Thistle's sale of tickets going well

No. They're just the same as us. We had 200,000 in Manchester and over 100,000 in Seville. I was in Barcelona in 1972. It was a novelty.

If we played Liverpool twice a season losing 2 0 and 7 1 for example you'd soon see our crowds drop off.
Maybe but still enjoy the days out and the higher standard opposition. Your still a football fan at the end of the day

Ford-Kiernan-Greg-Hemphill.jpg

I absolutely get where you are coming from,

BUT, I don't recall Rangers fans getting a 12,000 allocation at the cesspit for a SC tie in recent memory.
When did we last play them at Parkheid in the cup? I'd assume we'd give each other the old league allocations.

Fair play to them
Although I despise their sanctimonious support in general
I know of three members of the o.o. who follow thistle everywhere

I absolutely get where you are coming from,

BUT, I don't recall Rangers fans getting a 12,000 allocation at the cesspit for a SC tie in recent memory.
Just like they never got 20% from us. They got 8,000 as it made sense to have the whole of the Broomloan and no more.

They reciprocated if we drew them at the piggery.

Why would Celtic agree to a lesser allocation than they are entitled to, in a one off cup game?

And why would they want to alleviate any ticketing issues for us? Do you know what these people are like?
Because at some point they could be drawn against us at the Piggery.

A sensible solution would be to have an 'agreement' that in the event of being drawn together at either Ibrox or SavilleDome that league allocations would be applied.

Keeps it simple in either scenario.

When did we last play them at Parkheid in the cup? I'd assume we'd give each other the old league allocations.
2011, I'd imagine. The dust up between Ally and the rhat.

Before that would have been 2004 or 2005 when Ricksen equalised.

And as you say the old league allocation rules would have applied.

Why would Celtic agree to a lesser allocation than they are entitled to, in a one off cup game?

And why would they want to alleviate any ticketing issues for us? Do you know what these people are like?

Thats what they offered us the last time we played @ the piggery in a cup game. SFA let them away with it because they cited security issues. We should treat them the same.

Fair play to them
Although I despise their sanctimonious support in general
I know of three members of the o.o. who follow thistle everywhere

I know one who follows Motherwell and one who follows Airdrie. I wonder what terms of abuse they use against each other when their teams meet.

Police can step in on safety grounds but both teams would be hard pushed to argue safety when those allocations were in place for 20+ years

2011, both teams got league allocations. Celtic were entitled to GWC, Broomloan and part of Govan front based on the 20% but obviously that was a safety issue

So the league allocation was given, then reciprocated

Because at some point they could be drawn against us at the Piggery.

A sensible solution would be to have an 'agreement' that in the event of being drawn together at either Ibrox or SavilleDome that league allocations would be applied.

Keeps it simple in either scenario.
Celtic won’t agree to that as their corporate supporters have pressured their board into trying to get a compromise with rangers. They wanted European allocations but rangers board said no this season due to sponsors/contractual issues

Celtic won’t agree to that as their corporate supporters have pressured their board into trying to get a compromise with rangers. They wanted European allocations but rangers board said no this season due to sponsors/contractual issues

Ultimately it would come down to the Police. I reckon they’d push for existing allocations to remain

Aye true, hence why we’re in at 1030.
The decision on away allocation is made by the home club without any police involvement. The police will plan the police operation to suit. The easiest thing for the police is the full stand which I wouldn’t want, followed by a European allocation but BR1-2/BF1-2 would be much easier as Celtic could use helen street

Again this has been said off a policeman who works these games. Ultimately I think if it was at Ibrox, Celtic would request a big allocation. If we got Parkhead I don’t think our board would ask

After two busy days of Rangers ticket sales, just over 400 tickets from our initial allocation remain. We have already been in touch to request the second batch of tickets, taking our allocation at Ibrox to over 2,600 tickets.

The Official Partick Thistle Singing Section(GW2) is now completely sold out. The Singing Section will now be extended to include seats within Section GW1. If you wish to purchase a ticket within the Singing Section, please state this at the time of purchase to be provided with a ticket for the correct section.

Ticket sales within the non-designated singing section(BF5) also remain available.

Only once ticket sales have been completed for sections GW2, GW1 and BF5, will ticket sales open for our additional allocation.

The office & phonelines will re-open for sales tomorrow morning at 10am.
Good on them. Most premier league teams can't even sell a couple of hunner tickets between them.

Thistle have always brought a pretty big support with them. Good to see a full house and dare I say it a bit of atmosphere (not Russ Abbott).

No. They're just the same as us. We had 200,000 in Manchester and over 100,000 in Seville. I was in Barcelona in 1972. It was a novelty.

If we played Liverpool twice a season losing 2 0 and 7 1 for example you'd soon see our crowds drop off.
Barcelona in 1972 was our third European Final in 11 years, not exactly a novelty

I doubt our Board will ever agree to change the allocation from the present number, I also believe PS would demand the current set up

Stay across from firhill, loved it when Aberdeen asc came into the Strathmore bar,, years ago, 10 seconds later they were back out the door running, then the sheep played queen's Park on a midweek night a few years ago, maryhill fleet and the possil boys kicked their ass on the way back to their tractors, qp were groundsharing at the time. Watched it, it was lovely. Thistle fans are wa*nks love double parking the cants , when they park outside my house, let them wait.

No idea, I knew a few older lads from the East End that went to Italy and I knew plenty who went to Germany.
But you can't compare travel in the sixties to Manchester or Seville

You're missing the point. Im referring to fans going to see their team in novel situations, like european finals. Like I said, a novelty.

You mentioned our 3rd european final in 11 years claiming that means the finals weren't a novelty. I asked how many went to the 1st two finals. You dont know and neither do I but it wasnt large numbers therefore going to Barcelona was a novelty.

Im responding to another poster asking if fans of "diddy" teams are just glory hunters. Im saying they're just like us. They go in numbers to big games like cup finals because its outwith the norm. However, they dont travel in numbers if they know they've no chance of winning. And that's why so few come to Ibrox. They're not glory hunters. They just know they're almost certainly going to lose.

Personally I look forward to the day when they are our major rivals in the city -that is if justice is served

Back