The turn around in the psychology is massive

spotlight

It should get worse for them if we keep winning. The pressure will be ramping up on them for every 3 points we win. It generally takes its toll. I think it was what happened to us last season.
Good point. It becomes a real mental thing. It would break them if the gap becomes big enough around Jan.
Head down, keep winning Rangers.

roscof

Psychology is a huge part of success.
I can remember, back in the 60s, teams were beat at Ibrox, before
KO. In fact, at the match with my Dad and his mates, they all wanted
The opposition to score first.
Just to keep things interesting .

EH47

FFS, while its good to be positive, getting carried away with ourselves before a thing is won is not advisable.
I'd like to think that's what Gerrard himself would say.

Thommo2006

It should get worse for them if we keep winning. The pressure will be ramping up on them for every 3 points we win. It generally takes its toll. I think it was what happened to us last season.

As a fan I feel deflated when I see them dropping points then being saved by a last minute winner. I would imagine players are the same. When you just see a team winning it does demoralise you

trueblue77

It feels, and looks different this season but it’s far too early to make predictions. They have a habit of grinding out results and they’ll do that most weeks. We simply have to be better. I think at times in the past we’ve assumed that our dominance of the ball was enough to win. Now there seems to be an extra intensity and hunger. A team that seems to have learned what is required. Relentless and ruthless. It’s what we do that matters most.

IrvineLoyal

If we both keep winning untill we play them we will go into game 14 points ahead of them.

So if it plays out like that and we have opportunity to beat them go 17 clear no way they come back from that.

But best just taking it a game at a time and keep doing what we are doing.

DaveL

I want us to demolish the sheep tomorrow, it will be a dagger through the tarriers hearts.
Teams will start to smell blood against them now, they look like conceding every game.

WW55 on the PRW

They’re not winning against them either though. That’s the difference.

They have dropped points v Killie, Sheep, Hibs and us.

They’re not winning against them either though. That’s the difference.

They have dropped points v Killie, Sheep, Hibs and us.
And long may that continue,
and is why we just have to block everything out,
get our heads down and focus on win after win after win,
every game is a cup final for us and that should not be forgotten

Calgacus

Which isn't sustainable long term. They can't expect their squad to empty the tank to scrape 3 points (or in todays case 1) points every other week. Especially considering they're soon going to have 3 games in hand to catch up.

In years gone by i always felt that if we were in touching distance come mid-March then the pressure started to tell on them & physically it was when they started to run out of steam.
What's good to see is that in the vast majority of their games they are having to work hard right to the finish, no more 2-0 up and just shut down the match. This will have an impact on them as the season progresses.

The momentum is certainly with us, but it's far to early in the season to take anything for granted. I think the manager knows that too. He will keep our players focussed in the job in hand, and that means victory against the sheep.

One game at a time.

PredaKing

We just need to keep doing what we are doing. Let them implode and we should be laughing at the end of the season.

Gogso

The dropped points are welcome, an occasional defeat would be good though, I genuinely can’t mind the last mob who beat them domestically? Maybe Livingston well over a year ago?
We beat them three more times then they are toast.
ST sales will plummet, fire sale of all the dross they have bought and not enough money to spend if they find a semi decent TLB replacement.

Trigga34

One game at a time win tomorrow pressure keeps mounting, they cant afford to drop points like every other season before

TPP

Tomorrow is massive, get through that then we’ve taken a huge step forward

Trigga34

Obviously a big part of the psychology is us winning at the piggery. We've always felt like we've been chasing because they've got the first hit in since we came back up. You're right that the difference isn't a great deal if they win the games in hand but the pressure is making them start to crack. Its unlikely that they'll go a 4 or 5-game winless run but the draws will do the damage if we can keep our focus. If we keep our foot down and keep picking up 3 points, their demise could be a slow painful one.
That was massive keep our boot on there neck its all about pressure

Intrepid

Their result today is irrelevant unless we take advantage of it. In fact, you could argue that all their results are irrelevant.
Our team should not be more motivated because of results elsewhere. Get out there tomorrow and give everything to win. It's what Rangers players in the past have done. It's what we expect. It's what makes us Rangers.

MTP

My thoughts exactly, as good as this season is going, there is still a long way to go.
I'm in the same space - Watched my boy get frustrated today when they equalised and had to have this talk with him.

We've got a game on our hands tomorrow that could see us 5 points clear (if you are generous and give them their games in hand). 5 Points is %^*& all at Christmas - long long way to go.

Livibear

Teams fear us and it’s getting to the stage where they are beaten before they take the park

every team in this league can get chances and score against them

It’s their for us this season to do a treble I feel

And it can turn back the way just as quickly.

We drop points at home to a team missing a number of key players and doubt can creep in.

Let’s see how we are when we get to the business end.

Ibroxkev

It’s as much for us as it is for them. How many times have we had the opportunity to press home an advantage and failed?

We’ve got one of our worst opponents tomorrow and it will be a huge test for us.

EC54

They just aren't as good as they like to think. Most of the time they play a half decent team they are found out.
The only problem is there aren't many half decent in Scotland, meanwhile in Europe there is and that's where they are shown to be very very average as we have always known.

change consent