The Trophy Haul Head-To-Head

I'm sure the happy clappers will come up with an excuse or tell us it somehow doesn't matter. The reality is it's disgraceful they've caught up with our trophy haul let alone overtaking it and it's on the board. Where's Bennett now with his best in class comments.

Because we got back in a position to challenge after winning 55 causing Celtic as a club to effectively collapse. We didn't push on and we are where we are now. One thing is certain its5a long road back as they won't make the same mistakes.
They’re not that far in front , if it wasn’t for game charging decisions in all 4 Old Firm games this season going their way plus a mad March from Rangers we’d be out in front

They’re not that far in front , if it wasn’t for game charging decisions in all 4 Old Firm games this season going their way plus a mad March from Rangers we’d be out in front
We need the auto UCL place to go for the SPL winners - right now that prize money is not good for scottish football as it just enables celtic to win the league every year.

I can remember when we won trophy 100 in 2000 thinking they would never ever catch us in my life time.

Fucking horrific.
Totally agree in 2003/4 when we beat Dundee in the Scottish we drew level with the Scottish cup on 31 victories each, the only comp they had more victories than us at the time.

Since 2012 and our relegation they will have won 23 or 24..

Complete disaster for us.

Let’s be honest they have now had nearly 25 years of domestic dominance so it’s not suprising. My biggest worry is that I don’t see it ending anytime soon.
The decision to allow Celtic to build a bigger stadium during our dominant period without reply is one of the main reasons
From 2000 to 2012 it was eachy peachy.

We dominated the 90's and late 80's

Done well late 70's and early 60's etc etc

It's been since 2012 they've been able to establish a dominance.

If Clement can turn this around and establish a period of dominance for Rangees then rightly so he will be a legend.

If he fails the next Rangers manager to do so will be the legend.

Its going to take someone special off the park and on the park to make this happen.

Do these paedo c*nts include their war time honours?
Everything the scum won during the first World War is official. Despite many players being out on the Western front.
Hearts, were top of the league and effectively list a full team.

Everything Rangers won during WWII is considered unofficial

It's only up in Scotland that the line we are the worlds most successful club is mentioned , no one outside of their would know of this , so it's only relevant to them and us IF they overtake us, I would rather have say Real Madrids trophy haul ie all those Champs Leagues.
That's all fair and well mate but unfortunately our support and the club have for the last 12 years or so made a huge play on the "most successful team in football" badge and quite rightly that mob will hound us off the park for it if / when they eventually overtake our haul of trophies. Hope and pray we can hold them off for a while yet and it remains the way it is but if it doesn't we need to take our medicine I'm afraid.

Because we got back in a position to challenge after winning 55 causing Celtic as a club to effectively collapse. We didn't push on and we are where we are now. One thing is certain its5a long road back as they won't make the same mistakes.
That's my fear, Rodgers ain't an elite manager as the vhermin filth claim, but he's no mug, he knows he got lucky this season with us being so poor and being incapable of taking advantage of their poor form, he will be demanding big bucks from the board to strengthen for next season and with the money at their disposal they could effectively widen the gap between us and them massively. I know it's not forthcoming from anywhere but we could do with some big investment from wherever. Money talks and you only have to look around Europe, rich clubs win leagues and cups.

The worst of it is this is not all down to the filth being a better side.

Since Warburtons time, we’ve been been beaten in domestic cups by St Johnstone (x2), Hibs (x2), Motherwell, Aberdeen (x2), Hearts, St Mirren.

Losing the league to a decent filth side is one thing, but we’ve had nine recent cup exits to absolute diddy sides, and a couple of them were when the filth were already knocked out.

We’ve got a deep rooted loser mentality suffocating the club, and a few of the current squad have been around it and breeding it for far too long.

Until we have a root and branch clear out so that we have a club and team with no loser baggage, nothing is going to change.

We don’t need to sign people with massive histories of success. We just need to properly recruit so that we have a squad of players that are hungry and that aren’t terrified of our rivals or winning trophies.

That's my fear, Rodgers ain't an elite manager as the vhermin filth claim, but he's no mug, he knows he got lucky this season with us being so poor and being incapable of taking advantage of their poor form, he will be demanding big bucks from the board to strengthen for next season and with the money at their disposal they could effectively widen the gap between us and them massively. I know it's not forthcoming from anywhere but we could do with some big investment from wherever. Money talks and you only have to look around Europe, rich clubs win leagues and cups.

I can't stand the smarmy David Brent bastard but he's clearly a good manager. We have only beat him once in 17 attempts and barring the League Cup this season he's won every competition he's entered so far with another cup final to go

We need to take him down a peg or two and see how he handles the pressure. We haven't put him under pressure to see how he reacts

Everything the scum won during the first World War is official. Despite many players being out on the Western front.
Hearts, were top of the league and effectively list a full team.

Everything Rangers won during WWII is considered unofficial
Whether we agree with it or not, WW1 titles count for the reason the league remained a national competition.
WW2 titles don't get counted, as the league was regionalised.

Both obviously had guest players and plenty away serving their country and there's an argument neither should count. But it's not an argument worth having, especially as it would just be us desperately trying to find a way of us having more trophies than them still.

It’s this thread that’s full of mental gymnastics. They’ve won these trophies fair and square. It’s only the covid title that is questionable.

We can try and console ourselves by claiming it’s a conspiracy and they cheated their way to this position, but we done it. We’ve sabotaged ourselves.
While it’s true they could only beat what’s in front of them, it’s undeniable that they were handed free reign of the Scottish game.

They didn’t overcome a challenge to become the best, they became the best team in the country by default when the reigning 3 in a row (and cruising to 4 before the shit hit the fan) champions were removed as an obstacle.

Theres no asterisks, but the fact remains they were handed a unique opportunity and allowed to just hoover up trophy after trophy unopposed.

From 2000 to 2012 it was eachy peachy.

We dominated the 90's and late 80's

Done well late 70's and early 60's etc etc

It's been since 2012 they've been able to establish a dominance.

If Clement can turn this around and establish a period of dominance for Rangees then rightly so he will be a legend.

If he fails the next Rangers manager to do so will be the legend.

Its going to take someone special off the park and on the park to make this happen.
What scares me is the thought that Gerrard was that man that could have established a period of dodmination for Rangers and we let the opportunity slip big time.

I can't stand the smarmy David Brent bastard but he's clearly a good manager. We have only beat him once in 17 attempts and barring the League Cup this season he's won every competition he's entered so far with another cup final to go

We need to take him down a peg or two and see how he handles the pressure. We haven't put him under pressure to see how he reacts
You don't think the rat was under pressure this season? After letting their huge lead slip and watching us push out in front, they were one bad result away from sharks being thrown for quite a while.

We let a massive opportunity slip in our %^*& up vs Ross County & Dundee. After all his arrogant "see you in May" bollocks at the start of the season, his reputation was very nearly in tatters.

Always find it funny how folk go on about the fact we were out of the league for 4 years.
In those 4 seasons the manks never had any trebles and only 2 doubles. 2 of their seasons they only won the prem in those seasons, one of them the one where we got to the final and bottled it. Since we've been back we have hardly laid a glove in them, one seasin aside (thank you Stevie G).
Also if you look back all the way to around the beginning on the noughties we were not winning the league enough then either. This has been consistent and if it weren't for Sir Walter and Gerrard we'd be looking at a mind boggling trophy haul for the manks.

You don't think the rat was under pressure this season? After letting their huge lead slip and watching us push out in front, they were one bad result away from sharks being thrown for quite a while.

We let a massive opportunity slip in our %^*& up vs Ross County & Dundee. After all his arrogant "see you in May" bollocks at the start of the season, his reputation was very nearly in tatters.

Sustained pressure? Certainly not. How many points did we get ahead of them and how many weeks over the course of the season were we top? Add that to the fact we haven't beat them in the four games we have played them. Is that your idea of turning the screw on him?

I'm talking about getting a right good few points ahead of them and winning the old firm games

Always find it funny how folk go on about the fact we were out of the league for 4 years.
In those 4 seasons the manks never had any trebles and only 2 doubles. 2 of their seasons they only won the prem in those seasons, one of them the one where we got to the final and bottled it. Since we've been back we have hardly laid a glove in them, one seasin aside (thank you Stevie G).
Also if you look back all the way to around the beginning on the noughties we were not winning the league enough then either. This has been consistent and if it weren't for Sir Walter and Gerrard we'd be looking at a mind boggling trophy haul for the manks.
I've posted on here, they have been the most successful Scottish club in my time over the last 60 years. This is nothing new. If anybody thought we were just going to carry on where we left off, after returning to the premiership, then they were deluding themselves.

I always look back at us and Leeds utd, 2 clubs that for me played in the last real battle of Britain, 2 clubs that got into bother chasing the CL money and 2 clubs who have still not recovered from their troubles and we had far more than Leeds.

I remember a Celtic fan I worked with telling me that he felt they'd wasted the four years we'd been in the lower leagues. They won the league every time but stumbled in both cup competitions and didn't make any strides at all in Europe.

The wake-up call was beating them at Hampden under Warburton. They got rid of Delia, landed on their feet in getting Rodgers and the rest is history. The infrastructure that Rodgers put in place at the club was so successful that Neil fcking Lennon came in, picked up the pieces and won successive trebles.

This is another reason why the talk of the titles being tainted was wide of the mark. We were in the top division with them when they won all those trebles. They usually beat us en route. I just thank God none of them was in a final.

Sustained pressure? Certainly not. How many points did we get ahead of them and how many weeks over the course of the season were we top? Add that to the fact we haven't beat them in the four games we have played them. Is that your idea of turning the screw on him?

I'm talking about getting a right good few points ahead of them and winning the old firm games
A strange argument you're making imo. Yes the pressure was sustained over a number of months.

We weren't top of the league for very long but the rat absolutely will have felt the pressure after their two defeats in December. That was a shocking collapse and the turnaround in our form under Clement had us breathing down their neck. He won't have felt very relaxed at any point since then until 2:30pm on Saturday.

From December until May most of them were bricking it whether they'll admit it or not and Rodgers reputation was very much hanging in the balance. We had the chance to totally destroy his career, obliterate any respect or reputation he had either down south or up here. And we missed our shot.

Just hope we can make it happen next season. I'm so tired of saying that. But I'll be there saying it until we do (and long after I hope).

A strange argument you're making imo. Yes the pressure was sustained over a number of months.

We weren't top of the league for very long but the rat absolutely will have felt the pressure after their two defeats in December. That was a shocking collapse and the turnaround in our form under Clement had us breathing down their neck. He won't have felt very relaxed at any point since then until 2:30pm on Saturday.

From December until May most of them were bricking it whether they'll admit it or not and Rodgers reputation was very much hanging in the balance. We had the chance to totally destroy his career, obliterate any respect or reputation he had either down south or up here. And we missed our shot.

Just hope we can make it happen next season. I'm so tired of saying that. But I'll be there saying it until we do (and long after I hope).
Were they though? All they had to do was wait on the inevitable Goldson Brain Fart or Tavernier Special that comes whenever the slightest bit of pressure is applied.

I've posted on here, they have been the most successful Scottish club in my time over the last 60 years. This is nothing new. If anybody thought we were just going to carry on where we left off, after returning to the premiership, then they were deluding themselves.

I always look back at us and Leeds utd, 2 clubs that for me played in the last real battle of Britain, 2 clubs that got into bother chasing the CL money and 2 clubs who have still not recovered from their troubles and we had far more than Leeds.
Thank god Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had really good teams in the early to mid 80’s as the yahoos would have won every title from 79-86 if they hadn’t

Thank god Aberdeen and Dundee Utd had really good teams in the early to mid 80’s as the yahoos would have won every title from 79-86 if they hadn’t
That's a fact mate. Was just thinking about this the other night. After souness came, we were in heaven, but that lot still had the last kick at us when they got on top of hearts in the last day. Pity, would have given the good April news a nice end, to another of our poor seasons.

Wait till next season when the "most successful club in the world" jibes start

We really need this scottish cup win
Our future is more important than the rants of rampant Romans. I've had to live with their European cup jibes all of my life. Only good thing from then is, feyenoord stopped them from winning it twice or they would be going around with 2 stars on their shirts. One annoys me enough as it is.

They were quite wealthy from their inception as the RC Church was heavily involved from day 1.
We almost went out of business in those early years.iirc the oldest trophy in the trophy room is the Moses McNeil cup which was given to him as a thanks for lending the club money to keep it afloat.

Some of our players more specifically the "Senior Leadership Group" must be in on this conspiracy as well.
Lol I applaud your humour though when does someone's thoughts of conspiracy like yours for example,change to reality of what you see or are watching before you?

Do you think all dodgy decisions are just poor refereeing? Do you think referees don't influence games? The fact that you use conspiracy suggests you believe match officials are making honest mistakes (coughs)?

You only need to look at 3-3 old firm game do you think it was a conspiracy or fact that the referee ignored the fouls on Silva?

Ref got all 4 fouls on Silva wrong I. a 15 minute spell and couldn't wait to book him at the penalty but for VAR!

Who benefits from them wrong decisions certainly not us?

He also got four Celtic defenders dive on the ball and awarded fouls that didn't happen to players under pressure facing their own goal!

Who benefitted from that my friend it certainly wasn't us!

8 wrong decisions and one yellow card would have benefitted Celtic but for VAR !

I suppose you could look at benefactors in other matches where the big two were fighting it out for trophies this can go back a few seasons too where examples can be found where match officials influence had a hand but maybe you are right just one big conspiracy they used to say thst about UFO's but now? Nah refs are not aliens surely not? Do you think? lol

We might not agree on officials or what is seen as conspiracy or not but that's ok Np Np off out enjoy your day my friend

Scottish Cup was around though from 1874 , our club was around for 16 years before theirs so surely we had the infrastructure already in place .
Rangers took time to build a club to compete for the top honours, and for much of the 1880s were struggling to keep afloat.
Celtic were backed with money from the start.

They won the Scottish Cup before we ever did.

Hardly a strange argument. Being two points ahead at one point is hardly piling on pressure nor is being unable to beat the arseholes in a derby match

Iwant to see us beat them and get around 7 or 8 points ahead to see how he reacts. Something we have been unable to do

Over the period we have never put him onder severe pressure. We have to start beating them for starters

Hardly a strange argument. Being two points ahead at one point is hardly piling on pressure nor is being unable to beat the arseholes in a derby match

Iwant to see us beat them and get around 7 or 8 points ahead to see how he reacts. Something we have been unable to do

Over the period we have never put him onder severe pressure. We have to start beating them for starters
How many times have been 7 or 8 points ahead of them for a run of games in the last 25 years?

Sitting looking at a big framed wide angle photo of Ibrox on my wall , with "World Record 50 titles"

I bought it 21 years ago

:(

Rangers took time to build a club to compete for the top honours, and for much of the 1880s were struggling to keep afloat.
Celtic were backed with money from the start.

They won the Scottish Cup before we ever did.
I think I’m right in saying they had more trophies than we did until about the 1920s. People assume we’ve always been ahead.

Back