This week's Katic appreciation thread

He seems like a cracking professional also, openly admitted in an interview a few weeks back that he has had to work hard for everything. Humble big guy. Love him. For those with RTV, check out his “on the spot” clip from today

He seems like a cracking professional also, openly admitted in an interview a few weeks back that he has had to work hard for everything. Humble big guy. Love him. For those with RTV, check out his “on the spot” clip from today

I noticed him gesturing to the Broomloan end to sing up & then at the end saluting them. Great to see.

Was hanging about after the game to get pics of the players with the wee man, there was a crowd around Katic and was getting a photo with a wee kid, gave the kid a kiss on the head when he passed him back to his mum, guy beside me belts oot "I hope you gonna gie me a kiss" big man just smiles at him and gives the wee mibee hand
gesture....:))

We met him too and I liked that he had his own pen to sign stuff for all the fans as so many wee ones want programmes and strips signed but forget to bring pens

I said I bet Gerrard still looks to replace him and I get the feeling that’s what this is.

If it’s the case I be really disappointed. I’m fairly certain we’d have faired better this season if the Goldson/Katic partnership had never been tampered with.

Yip I’m also worried the gaffer is looking to replace Katic, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Whether this Rennes player is individually better than Katic or not I don’t know but the Goldson/Katic pairing works as a team.
Bringing in this new player could be a misuse of resources.

Never lost a header, completely dominant and simple in possession (only one wee blip passing it out for a throw with no pressure)
A Cuellar type must be out there at a fair price, fingers crossed because our spine is immense for next year

Yip I’m also worried the gaffer is looking to replace Katic, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Whether this Rennes player is individually better than Katic or not I don’t know but the Goldson/Katic pairing works as a team.
Bringing in this new player could be a misuse of resources.

We need 4 guys though mate, and if Niko & Goldson are joined by this guy & one other it should improve us.
This guy is meant to be pacy & a good passer, two qualities we don’t have in CD. Nikos probably the fastest of the current 4, and he’s not blistering.
I’m not too worried. From the limited clips I’ve seen I’m hoping we get Mexer.

Bossed the Hibs centre forward in the air.
Kept it simple with the ball.
Tackles like he means it.
And by God, he enjoyed the final whistle!
Solid, physical, committed.

Big Katic is finishing the season brilliantly.

1 goal conceded in the 4 games since he came back tells its own story.

2zgyalc.jpg

Love the big guy. 100% commitment from him all the time, gets stuck in and doesn't fear anything. I don't have any real concerns about our CH pairing for next season.

Brought consistency to his game since he got back in the team, but he needs to do it for a season and against them to really announce he is the man to lead us from the back.
Promising signs.

Just hope that if he somehow doesn't play great against celtic that the fans don't just turn on him

This is why I don’t understand the clamor to sign the Rennes player as well

Because 2 centre halves are leaving, and need replaced.

Unless you’re inferring we should intentionally sign worse players.

Imagine if we had had him in there all season, not that Worral has let us down but Niko is more of a warrior. We really needed that in the darkest parts of the season.

Also a solid, committed left back besides him. Barasic were he fit and as interested should be a good fit. Sadly barasic appears to be neither. Let’s see what’s done about that berth next season but it Niko every time for me, the first name on the team sheet.

Bossed the Hibs centre forward in the air.
Kept it simple with the ball.
Tackles like he means it.
And by God, he enjoyed the final whistle!
Solid, physical, committed.

Big Katic is finishing the season brilliantly.
He took some rough treatment a few times yesterday and carried on regardless. You can tell he really believes in himself at this level.

McGregor
Goldson
Katic
Davis
Arfield
Defoe

A very solid base to build from next season.

If we can keep Tavernier and get Kent back - 55 is coming.

Because 2 centre halves are leaving, and need replaced.

Unless you’re inferring we should intentionally sign worse players.

Iv explained my reasoning a number of times so I’m reluctant to go over it again but I’ll try and be concise.

Not every player you sign can and should be with an aim to be a first straight team pick. No club operates like this apart from those that can afford and are stupid enough to pursue a galactico model.

The point is it’s a misuse of resources to sign a new first choice CB when what we have is good enough and works effectively as a pairing.

The next two CB’s should be bosmans on squad player wages.

The big man's turning into a cult hero,I just hope the gaffer sticks with him if and when Mexer comes I would'nt be too sad to see Goldson leave,I watched Goldson at one of our free kicks yesterday and he was standing offside before the ball was kicked and never bothered his arse moving back onside,result free kick to hibs all for the sake of moving 3 yards closer the ball,lazy player at times.

No coincidence that the back 4 that done so well at the start of the season are back together again.
Not perfect, but as good as we have defensively.
Gerrard better not even think about Worrall next weekend.

Iv explained my reasoning a number of times so I’m reluctant to go over it again but I’ll try and be concise.

Not every player you sign can and should be with an aim to be a first straight team pick. No club operates like this apart from those that can afford and are stupid enough to pursue a galactico model.

The point is it’s a misuse of resources to sign a new first choice CB when what we have is good enough and works effectively as a pairing.

The next two CB’s should be bosmans on squad player wages.

That is far too simplistic. If we just had 11 first choice players and then a load of squad fillers on cheap wages, we would have been playing Lafferty for the past month.

That is far too simplistic. If we just had 11 first choice players and then a load of squad fillers on cheap wages, we would have been playing Lafferty for the past month.

More simplistic than just constantly wanting to sign upgrades for every position?

I'm trying to be pragmatic here.

Yip totally amazing to see from a Young foreign lad, who has had limited playtime and exposure to the crowd. He will be a legend I have that feeling about him.;)

I think he has really picked up on the personal support that the bears have for him MB. If he keeps progressing & with that physique he has he could play in the Premiership in the coming years.

One of my fave players. Glad he is back in the squad, i think too many discredit him and see goldson as a certainty to be a starter, it should be the other way around imo, he may have cost less and played less but i feel he is our best cb option

Its no coincidence we’ve only conceded 1 in 5 with Katic back in the team, weren’t we on some sort of clean sheet run earlier in the season or was it an unbeaten run with him in the team?

Solid and reliable and progressing very nicely I think. Katic is a cracking defender and will get better surely Gerrard must see now he's undoubtedly a first team pick and just as good if not better than Goldson.

I'm delighted he's back in the team. A warrior in the air. I don't think it's any coincidence that Gough has been mentoring him. Gough clearly sees something there.

What he has to improve on is being turned.

I've seen it happen a number of times this season where the attacker has spun him quite easily. Hopefully he won't be like worrall in the last game against them and would foul the man to stop him bearing down on goal.

Back