust in your mobile FBs to get forward, McGinn and McTominay more than capable of covering. Drop Dykes for an actual creator - Fraser, even Turnbull or Forrest would've had more of an influence on the game.

Jackson is an absolute clown there is no hard luck story here, imagine reaching the Euros and 2 of your games are at home , you won't have a better chance yet we were so far off it , we all thought Stevie Clarke was a shit manager now we know for sure

I don't think O'Donnell was particularly the problem, it was our complete lack of anything up front.

Edit - For the avoidance of doubt, O'Donnell was very poor last night.

For me he was a big problem. Ok defensively but he doesn’t have the pace or ability to stretch a team going forward.

Every time he had the opportunity he cut back and passed it backwards when we needed to create. NP should have started and at least have been given the 2nd half rather than waiting until we were already beaten.

Listening to the radio yesterday, it was all super confidence about how Scotland are going to win but "even if we draw or lose, we're still going to have some party"

There can't be another support in world sport that prides itself in losing, and I say that as a Cleveland Indians fan!
Gazza,the whole mentality is mental .
I'm English,so I'm on the outside looking in.
Go back to 78.That victory over Holland, Archie Gemmill etc....
All very Brave heart.No one mentions the abject failure of the Peru game and the shambles of the Iran draw.I was a 13 year old watching the Puru game .I wanted you to win like I wanted you to win last night .
But the mindset of certain Scottish people beggers belief at times.
We were gash against you,you were the better team.Yet you still couldn't beat us .There will be some Scottish folk,of a more rhabid persuasion telling their grand kids how, in the summer of 21 you beat the English at Wembley 0.0

Now is the time for Scotland to reset, start blooding new talent and changing our philosophy at all levels.

but, instead, we will continue to play decades old football and pick cvnts like O’Donnell

The tournaments hard luck story:D

They got pumped at home in 2 out of their 3 games.

I stopped reading at that point.

Managed one credible draw against a bigger team (which isn't firing on all cylinders itself) and fucked it in the two which really counted towards possible progression.

That attitude is why Clarke's perfectly suited to the job. It's mediocrity all over.

Said the very same thing to the wicked fairy last night when that fucken dreadful commentator said something about '5 million believed (or something along those lines).'

Eh, no. Here's one you can discount right away and I'm sure there must have been others.

Oh, and when I'm on a rant; Kevin Gallagher what the actual feck?

He somehow manages to sound like Denis Law, Tommy Docherty, Brenda Rogers and a wee Clydebank tim all rolled into one dimwitted trumpet.
Last night he actually described Gilmour as "A young man in the twilight of his career". :))

Who scouts these pundits for these gigs?

He made Micah Richards sound knowledgeable and refined.

"Despite Scotland restoring a great deal of pride"

How so, by going 0-0 against an off form, piss poor England?
Dearie me.

If Rangers finished a CL group with one goal and one point, especially after a great fanfare of how well we expected to do, then him and his mhedia colleagues would have massacred us. The glee and gloating would have been off the scale

Was going to make the exact same point, before I saw you'd beaten me to it.

I've still restored my pride though, even if you defeated me :rolleyes:

Hard luck story? Beaten twice at home and a draw? Where's the hard luck in that? Simply not good enough.

Keech’s article is the type of puff piece shite that the tartan army swallow up, decade, after decade, after decade. It’s part of the reason why we never progress.

What would be more helpful to the nation today would be an honest assessment of what went wrong, and what is STILL going wrong in our game.

HE WAS SHITE! Don't butter him up to being just poor. He was/is utter Shite. He cannae run and offers nothing. His inclusion in the squad really hurt us. Him and Armstrong last night were rotten.

Even a non prfessional football playing TV commentator pointed out during the match that Croatia were targeting his side of the pitch. Says everything you need to know.

We all see the game differently, but surely anyone that watches football regularly can see we are a very limited side.

Dykes, Marshal, McKenna,Hendry, and especially O’Donnell are bang average players- and a few more in the squad. If this is really the best players we have available then we we will always struggle.

Basically lower league having a go for the first 15 minutes then natural order restored.
The technically better side take control and the plucky challengers don't have much to offer.

Now is the time for Scotland to reset, start blooding new talent and changing our philosophy at all levels.

but, instead, we will continue to play decades old football and pick cvnts like O’Donnell
We have the bones of a decent team going forward. We need a new keeper, back 5 minus O' Donnell, McKenna is worth persevering with. Midfield needs to be built around retaining possession with Gilmour in charge. Adam's needs to start scoring soon, but is our best option up front alongside Nisbet.
Oh, and a new progressive football minded manager.

"his Scotland side, who fought back bravely from 1-0 down"

There's always got to be a 'brave' in any redtop Scotland report. That's the law, isn't it Kheef?

The difference between Gerrard and Clarke is the difference between a winner and a loser.
Gerrard sends Rangers out with a plan to win every game - home or away in Europe irrespective of how strong the opposition is.
Before the game he says clearly - we are here to win. Always respectful never fearful
Always rightly says we need to be at our best to get the result but makes it clear the result is what is expected.
When we lose (not often) he talks about what we could do better. He looks for the lessons.
Later games show he has acted on them
This is what winners do. Not bemoan their fate or talk of imagined bad luck

"Jackson here is trying his best to polish that turd, unfortunately for him there’s no way he can polish it enough, for once he has, it turns to shit again because of the people who created that turd."
There was talk that Jackson, desperate to desert the sinking ship of the DR which he helped to hole under the waterline, is looking for a nice little sinecure at the SFA.
It would explain
Croats "Lumbering"
O'Donnell "Rampaging" type of drivel.
We all know what the O'Donnell reference is about, just another tick in the anti Rangers narrative.
Are you watching SFA, did you spot that one, eh?
3 games, 1 point, 1 goal, wha's like us, eh.
The celebration of abject failure continues, mollified by "we got a draw with England"
The slovenly Jackson, unable or unwilling to even attempt to call out this mess, falls back on the lazy and hackneyed old favourite of glorious failure.
It's a mindset that undermines us and we need to get out of it. It's a loser's mindset.
It's pathetic and he should stop promoting it.

Last edited:
Even a non prfessional football playing TV commentator pointed out during the match that Croatia were targeting his side of the pitch. Says everything you need to know.
Correct.
Croatia spotted the weakness and exploited it ruthlessly.
Our media (Souness excepted) and our team manager were unable to see it.
You have to wonder what was blinding them.

How does he manage to cram bullshit into just about every line?

A galling defeat to Croatia...
What was galling about it? The better side won.
With an outrageous flick of the right boot that doubles up as a magic wand,
Modric has never used his right boot as a magic wand.
this wizard with tousled hair destroyed our Group D campaign.
We destroyed our own campaign by being consistently shit.
For Scotland, despite restoring a great deal of pride,
Did we?
a group stage once again ended in the kind of abject misery only ever meant for us.
Victim mentality. We haven't been picked out for special treatment by fate.
Steve Clarke and his players may well end up being regarded as this tournament’s hard luck story.
No they won't. They were the poorest team in their group and didn't deserve to go through.
That is, as if we needed another one of them.
There's that victim mentality again.

I could go on.

A manager who thinks O'Donnell and Dykes should be first on the team sheet, who continually attempts to shoehorn both Tierney and Robertson into the same side (2 cracking players, but they don't work together), who thinks that a Man Utd midfielder should play in central defence, and that a Nottingham Forest defender who struggles in the English Championship is better than the Premierships Leeds United captain, and who's tactics are that of Kilmarnock. That's the problem

I'm still in shock Gordon Parks man for man ratings has Modric a 7 same as Armstrong,McGinn, Robertson with Macgregor as an 8o_O
The guy should be sacked if he sees that after last night's game!
The same Gordon Parks who thought, even half way through last season that very few of our players would get in the Celtic side……….the guy is clueless and his opinion worthless.

He was a very shite footballer in his day and has taken that across to his 2nd career as a journalist.

Back