The Scum are oooot the Champions League! All comments in here

If that's what they really think/believe then let them continue with with that sort of idiocy, it will make their inevitable meltdown even sweeter when we beat them to the title as they won't see it coming.

Having said that there is a lot of worried faces in my work today.

Any chance you can c&p that mate? Sounds delicious but I'd need to give my phone a bath if I clicked on it.

...Also, the laptop won't let me C&P it.

Here you go:

Last night the SPFL champions were 11 minutes away from edging past a club that operates on a fraction of Celtic’s budget. Then what we saw was something akin to what is offered up from Hollywood in the digital age. The horror show was clearly enhanced by CGI: Celtic’s Grotesque Implosion.

I generally pull back from giving forth on what decisions a football manager makes in terms of selection, formation and tactics. That is because I am fully aware that he will know much more about it than me on every level. However, I do allow myself some questions nonetheless. When the team was announced the debate started on Twitter: Was it three at the back? Was Callum McGregor playing at left-back? As it turned out it was the latter.

The last time the Celtic midfielder had started a game in that position if my memory serves me well, was at Ibrox on 29 December last year. That didn’t turn out well either. Folks who really know the game tell me that the Celtic Academy Graduate has the highest level of game intelligence of any midfielder at Celtic. In the immediate post-match autopsy, Neil Lennon said that he had been forced to shoehorn McGregor into the back four to accommodate Olivier Ntcham into the side. Celtic’s manager said that he had done so because he needed another “technician” in the side. Even so, with 11 minutes to go competent in-game management should have seen out the tie. Therefore, the guy in the dugout has to accept his part in the shambles. Here is another question that I allowed myself last night: Why were two recently acquired defenders costing a total of £10m on the bench and not used throughout the match?

To a mere onlooker like myself, I found this baffling. Then, in the immediate aftermath, I was messaged from a very good friend who is usually ensconced in the corporate lounge area of the North Stand. Let’s just say that he moves in those circles. Without any interrogative from me he messaged me at 23.15 last night: “Lenny did not sign left back or centre half players say they are pish” Then one minute later he sent this: “Our players say they are mince!!!” Given his location within Celtic Park on match days I sent him back this clarifying questions: “Good source?” His one-word response chilled me: “Director.” Now, if this is true then the current situation at Celtic is the Ronny Deila era on steroids. When Neil Lennon was given the job on a fulltime basis I was hugely supportive of the appointment. My only caveat, given the past behaviour of the Celtic Chief Executive, was that he be Adequately resourced for the task ahead. Given full autonomy apropos acquisitions and sales.

I have written here on many occasion that the only club that can topple Celtic in Scotland is Celtic. My guy in the Executive Lounge said that on the final whistle there was a substantial amount of anger directed at the man with the heated driveway. Moreover, one of Dermot Desmond’s children was there to witness it. What this means now is that the money brought in from the sale of Kieran Tierney will almost certainly be used to cover the operating costs rather than strengthen the squad. The man who really runs Celtic from his tax haven HQ does not like failures in any of his businesses. For the avoidance of doubt, last night Celtic failed. Moreover, the failure fits a pattern and there is only one person in place who spans all of those costly calamities. Here’s a clue the chap doesn’t sit in the dugout during matches.

Followed by a picture of Liewell (who, I assume, has the “heated driveway”).

Last edited:
That's what I'm actually dreading. If they started to look at their own club they might wake up. For a 'cash rich' club they don't half make some strange decisions. Lennon to replace Rodgers! Something smells fishy there and it isn't there underpants.

Exactly, they constantly go on about how much money they have in the bank etc etc etc, while Johnny Hayes has a place in their team ffs

It seems a small % have clocked on to their downsizing while having all this "money".

I agree with you Col, but they’ll now be shifting themselves to sell nae neck.

They’ve already got their bad PR on Ntcham so their hordes will accept that more easily.

Of course big Edouard is his big mate, so they might create another problem if they do that :D
Agree mate.The next 3 weeks are massive for us.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube, a couple of things!

Firstly Celtic defence is pish!!!! Nae neck is their key attacking threat! Isn’t it beautiful to see them under pressure already!!!!

Anyway....how on Earth does Scott Brown remain on the park after his deliberate hand ball in the box....straight red surely?

Where does the 8 mins of injury time come from.....was the ref trying to give them more time and it backfired?

Will UEFA pick up on the missiles being launched at the FC Cluj players and staff following their 4th goal? Will it be mentioned in the ref report?
The ref was brilliant tonight,never gave them anything for feckawe, all night(not like the refs here)he gave 6 minutes which was bang on,nothing at all to do with let them play till they score like here. 6 subs and Cluj goalie rippin the piss wasting time, eventually the ref had to book him.Septic tv was moaning about him all night,he was my man of the match.lol

The ref was brilliant tonight,never gave them anything for feckawe, all night(not like the refs here)he gave 6 minutes which was bang on,nothing at all to do with let them play till they score like here. 6 subs and Cluj goalie rippin the piss wasting time, eventually the ref had to book him.Septic tv was moaning about him all night,he was my man of the match.lol
I don’t watch them at all so could only surmise...cluj scores in 90 +7 that’s definitely a bit out of the norm as additional time, maybe we will see more additional time in Europe this season if the refs have been given that direction from UEFA, so glad to hear the Ref gave them nothing!

"Dear UEFA may we draw attention to the goalscorer of FC cluj's first goal last night, a certain Ciprian Loan Deac.

It's our view that this Cypriot loan deal was ineligible to partake in last night's tie.
We therefore ask that you look into this matter and in accordance with your own rules declare that the tie be awarded to Celtic FC."

Yours sincerely,

Bernadette McGlinchey, Sec.
Don't even joke about things like that! I'm sure they wrote to Uefa to get us kicked out after Kent's stripes were facing the wrong way against Villarreal

giphy.gif

Haha only a few minutes in. Not even at the calls yet and already the precedent is set. Something I've noticed from all Media in this country for some time now, it's now normal, in fact, mandatory to mention celtic, aberdeen and then Rangers in that order. While Aberdeen were second in the league I ignored it and gave them the benefit of the doubt. They probably deserved the right to be talked about before us in that sense. But this season? Nah. Now its just disrespect.

Back