Things that irritate you during a game.

Some may have work to go to or are going out and travel many miles to be at the game, I agree it’s embarrassing for the stands to empty but many may have genuine reasons to sneak off 10 minutes early.
Going out lol

“Want to go out on Saturday?”

“What time you thinking?”

“5pm”

“Im at the game let’s do 6pm”

Easy.

Not much

A few c*nts on my bus who can sometimes end up sat next to and have to make small talk with that only ever leaves me wondering what the f*ck they go for, hardly even know who some players are, quite weird.
You can spot right away who views it as a social outing and who is there out of their love for Rangers. I’d rather be surrounded by a smaller number of bears who are there for Rangers, then a higher number who view it as a social jolly.

Going out lol

“Want to go out on Saturday?”

“What time you thinking?”

“5pm”

“Im at the game let’s do 6pm”

Easy.
Many don’t live in Glasgow mate, I for instance live in Musselburgh and sometimes don’t get home until after 7 depending upon the traffic, I stay the full 90 mins 99% of the time but won’t apologise for leaving at 85 mins to beat the traffic if I’m going out at night to a wedding or party ect, I take it you live with in 49 mins from the park by you post ?

It was always ok when the police had officers directing the traffic on PRW at the toll as the traffic flowed fine but since they leave it to the traffic lights it can take you over an hour to get into the motorway due to movement. I have written to the SLO in the last who has brought it up with the police but nothing has changed, leaving 5 mins early can save you an hour

The mysterious cloud of fart that smells like a mixture of beer, pies and a dead body. Drifts over out of nowhere and lingers right under your nose for about 30 seconds before going into hiding only to return 10 minutes later.

Also, the accompanying cheeseball banter from folk around, “there’s lumps in that” etc.

They‘re called fitba farts :))

Last edited:
Many don’t live in Glasgow mate, I for instance live in Musselburgh and sometimes don’t get home until after 7 depending upon the traffic, I stay the full 90 mins 99% of the time but won’t apologise for leaving at 85 mins to beat the traffic if I’m going out at night to a wedding or party ect, I take it you live with in 49 mins from the park by you post ?

It was always ok when the police had officers directing the traffic on PRW at the toll as the traffic flowed fine but since they leave it to the traffic lights it can take you over an hour to get into the motorway due to movement. I have written to the SLO in the last who has brought it up with the police but nothing has changed, leaving 5 mins early can save you an hour
I stay over an hour away. And if going out I’ll agree to a time that works for me without comprising on the game. I don’t see someone leaving early once to get away as a problem. Repeatedly it is a problem as now, they are at the game at the expense of someone else who would stay the 90.

The ball boys are a really good one. We either have them looking at each other to retrieve the ball or two balls come on at once. Or the throw to the opposition goalie is that weak it trickles back down the slope towards the ad boards.

Premier league clubs have professional ball boys, who get coaching and are briefed for each game. I remember Jose Mourinho at spurs celebrating with a ball boy because he got the ball back quickly that led to a goal saying how well he understood the game.
This, don’t want to go in too hard on the young boys but you often see them scrambling for the ball that’s went out of play with the replacement ball still in their hands, get the ball on the park and get the game going FFS.

Goldson got the card for a deliberate pull back.he was pissed off cos he had been skinned so tugged murphy back.booking every day of the week
Not saying it shouldn’t have been a card for Goldson, but if a tug of a shirt is a yellow, so is a clearing out tackle that doesn’t get the ball as someone lines up in front of goal

When we are in a good position pretty central at the edge of the box then we play it out wide.

We can go out wide pretty much every time we go up the pitch. Teams let us go out wide because it's easier for them to defend cross balls in. We must go out wide about 80 times a match.

Do something from the much better position you are already in.

“That’s sellick winning” I get a running commentary from behind every time we play the same time as them , the lad must be the only person in the stadium that gets a signal :))
I had this, some lad behind me telling us all in his immediate vicinity, "thats celtic scored, thats celtic scored". Pisses me right off. Its pretty much a given they're gona score against the dross ffs. Felt like saying no offence mate but just inform us all when they're getting gubbed eh.

Nearly every single person that sounds around me in GR5. They probably think I am a tit as well mind you :D

Greetin faced b*stards, constantly screaming to GERRIT FORWARD RANJURS. Also, another vote for the annoying Fifers who use the game as an excuse to catch up on the latest goings on in their daft wee village. No one cares that wee Jamie is off to school this year. Shut up and watch the game.

I stay over an hour away. And if going out I’ll agree to a time that works for me without comprising on the game. I don’t see someone leaving early once to get away as a problem. Repeatedly it is a problem as now, they are at the game at the expense of someone else who would stay the 90.
There are times when that’s not a solution .

My pet hate at games is defenders seeing the ball out for a goal kick by obstructing the opponent by shielding the ball, free kick anywhere else on the park but defenders get away with it all the time. I also dislike when the troops sing 10 German bombers or jumping on the head of Celtic, both embarrassing especially when we have so many great songs that could be sung

That free kick we give away regularly as mentioned in the OP is incredibly frustrating, I still can’t get my head around how we still sell them 2/3 times per game.

I had this, some lad behind me telling us all in his immediate vicinity, "thats celtic scored, thats celtic scored". Pisses me right off. Its pretty much a given they're gona score against the dross ffs. Felt like saying no offence mate but just inform us all when they're getting gubbed eh.
:)) , I get agitated , if we’re not winning and the announcement they’re 4 nil up, is made from behind

Idiotic linesmen that keep their flag up for offsides even after the ref’s let the game play on.

Next time the ball gets played forward, guess what happens next?

This thread has got me thinking about what I do that might be annoying and I think I have nickname type names for all the players. Someone mentioned calling Scott Wright ‘Scotty’ and I defo do that for him & Arfield. Alfie, 50 (Kent), Jacko, Davo, Tam (Lawrence)

Think I need to shut up actually.

Overly negative fans , especially if it's disproportionately focused on one or two players

Player X makes a mistake - furious

Player Y makes the same mistake - heid up wee man

Anyone vaping , drinking or openly battering Charlie. It is after all a place to take kids so leave the drink and gear for the pub and leave the vape
for the weans when they get back to school on Monday.

Shoot!!! Shoot!!! Shoooooooot!!!

Eh mate it's Kamara on his weaker foot , where do you think the shot will end up ?

Last edited:
The young lads that sit next to me- game starts phones come out. They sit on the phone the whole game only occasionally watching the match. Be as well sitting in the pub

The amount of wasted corners.
Why are we so bad at them. Rarely win a header.
We cant defend them when against us either.

People singing about Bobby Sands at our games.

People trying to “seat hop” during the game. Find your seat and plant your arse ffs.

People who do those farts you only ever seem to get at football games. In no other scenarios do you get farts that smell like a mixture of fag ash, spew, death, cheeseburger and a hint of bovril. I swear sometimes during the winter the farts are so strong they actually warm up the air a wee bit.

The matchday DJ at Ibrox. Much has been said about how clueless he is but I’m coming round to the idea he is deliberately winding us up now. One step beyond by madness played when Colak scored. Was fun at Stamford bridge in the 1980s, it’s cringe now at Ibrox in 2022.

Finally the Ibrox evacuation on 85 minutes - we stayed to the end of injury time to applaud the players off, as the players turned round to clap us they looked confused and appalled that there were perhaps 6,000 people left in the ground on fulltime , and half of them had their backs to the pitch scrambling for the exits. Where is everyone going at 5pm in such a hurry?

The guy in GF2 who moans but knows nothing about football. On Saturday, Goldson let the striker get down the right quite easily but dealt with it & he's shouting "LOOK WHERE TAV IS?!"

He also believes that FB's should mark wingers if they are on the touchline, even when the ball is at the other side.

Last edited:
When i had a season ticket there were two blokes beside me who were decent old felllas but they were so unbelievably negative if we were involved in a tight game, used to piss me off at times and i would snap at them eventually and feel bad about it afterwards :)

Dare i say it my old man was a nightmare for watching games with, he would stress out anyone just watching him.
Even in his 60s he managed to pull a muscle in his leg when he jumped up to shout at someone for missing an easy chance in a game v aberdeen.
He also left my sister's house after the europa final raging after having an OTT rant about the result, he felt guilty next day obviously.
RIP auld yin

I tend to kick it a few minutes before games pretty often TBH, rather have time and be back on the bus, games are often dead the last few minutes anyway in terms of what is happening

FWIW having seen the queue for the Subway at times, and more so after the Spurs game f*cking right I would be punting games early if I had to stand in that

opposition players claiming offside for any attack
something that became the norm with Pressley
even if the furthest forward player is in his own half- arm raised
quite often it simply cons the weak linesmen into throwing a flag up

Idiotic match officials.

The aforementioned foul from behind.

Pish about Boaby Sands and Behind the wire.

Cunts that don't know a thing about football never shutting up.

The gimp that sits near me in BF5 that everyone fucking hates who just spends 90 minutes screaming things like "%^*& OFF REF YA SKINNY FUCKIN mentally challenged POOF".

This thread has got me thinking about what I do that might be annoying and I think I have nickname type names for all the players. Someone mentioned calling Scott Wright ‘Scotty’ and I defo do that for him & Arfield. Alfie, 50 (Kent), Jacko, Davo, Tam (Lawrence)

Think I need to shut up actually.
Guy behind me calls all the players by their first name, but annoying as if he is best mates with them.

10 shit footballers trying to kill the beautiful game

Seriously grow a set and play some football

The SPFL is enough to make your eyes bleed

Guy behind me calls all the players by their first name, but annoying as if he is best mates with them.

I do that at the woman’s games, I must admit. I get what you mean about it being a bit personal. The womens games are a bit more intimate, in my defence. Can’t imagine calling Tav ‘James’.

I do that at the woman’s games, I must admit. I get what you mean about it being a bit personal. The womens games are a bit more intimate, in my defence. Can’t imagine calling Tav ‘James’.
Extra points for knowing any of the woman’s first names :))

Queing up for ages for the toilet then when its my shot i get heavy stage fright trying to squeeze a pee out then it becomes so awkward that im the only one not peeing that i just chuck it and go back to my seat still needing a pee.
That made me chuckle. That was me for 30 odd years. Had a prostate operation last year now I'm a member of the pissing freely loyal.

I remember when I used to use my grandads ticket there was a guy who sat in the row in front and criticised the team for the whole 90 mins. He would get incandescent with rage at a mere hint of a bad pass, a missed goal or shot would lead to a tirade and I simply do not know what he got out of going to the football, perhaps with the exception of a stroke.

Oh and there was someone near who farted incessantly. And it was stinking. It was as if a cloud of brown stench descended. At least 4 or 5 times during a match. I really believe that if the phantom farted was ever identified, someone would have thumped him.

Where I site now, there are no phantom farters apart from someone who keeps doing it in the stairwell leading to Club72.

Clancy. Mulvaney or whatever hes called, Francis Connor.

And the fud from Fife a few rows back shouting all sorts of incoherent jibberish most games. :D

Had a young bloke in his 30s sitting near me at the Den Saturday never stopped shouting about how crap the players manager & everything else was
I had to tell him straight if he doesn't shut up I will shut him up worked a treat he ended up moving somewhere else thank f@ck

Pretty much unavoidable and affects some more than others but having to stand up to let people past to get to and from their seat annoys me!

The clueless fuckers from Fife that sit behind me.

I wonder if you sit next to me :D have exactly this behind but I find them comical - getting players names wrong or debating why an injured player isn't playing etc. Harmless, but they do spout some shite!

Folk who start moaning about the result and game management, when we have played 10-15mins.

When I'm watching the game at home, I hate getting asked anything, or to do anything during a game by the Mrs (no pics) - 16 years together and she knows that Rangers play every week and when they are on, that's my focus, my only focus (alongside the match thread), and she still asks for a cup of tea or something daft. :rolleyes: B-D
Absolutely the second part.

My wife chose the USG game to tell me about this plan she had to get her teeth whitened, then had a go saying "you're not listening to a word I'm saying, are you?" Be lucky if she had teeth to whiten if that continued!

Nearly every single person that sounds around me in GR5. They probably think I am a tit as well mind you :D

Greetin faced b*stards, constantly screaming to GERRIT FORWARD RANJURS. Also, another vote for the annoying Fifers who use the game as an excuse to catch up on the latest goings on in their daft wee village. No one cares that wee Jamie is off to school this year. Shut up and watch the game.

Had guys like that behind me.

“That’s ma grand wean daeing well for he’s self. He’s started his apprenticeship” as if he has cured cancer or something.

I don't know why it annoys me but punters who tap the area above the exit doors when leaving the stadium. Obviously as the years have gone on and more and more have started the practice it has become the norm. I can assure them it doesn't make them any more of a supporter than anyone else. I'm an old fart thats been attending since 1967 and have never felt the need.:rolleyes:

Folk who start moaning about the result and game management, when we have played 10-15mins.

When I'm watching the game at home, I hate getting asked anything, or to do anything during a game by the Mrs (no pics) - 16 years together and she knows that Rangers play every week and when they are on, that's my focus, my only focus (alongside the match thread), and she still asks for a cup of tea or something daft. :rolleyes: B-D
I'm just like you when watching Rangers ha ha. However, you've got this all wrong mate. You need to have a word with her. When I retire to my computer room to fire up RangersTV for the match the first thing she says is 'when's half time, do you want a cup of tea brought down'?

More 'training' required for your good lady I fear.;):) (I am 29 years into my 'sentence' though rather than just the 16 years:confused:).

Folk that come into the ground half an hour after kick and can't work out what seat their ticket is for and then fanny about for 10 minutes because it's really hard to read letter an numbers n that.

And the arses that stand at the exits blocking the view.

I'll put up with the fly drinking and smoking (rather they didn't happen) but two f@ds were doing a drug deal in the toilets at half time of the RB Leipzig game. There were kids about. Should have said something but am aware my personal mores may be out of touch with the prevailing views on that.

Apologies to those around me for commentating on the game and shouting "shoot" so often.

The need to vape every 5 seconds. Quite a few of the seats around us don't have the usual season ticket holders and looks like it's on Seatsub. As folk have said before a couple of quick puffs fine but my allergies are set off each time!

Back