The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

That’s very interesting. I’m assuming this is just a Villa Sporting Director signing rather than a Gerrard signing but would be interesting to know whether he was ever on our radar, not that we needed him anyway.

Hickey could go down as another McGinn in that the scum could have had him fairly cheap when he was at Hearts. Fairly sure they had him as a youth too.

That’s very interesting. I’m assuming this is just a Villa Sporting Director signing rather than a Gerrard signing but would be interesting to know whether he was ever on our radar, not that we needed him anyway.

Hickey could go down as another McGinn in that the scum could have had him fairly cheap when he was at Hearts. Fairly sure they had him as a youth too.
Yeah he left them to sign for Hearts as he thought it would be easier to get first team football, there's an interview him him in the latest 442 magazine.

Villa would be a good move for hickey, he’s also came on a fair bit in Italy. Signing for Villa probably brings him back into the Scotland scene as well.

Villa would be a good move for hickey, he’s also came on a fair bit in Italy. Signing for Villa probably brings him back into the Scotland scene as well.
Depends what other offers the lad gets, sure there’s plenty interest from within Serie A.
A move to a bigger Italian club could be more beneficial as he’s still got plenty of time to develop and make it right to the top.

Should definitely be in the Scotland squads already

Depends what other offers the lad gets, sure there’s plenty interest from within Serie A.
A move to a bigger Italian club could be more beneficial as he’s still got plenty of time to develop and make it right to the top.

His issue is he’s up against both Robertson and tierney but Robertson is 27 so probably another few years then hickey will be able to step in, pretty sure hickey is only 20/21.

I think he has been selected for the under 21s a couple of times and knocked it back. Might be why he hasn't had a look in for the first team squad.

Newcastle really need to be careful what deals they do. These top agents players have now will ensure there are all sorts of relegation get out clauses for their players. If they spend a fortune and still go down which is possible, they could lose out big time. I know the owners could cover it ultimately, but it's not a great start.

I think he has been selected for the under 21s a couple of times and knocked it back. Might be why he hasn't had a look in for the first team squad.
Yeah seems to be ‘injured’ every time he’s called up for the under 21s but I don’t really blame him.

He’s extremely two footed and can play right back, would much rather have him in the Scotland squad than O’Donnell or Ralston

Celtic fans seem to have this agreed belief that the January transfer window will give them a better chance of winning the league or even save their league campaign to an extent.

I've always been very, very sceptical of that attitude in January for any club. Teams still building may bring players in during the January transfer window but I cant recall a team ever coming from behind in a league campaign after signing loads of players in Jan, and their league campaign being totally transformed.

Most manager's don't bother with the Jan window as prices are over inflated and too much panic buying goes on. The proper work is done in the summer for the most successful clubs.

Scum confirm the three Japanese players. Think it’s one forward who can play across the front line, one midfielder and a left-back/midfielder.

Two of them already been in Europe and failed to make an impact.

Scum confirm the three Japanese players. Think it’s one forward who can play across the front line, one midfielder and a left-back/midfielder.

Two of them already been in Europe and failed to make an impact.

Any signing is a gamble, but bringing so many to the SPFL from a completely different culture and footballing environment is a very big risk.
Hopefully they are all wanting back to Japan by the summer.

Guarantee at least two of those Celtic signings turn out to be Koki Mizuno rather than Ki-Sung Young.

I don’t want Hickey to leave Serie A, Napoli keeping an eye on him.

Newcastle really need to be careful what deals they do. These top agents players have now will ensure there are all sorts of relegation get out clauses for their players. If they spend a fortune and still go down which is possible, they could lose out big time. I know the owners could cover it ultimately, but it's not a great start.
Agree! I imagine transfer fees, wages and agent fees will all be over inflated too knowing the buyer has more or less unlimited funds.

Any signing is a gamble, but bringing so many to the SPFL from a completely different culture and footballing environment is a very big risk.
Hopefully they are all wanting back to Japan by the summer.
It’s a massive risk given that they have all just come off a season of football. I believe the striker is on a loan to buy as well which indicates that there must be a bit of doubt there. Their recruitment strategy is all over the place having just spunked £2m on the Greek diddy and with Ajeti still on the books.

It’s a massive risk given that they have all just come off a season of football. I believe the striker is on a loan to buy as well which indicates that there must be a bit of doubt there. Their recruitment strategy is all over the place having just spunked £2m on the Greek diddy and with Ajeti still on the books.
Loan with compulsory purchase.

Other two are in on 4 1/2 year deals

Loan with compulsory purchase.

Other two are in on 4 1/2 year deals
An ok so similar to the deals last season for Murphy to Hibs and McCrorie to Aberdeen. Maybe indicates that the scum aren’t as flush with cash as their fans make out. Be surprised if they have any funds for more signings. Expect a couple of loans and they’ll need to somehow offload Barkas, Bolingoli and Ajeti to raise funds but I can’t see them getting more than £2m for the lot of them.

So that’s Celtic announced Daizen Maeda from Yokohama F. Marinos, Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka and Reo Hatate from Kawasaki Frontale.

Not heard of any of them and as stated a week or so back - they will panic and add a number of players this window.

Aaron Hickey to the Premiership is an interesting one. He should stay in Italy IMO.

Risky move for them.
It’s both risky and not I think , currently they are not going to win the league and neither are they going to be lower than second .
could they get a set of solid signings that could make them champions ? That’s not so straightforward either .

They are in a tricky situation and I think that is why they behave as they do , trying to cause noise and disruption and damage to us rather than focussing on themselves .

So that’s Celtic announced Daizen Maeda from Yokohama F. Marinos, Yosuke Ideguchi from Gamba Osaka and Reo Hatate from Kawasaki Frontale.

Not heard of any of them and as stated a week or so back - they will panic and add a number of players this window.

Aaron Hickey to the Premiership is an interesting one. He should stay in Italy IMO.
Their panic buying is a late push to secure 2nd place

The tims are making those players out to be like Mbappe Neymar and Messi. I know hee haw about them. Anyone know that league and consider them decent?

Is it panic buying if they have been linked for months and sign at the start of the window?

The tims are making those players out to be like Mbappe Neymar and Messi. I know hee haw about them. Anyone know that league and consider them decent?
So many unknowns about any move let alone these ones isn’t there . Never seen J League games but I’m sure there’s plenty of talent and decent grade .

3 Japanese players have been rumoured to be signing for them for a while. I don't think it's panic buying as much as it's their manager being given free reigns to sign whoever he wants. None of the 3 players look particularly exciting for them though.

Don’t think anyone knows the league at all. I’ve seen some comments from Japanese fans on the scum Twitter feed saying neither are as good as the diving cheat and for them to ease their expectations.

Maeda had a spell in Portugal and flopped. Ideguchi went to Championship Leeds, couldn’t break into the team and was farmed out on loan to Germany where he was unsuccessful again.

I’ve seen a YouTube clip of Maeda and he looks ok tbf, think he will score in Scotland. His data analysis also indicates he runs about a fair bit which means he will probably press teams in a similar way to the diving cheat (and tear his hamstrings).

They're supposed to be top players in that league and Postecoglou knows them.

Then again, they're making it out as if they've discovered some untapped pool of talent in the Japanese league but it's probably just that the league itself is a bit shit so that's why not many other clubs look at it for players.

So many unknowns about any move let alone these ones isn’t there . Never seen J League games but I’m sure there’s plenty of talent and decent grade .
i seen a video of Maeda on twitter last night ... with his "montage" of goals - some were decent - but the one thing that stood out from his J League goals is the defending is comical.

be interesting to see how the 3 of them do and how they are deployed - Maeda is a striker so will they go to 4-2-2-2 style? otherwise how do him and Furahashi fit in?

Back