The Ramsay ‘Goal’ - should it have stood?

Keeper stops it before it goes over the line, then Aaron Ramsay carries everything over. Right decision
That’s what I thought at game but I’ve watched it several times now and the balls over the line. Ramsey gets the keeper out of jail by crashing into him

He wasn’t too injured when he’s running 50 yards and sliding on his knees to celebrate their goal

Thats the video you're choosing for conclusive evidence?

I'm happy to admit I'm could be wrong but that's proving nothing.
Hard to see but the other angle also seems to suggest the ball was over the line before contact. The keeper's reaction says it all though. Head in hands in despair then reacted to the foul once he realised he could cheat the refs and avoid the goal being given.

Looked over the line to me before the collission. I know football is an incredibly fluid game, and as a forward you have take the ball as it comes, but honestly Arfield, Roofe and Ramsay were all guilty of missing tap ins because they didn’t connect squarely with the ball. Left us hanging on when we should have been home and hosed.

I'm quite glad we had a couple of dodgy var ones against us. The law of averages suggests the var gods will be on our side for end of the month

I’ve seen one replay and he absolutely caught the keeper. But it looks like it was after the ball was over the line.

Have I got it wrong? I don’t recall a VAR review, was their?
Need to rewatch but I didn't think there was a foul BEFORE the ball crossed the line.

Bit off point but thought he wis a cracking keeper. Commanded his box well
Really, because I thought he was a play acting Fanny.

I think he had treatment about 4 times when he didn’t need it once.

Fell on his elbow early at 1-0. Got treatment and then threw the ball out about 40 yards.
Acted the pig and managed to get Ramsay’s goal chopped off. Extended treatment.
Rolled about like he’d been shot when Roofe fouled him. Extended treatment.
Rolled about when Aribo may or may not have fouled him. Only stopped to help Aribo with his cramp. This was just strange.

He had a couple of other reactions to contact. He was a Fanny.

BT angles seemed to show it was well over the line along with the Goalkeeper before AR got near it, Im not sure he touched either of them after he got close anyway.

Goalkeeper spins round and holds his face when he realises hes Fd up to muddy the waters and the Ref buys it.

100% goal should have stood, keeper was a cheat

Note: Would also 100% sign him to replace Greegs. Even back when we last played Braga I thought the same.

Looking at that gif it still looks a goal to me. The defender does well just to nick it away from Aaron. We were a bit hard done by last night but we got the result so let’s look forward to taking the next scalp.

I was convinced it was a goal by Ramsey. Ball was over the line when the keeper collected it and he was fouled after that. So, goal. Cost me a few quid as well as I had Ramsey to score.

Their keeper was an arsehole but I actually rate him in his ability. We should be looking at him for when McGregor leaves btw.

Looked like keepers momentum was taking both him and the ball over the line. Had ramsay not touched him, you'd think they would have reviewed it.

As soon as ramsay makes contact it's a free kick every day of the week - especially in europe where GKs get unreal levels of protection.

Keeper should get an Oscar for his antics after that incident mind you!

I’ve seen one replay and he absolutely caught the keeper. But it looks like it was after the ball was over the line.

Have I got it wrong? I don’t recall a VAR review, was their?

Even if its over the line I think because Ramsey is coming in so 'hard' the keeper has to brave himself for impact which probably affects whether he would be able to hold him out if Ramsey wasn't closing in.

For me it's probably not a goal for that reason, but the keeper is a cheating lady's front bottom anyway

Neither of the links show conclusively that it was over before Ramsey makes contact.

Contact was very minimal but he possibly does just touch the keepers head with his leg. There's a complete over reaction by the goalie all the same.

He knows the only chance he's got is to go down holding his face.

I'm surprised it wasn't looked at by VAR. Given we've got a few replays now and still can't be sure, I'm not certain how the Ref can be convinced it was a foul before the ball crossed the line.

Wonder what the exact rule is in the circumstance. If you're in the midst of creating a foul by not touching the ball and hitting someone, at what point does the play actually stop?

I think if Ramsay runs off celebrating rather than holds his hands up in apology then we maybe get it. His reaction made it a very easy decision for the ref

That’s what I thought at game but I’ve watched it several times now and the balls over the line. Ramsey gets the keeper out of jail by crashing into him

He wasn’t too injured when he’s running 50 yards and sliding on his knees to celebrate their goal

Aye, the injury feigning bastard conning just like his Spanish neighbours the night before.

The two mountain climbing fuukers he ran to were subject to getn told to fuuk right off before they scored from the corner, not seeing their goal due to givin them the vicky and telling them where take themselves.

Aaron Ramsay scored and that prick of a ref didnt use VAR which he should've.

Same with Keymar who looked onside.

Ramsay shouldn’t have gone in on the keeper all it did was give a reason to chop off the goal.

I was fuming at him at the time, if he had just jumped to the side and left it the ball was in and the keeper knew it

Thankfully it didn’t cost us

I was a big fan of him getting treatment on his elbow and then throwing it to the half way line moments later
Spot on, also late on before extra time every goal kick or pass back, he was building himself up as if he was struggling to breathe, then after roofe scored he's back to hoofing it first time. Re his elbow "injury" he jumped between 2 of his teammates caught it cleanly, not touched by anyone, then gets treatment for about 3mins.....fkn fud

Cheers for share. Lack of appropriate angles makes it tricky. It's hardly hawk eye though.

As I see it, Ramsay made contact with the keepers elbow (not face!) as the keeper had the ball in 2 hands. From what I can tell, that contact happened as the ball was on the line.

Close, but ultimately no particular complaints. The Barisic handball was a worse decision by far.
It’s near impossible from any of these angles to tell.

Looks like the keeper drags the ball over the line with his right arm while shielding it with his left.

The contact from Ramsey is on the left arm, but whether the whole of the ball is over the line before he makes that contact is impossible to determine from the angles posted, even trying to go frame by frame.

Would’ve liked VAR to look at it and not sure if they did at all.

Back