The weather conditions tonight

Distribution of tkts has always been a nightmare and no matter what system is being used will never make everybody happy but the system before not being perfect which told you you away allocation allowed you to organise. The elite were still getting squared up them but it was at least more manageable. In the future one of my bus members could gets job in the Tkt office and we could be one of the elite but does it make it right?
Totally understand that and you would land lucky if you last point became true

All I done it pointed how it done

Your bus will have had a Tkt. All supporters buses would have got at least one Tkt if you were an A club
Yes and that one ticket was ballotted and I missed out as happens in ballots sometimes. I wasn’t then “sorted by the ticket office “ as I have never had a favour off them despite what you suggested earlier.

Yes and that one ticket was ballotted and I missed out as happens in ballots sometimes. I wasn’t then “sorted by the ticket office “ as I have never had a favour off them despite what you suggested earlier.
Apologies for using you as my starting point but you stick out because you have that green Kermit with you. In general I am getting at how certain buses in Glasgow are sorted without fail while my bus is s dying on its feet because we cannot get tkts. Members last game was St Johnstone ( 3 stands).

Apologies for using you as my starting point but you stick out because you have that green Kermit with you. In general I am getting at how certain buses in Glasgow are sorted without fail while my bus is s dying on its feet because we cannot get tkts. Members last game was St Johnstone ( 3 stands).
Apology accepted. I don’t disagree with you as we have commented in the past about the same thing. Our club hasn’t been able to run a bus to away games for a while now due to the lack of tickets and it’s often just 1 or 2 cars that go to games now.

Apology accepted. I don’t disagree with you as we have commented in the past about the same thing. Our club hasn’t been able to run a bus to away games for a while now due to the lack of tickets and it’s often just 1 or 2 cars that go to games now.
Exactly the same point as me and you know who the elite buses are I have not named them but you know who I am talking about. Buses in Glasgow should have no bigger right over any bus in Falkirk, Fife, Ayrshire or anywhere in Scotland including Baillieston. I want a fair crack of the whip, nothing else.

My view of todays game.

Was dry for the full 90 and saw every goal we scored up this end.

Get it round you peasants that were getting soaked. :p

F35-FDE2-B-5560-476-B-9-B41-38907-BDD425-B.jpg

It’s a very tricky one, I can totally understand the difficulty with trying to run a bus these days with the demand so high, as I used to be involved in running a bus and sourcing tickets was like a second job / working it during the week before the game / running about meeting people / posting tickets to people around Scotland / running over to Ibrox if any extra tickets turned up last minute, your asking / doing favours for people / other buses and hope it works out / building up relationship, contacts

what I would just say is that those Glasgow buses your alluding too, they aren’t automatically being sorted by ticket office, they will have more people applying for tickets for them than any others , they are usually allowing a number of guest fans to make the away bus viable, are getting tickets from corporate as they won’t usually bother with domestic aways, also for games like today from what I heard a number of people were doing hospitality to make sure they got into the game / and meant bus tickets worked there way down the points / attendance on their buses

A lot of other buses won’t entertain sharing buses , don’t want to be making number of extra stops to pick up people, whereas folk know certain buses will run to every game and will travel into Glasgow to meet the bus (years back we would travel up from Ayrshire to meet buses in Glasgow as no way we had the numbers to run our own bus, either with cost of bus / shortage of tickets

It’s been many a long day since I’ve been as soaked as that at a match. Up there with Livorno.

It is unfair to target individuals who do what they need to do to get tickets.

My Gers has caused the problem for RSC and the reason is Rangers greed or need to squeeze a buck out the support. Large My Gers membership uptake has meant that there are more people registering for tickets that probably never bothered about away games before.

Even more importantly when they are successful they still do not bother about away games and hand the tickets to their mates and family but still gather the points. Making them more likely to get a ticket in the future.

A vicious circle meaning that RSC's are seeing less and less tickets going there way. Unfortunately there is no simple solution and can only get worse as more people join and more people become eligible to register for away tickets.

It’s a very tricky one, I can totally understand the difficulty with trying to run a bus these days with the demand so high, as I used to be involved in running a bus and sourcing tickets was like a second job / working it during the week before the game / running about meeting people / posting tickets to people around Scotland / running over to Ibrox if any extra tickets turned up last minute, your asking / doing favours for people / other buses and hope it works out / building up relationship, contacts

what I would just say is that those Glasgow buses your alluding too, they aren’t automatically being sorted by ticket office, they will have more people applying for tickets for them than any others , they are usually allowing a number of guest fans to make the away bus viable, are getting tickets from corporate as they won’t usually bother with domestic aways, also for games like today from what I heard a number of people were doing hospitality to make sure they got into the game / and meant bus tickets worked there way down the points / attendance on their buses

A lot of other buses won’t entertain sharing buses , don’t want to be making number of extra stops to pick up people, whereas folk know certain buses will run to every game and will travel into Glasgow to meet the bus (years back we would travel up from Ayrshire to meet buses in Glasgow as no way we had the numbers to run our own bus, either with cost of bus / shortage of tickets
Excellent post,lots of good points well made.

Not disagreeing with you mate and good luck to every bear that gets the tkts in but it’s not as simple as that and to be honest I would not want these “elite “buses to be harmed but MyGers has introduced emails, check your emails and if you don’t answer you are binned for the next game. We have an ageing support that struggles with new technology. I am looking for a system Luke we had before. Tick the box if you want to go to away games. Rangers tell you what you have. Simple. People may have tkts through emails that they are not even looking at. Lose their Tkt and where does it go to?

It is unfair to target individuals who do what they need to do to get tickets.

My Gers has caused the problem for RSC and the reason is Rangers greed or need to squeeze a buck out the support. Large My Gers membership uptake has meant that there are more people registering for tickets that probably never bothered about away games before.

Even more importantly when they are successful they still do not bother about away games and hand the tickets to their mates and family but still gather the points. Making them more likely to get a ticket in the future.

A vicious circle meaning that RSC's are seeing less and less tickets going there way. Unfortunately there is no simple solution and can only get worse as more people join and more people become eligible to register for away tickets.
During the bad times our bus raised £11,000 pounds for the Rangers fighting fund which ended up giving to club 1872( don’t know now if that was right). The point is any money going into Ibrox for us was required and the more sponsors money we can get the better but Rangers are taking the pish with MyGers. We need accountability on how this is being run.

Not disagreeing with you mate and good luck to every bear that gets the tkts in but it’s not as simple as that and to be honest I would not want these “elite “buses to be harmed but MyGers has introduced emails, check your emails and if you don’t answer you are binned for the next game. We have an ageing support that struggles with new technology. I am looking for a system Luke we had before. Tick the box if you want to go to away games. Rangers tell you what you have. Simple. People may have tkts through emails that they are not even looking at. Lose their Tkt and where does it go to?
Ok mate, I appreciate that’s another issue in terms of communication / deadline for applying. In those circumstances it probably falls a wee bit on the bus secretary to be chasing members to be on look out for emails , getting them to apply (or could maybe look into friendship group so one person could be applying for a few folk?

Personally I would like option in MyGers at beginning of season or even after winter break confirming I want to apply for every game as with the CCCS to save all this adding free registration to basket each game

My view of todays game.

Was dry for the full 90 and saw every goal we scored up this end.

Get it round you peasants that were getting soaked. :p

F35-FDE2-B-5560-476-B-9-B41-38907-BDD425-B.jpg
You had the perfect view of the Fashion fluke that ended up top bins

Ok mate, I appreciate that’s another issue in terms of communication / deadline for applying. In those circumstances it probably falls a wee bit on the bus secretary to be chasing members to be on look out for emails , getting them to apply (or could maybe look into friendship group so one person could be applying for a few folk?

Personally I would like option in MyGers at beginning of season or even after winter break confirming I want to apply for every game as with the CCCS to save all this adding free registration to basket each game
previously we did not have to pay £60 to say you wanted an away Tkt. I want every Rangers supporter to stop buying MyGers because Rangers are at it. I have been running a bus for thirty years so I know all the craic. When it comes to it Rangers don’t give a monkey’s about individuals at Ibrox, they would bar you without thinking about it. Rangers supporters kept our club alive and they should think about that when they charge us £45 for Dortmund. Not once have they gave us anything while filling Ibrox with 50k in the lowest division in Scotland

thank fook the powers that be were wise enough to bring the winter break forward eh.. oh wait, also playing in the howling wind and rain makes our product look shit

What's the point of a bronze tier mygers, you get fekk all tickets, just a receipt for your cash

Oh dear you know the Rules :eek::eek:
What's the point of a bronze tier mygers, you get fekk all tickets, just a receipt for your cash
There is no point apart from you exiting £60 from your bank and getting a tkt for St Johnstone and Livingston plus Kilmarnock if they get promoted. No chance of Europe away unless we are playing in a massive stadium and nobody gives a fk about us.

previously we did not have to pay £60 to say you wanted an away Tkt. I want every Rangers supporter to stop buying MyGers because Rangers are at it. I have been running a bus for thirty years so I know all the craic. When it comes to it Rangers don’t give a monkey’s about individuals at Ibrox, they would bar you without thinking about it. Rangers supporters kept our club alive and they should think about that when they charge us £45 for Dortmund. Not once have they gave us anything while filling Ibrox with 50k in the lowest division in Scotland
I think need to take wider view on it that bluntly put The club needs money, the directors are facilitating the running of the club to the current level by short term loans which can’t keep continuing so the reality is rangers fans will need to contribute more if we are to retain the league / build up for next season (season money will certainly be going up as well)

& a membership scheme was always going to happen as they’ve obviously seen how it works with English premier sides, the ticket demand is there for us and it also gives rangers a lot more fan data / database info they can work with

It then goes back to , the cost for rangers of facilitating away game tickets when it dozesnt generate the club any money, but fills the coffers ot the other teams in Scotland , while we’re burning manhours on administration costs/ customer service operations / so the mygers fee subsidies that part of the business for rangers, I’m not sure I can really grumble about rangers passing that admin charge on to folk who want to go to away games by being mygers members

Like many people I was paying my £20 for travelclub membership, that could also wind up being just a donation depending on if I managed to make any away trips / how far rangers progressed. So I’m already used to putting extra money in and maybe not seeing anything back , but it’s for the cause at the end of the day

Looking at mygers , ideally for me it should be a points top down system for every away game as that rewards the loyalty of going every game , the problem is the way rangers are factoring in other ways to generate points , plus carving up the ticketing in bands so as not to make it appear like a ‘closed shop’ but reality that means folk on gold being short changed for silver / bronze, gold level shouldn’t be getting devalued , it should be on the other people to try and build up an attendance record to reach Gold level (and yes that will take time , and for games like Annan etc it will be just the same old faces in gold , but they have earned being a face through the years, the younger ones will just need to bide there time / earn their stripes as the other games build up, the older faces won’t always be there , new folk do emerge given time as family / work / business / health commitments come into play

For a specky man like myself it was a absolute nightmare lol I must have seen about 10 min of the game before the rest was spent clearing my specs until I eventually ran out of dry hoodie to clear them with and then I was humped :)

We were there and saying how the fk do certain people get a Tkt for every game including the girl with Kermit the frog. You canny be lucky in every ballot. MyGers is a joke and a fix.
If you really want a ticket most times you can, the girl with the frog may be a relation of a player or even works at the club or is a neighbour of a player who gives her tickets for every match, I was lucky enough to have that privilege during the 90’s and 00’s when a couple of pals sorted me out .

A few of our lot were refused entry into the home end last night. Police and stewards refused to even look at their legitimate tickets (QR codes) and stated there was already too many inside. I was in the home end and it did feel/look over crowded.
I’m told there was a good few fell foul to this but I cannot see any other comments on it.

@bailliestontrueblues

Whilst I get your frustration at the current MyGers farce it must be heartbreaking trying to run a ‘normal’ RSC.

Also as you pointed out RSC’s and your one in particular stood out above pretty much all of the others when we were fighting to remove the spivs, I will always remember the fact that your RSC went the extra mile in that fight.

However your frustration has boiled over and @lesleys was an easy target for you to lash out at, again though you have redeemed yourself by realising this and apologising to her, fair play.

MyGers won’t see a massive reduction in membership next season as the fly b@stares who set it up have it intertwined with the ability to get a ticket for Hampden so if folk are feeling as frustrated as you are dig in to the set up to see how to stop the auto-renew (next month BTW) once they weigh it up they’ll realise that the club have them by the short and curlies.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread… aye it looked a bit wet!

Special mention must go to the Granite City Bears, I saw their flag at the game. That journey, there and back in that weather, brilliant!

Follow Follow indeed.

Ill tell you whats not right. My wee boy had a tournament at 10am this morning. 5 year olds playing in that weather. Exactly what is wrong with Scottish football.

When certain players in the team hand over between 10-20 tickets to certain buses, the rest of us are getting fucked over! Everything is geared around hospitality and players mates getting tickets. MyGers comes next then the buses. There’s going to be a fair few folding over the next couple of seasons.

Well the frog has only got 4 so far this season from Mygers! It’s the same way most of the regulars get - a combination of tickets through Mygers, the RSC and being owed favours from contacts that we help when we can.
I’ve got a picture in my phone with Kermit :)) must be from about 2008 I think.

Ill tell you whats not right. My wee boy had a tournament at 10am this morning. 5 year olds playing in that weather. Exactly what is wrong with Scottish football.
Still don’t know why we take a 2/3month break during the summer.

Perfect time to get kids playing football.

Yesterday is the worst weather I've been in at a game. It was more that it was just hammering you in the face than coming down :D

Magic of the cup n all that......

Back