The reason the Livi captian was wearing ear defenders

Best pic is where the wee guy's Dad is holding him up and i assume swinging his feet to kick the ball. Bet the wee man is still buzzing.

At the end of the game Devlin asked Roofe for his shirt and took it over to where the disabled supporters were situated and gave it to one of them.

I wondered if it was for the mascot kid in the wheelchair.

Credit to Devlin for the part he played in making this wee guy’s day a memorable one.

Fantastic gesture by Devlin and fair play to him

What I did find strange and quite disappointing was Tom Miller & whoever it was in co comms seemingly having absolutely no idea what it was about and making a joke about it (joke is maybe a stretch but you get the point i am making) when it was absolutely clear as day the reason behind it

What I did find strange and quite disappointing was Tom Miller & whoever it was in co comms seemingly having absolutely no idea what it was about and making a joke about it (joke is maybe a stretch but you get the point i am making) when it was absolutely clear as day the reason behind it
Came here to post that, was embarrassing from Tom and Gordon Smith making jokes about them wearing headphones - totally oblivious to what was happening.

Cracking gesture from all involved over all though.

Properly restores your faith in humanity when you you read and see stories like this.
Well done to everyone involved.
Hopefully raises awareness and opens the door for more kids with disabilities to get an amazing day out as a mascot across the footballing world.

Credit to all at Livi for that. A relatively small gesture for the players and staff makes a massive impact and impression on those at the receiving end.

Would've been a fantastic day for the family.

Excellent from all concerned. Nicky Devlin cap doffed a great gesture.
I have no real knowledge of Autism but caught the programme by Chris Packham on the subject during the week. Well worth a watch..

Last edited:
A wonderful gesture from Devlin and Livi in general, would expect that from Martindale. A total embarrassment from Miller on comms. Amateur as usual

Yes he thought and said he might be in communication with bench or something

Absolute class. Well done Davie Martindale, their captain and the club as a whole. Heart warming story making the wee Bears day.

Back