The SPFL have asked UEFA for Celtic title guidance as European qualifiers are set to be overhauled due to Coronavirus crisis

1288Bear

They cancelled EURO 2020 because the continent is fućked.

There was no altruistic consideration in their decision making calculus.
Wasn't suggesting that there was anything altruistic in their decision making process and yes Euro 2020 was cancelled because the Continent is fecked.

It has, however, only been postponed (delayed by a year) and Uefa themselves intimated at the time of cancelling that the move would help all domestic competitions, currently on hold due to the COVID-19 emergency, to be completed.

tazzabear

it’s really not, given one season will not count.

They have won 8 titles in a row, if they win the next title god forbid, then it’s 9.
Why do people post this?
It comes over so pompous and self righteous.
I happen to agree with your argument but I wish I didn’t.

bearspakora

UEFA won't want to take anything to do with deciding domestic titles, especially with Spain, Italy and elsewhere where the race is so close. This is all a smokescreen by the SPFL.

tazzabear

Keep seeing a comparison to SPFL and EPL.
Liverpool are 1/1000 and the Tims are 1/100 to win the league. There's a good reason for that.
Should Liverpool lose their game vs Man City they could still finish 19 points ahead on Man City
Should the filth lose both games vs us and we win our game in hand the filth could still finish a paltry FOUR points ahead of us with both teams winning all other games.
Man City vs Liverpool has a 3 point swing in a possible 25 point gap.
OF games have a 6 point swing in a possible 10 point gap.
To consider handing it to Liverpool is sensible I'd say but I think the Liverpool fans would have a bad taste in their mouth.
To hand it to timmy makes no sense but it would leave no bad taste with any tramp.
The media mania to hand them a title is something to behold.
If things did go that way, and they won the title with 4 points to spare, not one tramp media person would admit they were jumping the gun.
Just the opposite, I’d say.
More like they’d all be patting themselves on the back, congratulating each other in being Nostradamus level seers.
Then they’d be putting the boot into Rangers for having the temerity to want to play to a finish.

BlueBuzz

Because if the league isn’t concluded how do you realistically hand out the European places?

Has to be either last years standings or as the league finished. There is no other answer.
Or by the teams that have went furthest in Europe so far this season .

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
UEFA won't want to take anything to do with deciding domestic titles, especially with Spain, Italy and elsewhere where the race is so close. This is all a smokescreen by the SPFL.
Exactly

Keep reading how UEFA are going to give in to Celtic.
There’s no chance they will hand Celtic the league if every other countries void.
Germans and Spanish want it to be voided so I’d go along with them than the Celtic lickspittles in this country.

Virgil Hilts

Wasn't suggesting that there was anything altruistic in their decision making process and yes Euro 2020 was cancelled because the Continent is fecked.

It has, however, only been postponed (delayed by a year) and Uefa themselves intimated at the time of cancelling that the move would help all domestic competitions, currently on hold due to the COVID-19 emergency, to be completed.
Sorry, I wasn’t having a go, if there was any aggression in my list it was aimed at UEFA, they could spin a 1 iron.

1288Bear

Sorry, I wasn’t having a go, if there was any aggression in my list it was aimed at UEFA, they could spin a 1 iron.
No apology necessary and I certainly didn't consider your post aggressive.
My opinion is that UEFA are merely delaying a decision on National Leagues but when they can delay no longer they are unlikely to make a clear decision but, rather, give some form of guidance which they simply leave the individual Associations to decide on - anything else would mean UEFA taking ownership and responsibility (liability) and they are unlikely to do so.
As you say they could spin a 1 iron.

Govan36

Why do we have highly paid executives at the SPFL ( and the SFA for that matter ) employed to make decisions on Scottish Football when their method of decision making is to call UEFA ? Might as well cut out the middleman and have UEFA run Scottish Football ( I'm sure UEFA Pete would be quite happy to fill that role ).

Grigo Yossarian

Interim payments now in process, with us them & Motherwell in one bracket & the rest in another lower bracket.

A small positive at least.

£395k & 157k.

Del

100% correct.
Dont be surprised if the SPFL hide behind this and say it was a UEFA directive.

Del

Why do we have highly paid executives at the SPFL ( and the SFA for that matter ) employed to make decisions on Scottish Football when their method of decision making is to call UEFA ? Might as well cut out the middleman and have UEFA run Scottish Football ( I'm sure UEFA Pete would be quite happy to fill that role ).
We have a highly paid executive at the SPFL who will freely tell you he has no power - he does what he is told by the clubs.

Coopers left foot.

it’s anything but clear to be honest, if the title is null and void, that obviously means no one has won it, it’s defunct and Celtic would still be on 8 titles, if they were to win the next one available, they would obviously claim they have won 9 titles in a row.

Lets not kid ourselves that we wouldn’t do the same in their position.
There's only one classless institution in Glasgow, and it's not Rangers.

Timardim

Looks to me as if they want to hand the title to the dirty tricks , they'll put a proposal backed by the fat Jap to enable this , then blame them once other clubs disagree

Mexi

If this is true, it is obvious the SPFL intends to award them a title they didn’t win and are sounding out UEFA first to see if they might be in breach of any regulations should they do so.
If they do that, it needs to be consistent across the leagues

UEFA will give priority to England, Spain, etc over the scum

Grigo Yossarian

Seems an arbitrary cut-off point given how close Motherwell and Aberdeen are in the table. Not a lot for us but it will be welcomed else where.
Agree VB. Surprised the sheep weren’t in the top grouping.

These numbers will have VAT added albeit that’s then theoretically passed to the government.

I just noticed that the cash is actually already appearing in their bank accounts, so it’s actually happened/happening NOW.

Grigo Yossarian

Exactly

Keep reading how UEFA are going to give in to Celtic.
There’s no chance they will hand Celtic the league if every other countries void.
Germans and Spanish want it to be voided so I’d go along with them than the Celtic lickspittles in this country.
Agree Gramps.

Coops2016

If the SPFL have asked this then I assume Stewart Robertson is part of that and as such there will be no underhand dealings and he is fully representing our interests

mountloyal

Seems an arbitrary cut-off point given how close Motherwell and Aberdeen are in the table. Not a lot for us but it will be welcomed else where.
In a way I wish the sheep would speak out as clearly this is a first signal that the SPFL are going to accept final league positions?????

If they intended to go down the nil and void path surely an equal split should have been made???

steniebear

Was golfing last week with Directors of an SPL club who told me that it was partly agreed that Celtic would be made Champions and Hearts relegated. The only thing that could sacve Hearts is that if yhey make it a 14 team league.
No final decision will be made until the government tells the. No announcement from English FA because sky are looking for £750 million back

Grigo Yossarian

Was golfing last week with Directors of an SPL club who told me that it was partly agreed that Celtic would be made Champions and Hearts relegated. The only thing that could sacve Hearts is that if yhey make it a 14 team league.
No final decision will be made until the government tells the. No announcement from English FA because sky are looking for £750 million back
Will be interesting how many customers Sky have repaid ?

Gramps1

Official Ticketer
said it before imagine Celtic being made champions andwe’re the only country that this happens.
What a embarrassment it would be.
Did UEFA tell this director of the spfl club there plans?

Beer Belly Loyal

My take on all of this 'Give the bheasts the title' or 'Season NULL AND VOID' hinges on what is decided in England. Whatever decision is reached, the opposite won't happen in Scotland.