Things that irritate you during a game.

Think we have a solution to the season ticket waiting list,Ban the fans who shout shoot when there is no shot on,fans who can’t go the full 90 without going for a pish,fans who are not in their seat for kick off,Pay particular attention to fans from fife they some of them seem quite annoying,That should clear a few seats and it can be an ongoing strategy to get a better class of Bear.
You ever been to Fife ?

The opposition stealing yards with every free kick and throw in, right in front of 4th official, nothing said.
This snaps me with throw ins, the ref should simply stand in line with throw in mark to avoid wasting time spraying it all game like free kicks, stop teams stealing the yards.

Guy in the row back in BF4 that must yell “where are we Rangers” about 30 times a game in a stupid indescribable accent!
Anyway non ST game where we seem to get every screwball in our support buying near us, the Spurs game we had some clown screaming about Jews for 90 mins but the positive is that “where are we Rangers” isn’t there!

Commentators talking shit. Goes without saying in Scotland, but also a lot of nonsense during coverage of English football, European and International competitions. The endless irrelevant statistics, commentators who seem to think they need to layer extra drama on top of what's going on in the game. A few of the prominent English commentators make games unwatchable for me. Let the football speak for itself.
Commentators who give half a stat. For example . "The last time Rangers scored 3 in xyz was 49 years ago " without telling you who it was against.

Or "only 2 clubs have done xyz" but they don't tell you which ones.

The ball boys are a really good one. We either have them looking at each other to retrieve the ball or two balls come on at once. Or the throw to the opposition goalie is that weak it trickles back down the slope towards the ad boards.

Premier league clubs have professional ball boys, who get coaching and are briefed for each game. I remember Jose Mourinho at spurs celebrating with a ball boy because he got the ball back quickly that led to a goal saying how well he understood the game.
Quick recycling is one way to help out manoeuvre the battalions of defenders we face week in week out.

Absolutely the second part.

My wife chose the USG game to tell me about this plan she had to get her teeth whitened, then had a go saying "you're not listening to a word I'm saying, are you?" Be lucky if she had teeth to whiten if that continued!
This is like almost every conversation I have had during a game mate.

Guys that are negative about everything.

At Livingston, first game of new season and about 20 minutes in to the game and a guy near me non stop that nothing has changed and from last season etc etc.

Smoking and banging lines in the toilets at half time. Fckin mentally challenged behaviour.

Folk that try start songs when you’re trying to go for a piss. Why are the toilets the place for a sing song?

Folk who turn up late absolutely hummin of drink that try and talk to you.

People who canny work an electronic entry system.

Fans staring at their mobile phones all through the game. One younger fan in the Sandy Jardine Rear use to look up when we scored, asking “who scored it”

Guy in the CD who shouts ‘come on’, ‘move it’ and ‘shite’ the whole game even when we are defending a tight lead at the end of the game. Never a positive shout, just pure abuse as if he wants the team do badly so he can get his anger out.

The chap behind me in MLF never praising players and moaning and grumbling from 5mins in, every week.

You ever been to Fife ?
No,Hope the Fifers didn’t take it personally it was an attempt of sarcasm in reference to another posters comment about some Fifers beside him,
By the way I would get banned as well I’m one of these fans who get up for a pish 10 minutes before half time to avoid the queue.

Time wasting is the obvious one, but I am getting more and more annoyed at our players giving away an identical free kick several times per game. The opposition player will be half-way into their own half, running towards the touchline with the ball barely under control and our player will press them from behind, touch them, give them an excuse to go down and hand them a free kick. You can see it coming a mile off, it releases pressure on them, wastes more time and is just lazy play anyway!

Maybe I'm just getting old and crabbit but it grips my knitting!

And it is Sunday, roasting and I'm hungover, so in the mood for a moan.
Cokeheads.

As someone who has an aisle seat - folk who are leaving just before full time and then stop on the stairs to watch the game. If you've decided to leave, do it. Get out the road of folk staying and trying to watch the game.

add to that
people who want to have a conversation with someone seated at the aisle, blocking half the stairs width just as the first wave of people start to come back

was a steward doing that on saturday

As someone who has an aisle seat - folk who are leaving just before full time and then stop on the stairs to watch the game. If you've decided to leave, do it. Get out the road of folk staying and trying to watch the game.
That is the height of ignorance when people do that. Totally agree with you there mate.

Saturday when we put the subs on, they run 10 yards onto the park then the ref immediately signals for a water break why not signal the break at the same time as you have already stopped the game anyway, ref even did the same thing at the lowland league I went to yesterday

Reactions: G33
I'm just like you when watching Rangers ha ha. However, you've got this all wrong mate. You need to have a word with her. When I retire to my computer room to fire up RangersTV for the match the first thing she says is 'when's half time, do you want a cup of tea brought down'?

More 'training' required for your good lady I fear.;):) (I am 29 years into my 'sentence' though rather than just the 16 years:confused:).
I take over the living room for RTV mate, it's a room of noise and bigotry for at least 90mins - she can interrupt at halftime, she only gets me then though. B-D ;)

29 years is a long time, I hope to have my Mrs well trained by the 20 year point.

Smoking and banging lines in the toilets at half time. Fckin mentally challenged behaviour.

at least they've the decency to go to the bogs, a guy near me has started doing it in his seat when there's a wee 7 year old boy a seat or two down the row.

There is a very loud woman in Copland front CF1 among the back rows, 50-70 seat range , always shouts a lot of pish / no patience or acknowledgement for the context of the game / score line / opposition,
I know for a fact she gets on the nerves of plenty of people , a general sigh ever game when she starts shouting, nobody says anything as she’s female.

Even versus spurs , losing the plot, shouting and swearing with all the families / kids there and it’s a friendly for fucks sake!
Haha I know exactly who you're talking about. It's been 4 years since I had my ST in CF2 but the old boy next to me used to always give me the side eye when she piped up during a game. I'm sure she sat somewhere in that region

I take over the living room for RTV mate, it's a room of noise and bigotry for at least 90mins - she can interrupt at halftime, she only gets me then though. B-D ;)

29 years is a long time, I hope to have my Mrs well trained by the 20 year point.
Its a superstition thing for me. I only hook the laptop up to the TV in the Living Room for the really big Euro nights - quarter finals and beyond. Been that way since 2008 season. Otherwise, its desktop in the spare room and close the window so the neighbours don't hear me.:)) Can't stand having anyone interrupt or ask trivial shite. In fact I do my best not to talk to anybody at all whilst the match is in progress, even if I have a mate around to watch ha ha. Anti-social I am. Can't watch a game in a pub, for example - get too caught up in the match.

Its a superstition thing for me. I only hook the laptop up to the TV in the Living Room for the really big Euro nights - quarter finals and beyond. Been that way since 2008 season. Otherwise, its desktop in the spare room and close the window so the neighbours don't hear me.:)) Can't stand having anyone interrupt or ask trivial shite. In fact I do my best not to talk to anybody at all whilst the match is in progress, even if I have a mate around to watch ha ha. Anti-social I am. Can't watch a game in a pub, for example - get too caught up in the match.
I try not to be superstitious about anything like that, but we did win the league while I was in the Falklands...maybe I need to leave Cyprus and get back down there until the league is over! B-D

I am a chatty fan, to the point that my son has to remind me that I'm not actually having any influence on the game!

I try not to be superstitious about anything like that, but we did win the league while I was in the Falklands...maybe I need to leave Cyprus and get back down there until the league is over! B-D

I am a chatty fan, to the point that my son has to remind me that I'm not actually having any influence on the game!
F*cking freezing down there at this time of year. I did Jan-May which was just about perfect.

That boy played for their U14s. One of my pals wants the players who aren’t in the squad being the ball boys lol
Imagine how quickly we'd get the ball back into play of sakala was a ball boy. Sadly there's also the possibility that Jack, Roofe or Helander would trip over the advertising board and end up out for the season.

People not watching the game, glued to their phones more interested in their accumulator.

Some may have work to go to or are going out and travel many miles to be at the game, I agree it’s embarrassing for the stands to empty but many may have genuine reasons to sneak off 10 minutes early.
I understand there sometimes exceptional circumstances, but not every week. Follow and support the team from start to finish.

The 2 guys a few seats along from us, if we score an early goal, they say if we get a 2nd before ht, we go to the pub, then it's 60 mins, and then leave wether we score or not

I understand there sometimes exceptional circumstances, but not every week. Follow and support the team from start to finish.
I wouldn’t know if it’s the same fans every time as I pay attention to the game, it is what it is and if they want to go then they can, I do however laugh when we score late on

A bit off subject here but it’s worth a mention,I’m born and bred south Ayrshire ex mining community and since the mid 80s have always had great respect for the Fifers of Rangers persuasion,I remember during the miners strike of the 80s the news was covering a bus load of pickets heading to the line at some power plant,Therewas a shot up the bus where a guy was sitting in the isle seat blasting out the sash on his flute with the bus window being used as percussion.

The guy who sits behind me on his phone all game trying to explain to his thick as shit maw how to get illegal streams of the game on her telly. "Naw, switch yer HDMI. SWITCH YER HDMI! YER H D M I!"

The guy who sits behind me on his phone all game trying to explain to his thick as shit maw how to get illegal streams of the game on her telly. "Naw, switch yer HDMI. SWITCH YER HDMI! YER H D M I!"
That used to be me with my old man about 3/4 years ago!! Absolute nightmare!! :D

My bug bear is folk who curse and swear at every opportunity when they can clearly see there are kids sitting near them. We all get carried away and swear but some folk can’t say anything without using the f word and the c word. It’s tedious at times

Back