This is what we are up against

Scottish football is fcked , period .

We missed our chance to get out in 2012 . We should’ve joined the English conference and worked our way up . We would be league 1 by now and ready to burst into the championship . It kills me we didn’t at least try .
Fvck that. Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland and should always be here, it’s our tradition

Winners will adapt to any condition or challenge. We really need to get over this pish. The shettlestons have them coming up, let's see if they worry about it as they close in on another title.

Last edited:
We should take it as a compliment that very team in the league tries that extra 10% against. Instead, our fans act like babies and cry about it

Katic sold us the game, not the pitch.

All these excuses need to stop, unfortunately most of the players chucked it after Dubai and we all just need to accept that.

I suppose you weren't happy when Mr Souness narrowed the pitch vs Dynamo Kiev in 1987?

It is their pitch. They can do what they want on it.

That said, if I was a fan of one of these teams, I would be asking serious questions about application versus Rangers v others.
Have you tried reversing that argument? How the hell can we run the mentally challengeds ragged twice, beat good European teams and gave Portugals form team 2 goals of a start and beat them. Then come the weekend games we struggle to beat utter keech in Scotland.

The pitch was poor today -- there were points when the ball was sticking for no apparent reason at all in midfield, almost bamboozling any player who tried to run with it.
I also saw McGregor nearly losing his footing on the mud in his goalmouth.

However ... the goals we lost were as a direct result of the ball coming down from the sky.
The first had a high punt not dealt with and the SJ player had no problem in controlling it and scoring.
The second had a high punt not dealt with and the resultant corner wasn't defended properly and the ball was shot into the net.
Of all things, the pitch was completely blameless for the 2 goals we conceded.

It probably did play a part though in restricting the way we played.
And that IS me grasping at straws !

They trained on that pitch yesterday to “cut it up”

Ground staff left it, TV didnt pick it up as it looked ok which it did

I know its the same for both teams but its not when we are having 20 plus shots in attacking areas and the ball is bobbling all over the place

These teams want us beat
Its cup final after cup final
On and and off the park we are being out thought

im Sick

my source regards pitch can be pm’d to Admin
Looked like cows had trained on it yesterday

Of course they want to beat us ffs. That's the whole point of football

I know its the same for both teams but its not when we are having 20 plus shots in attacking areas and the ball is bobbling all over the place

These teams want us beat

im Sick

We once narrowed the pitch in Europe and once one of our players fouled a guy to stop him scoring.

Take up knitting mate.

The box is terrible, really badly cut up like a Sunday league box, but the rest of the pitch was fine! pitch is no excuse though, that’s just clutching onto straws

D60357-B9-3-CCD-4-BA2-A5-FF-58-C2456806-C6.jpg

It was their cup final, now watch them fold like a pack of cards next week in an actual cup...

The point is Everyone is against us and any advantage they can get they will use it

our pitch was muddy but it was flat!
Yes everyone tries to get the best possible chance, I remember Souness bringing in the pitch on Euro nights. I have no qualms about teams trying their hardest against us or having their pitch like todays. My point is, prior to the winter break we were playing our game, we were playing good football regardless of what the opposition was doing. It is not the oppositions fault we are rank rotten and not playing to our strengths but to the oppositions.

Professional footballers could play on sand , they are professionals for a reason. We cannot be clutching at straws and blame the pitch. Are you going to blame humidity if we lose in portugal

We missed our chance to get out in 2012 . We should’ve joined the English conference and worked our way up . We would be league 1 by now and ready to burst into the championship . It kills me we didn’t at least try .

And confine ourselves to being nowhere near a league title, ever? I'd put it past being maybe once in 100 years if we could be even remotely lucky. I don't fancy the odds here in the SPL, but they're inherently higher than England.

I don’t think we can really be too annoyed at St Johnstone for that. At the end of the day they’re on a decent run and want to do anything to win.

Us and the filth are the only teams who try and play football in the league. So you would only use that as a tactic against us and them.

I don’t have a problem with it unless they don’t do the same for the scum

Gerrard and the team looked at the pitch yesterday they were told it would be rolled after st Johnstone trained on it

that didn’t Happen

They were there yesterday?

So it took Rangers two days in Perth to prepare?

And then deliver that?

Christ Almighty, my night just got worse.

Gerrard and the team looked at the pitch yesterday they were told it would be rolled after st Johnstone trained on it

that didn’t Happen

We can't keep making excuses. We should be ready for all situations and accept that every single team domestically is out to get us, it's tough, it's shit, but we have to accept that.

What has the fact we narrowed a pitch over 30 years ago got to do with the ploughed field we played on today,

There are some amount of @rseholes on here.

Our pitch is bare but true and flat as you could see during the week. Players could run and pass on it.

How many players did you see falling or slipping on that surface, plenty.

The game was shown live on Sky, it is no wonder no one takes Scottish football serious.

I’ve played amateur football on better surfaces than that today.

We had 21 shots, 9 on target and over 65% possession of the ball. Feel free to correct me, but that's more than we mustered against Livingston at home.

The pitch wasn't the problem today. It was players not doing the basics.

The pitch didn’t make Katic sky a clearance straight into the air or scuff a corner clearance 5 yards to Stevie May.

It also had very little to do with our inability to convert more than 2 of the 23 chances we created.

The pitch was a coo field but we need to look at ourselves

And confine ourselves to being nowhere near a league title, ever? I'd put it past being maybe once in 100 years if we could be even remotely lucky. I don't fancy the odds here in the SPL, but they're inherently higher than England.

It’s not all about churning out leagues in a small pond , we’ve done that . The thought of things staying as they are is just too depressing to contemplate .

Scottish football is dead . We need out .

Teams have no fear against us any more. And it’s our own fault for allowing it to happen.
giving teams far too much respect, allowing teams to come into games thinking they can take points.
we are not ruthless, we are not a great team, we aren’t even felling as a functional team right now.
there’s so much noise being allowed to seep into the dressing room.
Great teams would not allow outside noise to affect them, and good managers would not allow any noise in whatsoever. Keep your business in house, keep the papers out, keep the gossip out. Our problem is we’ve allowed in to be front and centre in the dressing room and it’s affecting the players morale, form and basic ability to go out and do their jobs and win football matches.

something is amiss, it’s stunk to high heaven for a while and something needs to give.
Teams don’t totally capitulate for no reason after coming back from a break.

These teams want us beat

im Sick

Clutching, we’ve dropped ten points since coming back from the winter break , against hearts , Kilmarnock , st Johnstone and Aberdeen , you are looking for excuses when the obvious answer is we just aren’t a very good side consistently.

Given the state of our own pitch currently, I don’t care what anyone else does with theirs.

Between this and folk greeting that teams try too hard against us, it’s getting truly embarrassing the excuses being made for our own team and management’s ability to defeat opposition working with a fraction of the resources we have.

This is on us to deal with the challenges put in front of us. If we can’t, then we’re simply not good enough.

league 1? mate, we would be prem or right at the top in the championship. was 8 years ago remember?

Given the state of our own pitch currently, I don’t care what anyone else does with theirs.

Between this and folk greeting that teams try too hard against us, it’s getting truly embarrassing the excuses being made for our own team and management’s ability to defeat opposition working with a fraction of the resources we have.

This is on us to deal with the challenges put in front of us. If we can’t, then we’re simply not good enough.
Too many people looking for excuses, i have always hated the one about other teams try to hard against us but now we can only play if the pitch is good is equally as embarrassing

No one other than some of our support shared that vision. Unfortunately there were too many cūnts with short arms and deep pockets concentrating on rinsing the club out of every pound and penny.

Back