Thoughts on Yilmaz

Listen - you can clearly see he has the tools but it will be impossible to judge him until he’s had a full pre season under his belt and ready to go next season.

He’s very highly rated and will come good! The issue is are impatient but I can see a player there. I hope we move Borna in the summer and play him right from
The start
Listen - hi Barry

Bottom line for me. Someone on here recently called us Sentimental FC, and I can totally see that. Because people have really strong sentimental attachments to players who delivered a pretty shocking lack of success, seems the board are in on that too. 55 was brilliant, but a lot of fans are seemingly prepared to let some of these players live off that forever.

For me 55 is in the past, it’s done and seeing as this is Rangers and not Aberdeen or Motherwell, we should always be looking to build on any success and bring more and more of it. It hasn’t happened, so personally I’ve had enough of this group. Cantwell and Raskin look promising, as does Tillman, and Yilmaz deserves a decent chance a least. I couldn’t care if any of the rest of them leave, in fact if it was financially viable to replace Morelos, Tavernier, Goldson, Kent, Borna, Lundstram, Kamara etc I’d 100% do it. These players have let us down far too many times and don’t have the strength of character required for a title fight, they’ve proven this time and again.
Or we could be known as LiveInthemoment FC.

Those fans who want everyone replaced yet have ultra positive thoughts about players who are just in the door.

The manager has told you the likely turnover rate with players so he’s clearly not on message with the Uber critics. He sees the players everyday you don’t

I'd be starting him every game the rest of the season.

Judging him on the limited gametime he has had and on his first start back from injury, which he did fine in, is ridiculous.

Yesterday was like a second debut. He’s been out of the side for 4 months, and was never really in the side to start with.

I think we need to give him as much game time as possible between now and the end of the season, and for the bigger games make the choice that’s best to win that 90 mins, then treat the summer as a new beginning for him.

For me, Barisic is still the clear first choice in that position but that was the case for most of the games before Ridvan got injured. They’ll both be here next year as it stands, so it’s a straight fight for the jersey.

Targeted with high balls from the off and looked vunerable and caught forward for their opener.
Grew into the game later and if his composure improves on crosses,he,ll do well enough but he's not moving borna on that showing imo

any videos i have seen on him before he signed he was never whipping crosses in like borna does

totally different players and i doubt he will have time on the ball to play his game

Or we could be known as LiveInthemoment FC.

Those fans who want everyone replaced yet have ultra positive thoughts about players who are just in the door.

The manager has told you the likely turnover rate with players so he’s clearly not on message with the Uber critics. He sees the players everyday you don’t
Ehhhh okay? Seems like a really pointless contribution overall. Why wouldn’t I have positive thoughts about players who are just in the door and have started relatively well? Am I supposed to say “aw they’ll probably get dragged down to the same level as the rest of them” and start wailing on them now? What a daft thing to say.

Everyone knows replacing the entire squad isn’t practical anyway, it’s a process that should have been started some time ago. Here’s the thing, I see the results every week, I also see the players playing in the only games that actually matter. If they play well at Auchenhowie that’s really nice, unfortunately 7 asides and training ground drills don’t contribute to the league title or either of the cups. All that matters is those official games they play and clearly there’s significant issues there. And truthfully, I’ve lost a little bit of faith in Beale after getting the cup final so spectacularly wrong.

Last edited:
Thought he did okay and looked fairly comfortable, the criticism in here seems very harsh (this is FF, of course it is).

He did just fine mate, tough away fixture and outside the first 10mins he was very comfortable. FF just loves to hate our own players

Ehhhh okay? Seems like a really pointless contribution overall. Why wouldn’t I have positive thoughts about players who are just in the door and have started relatively well? Am I supposed to say “aw they’ll probably get dragged down to the same level as the rest of them” and start wailing on them now? What a daft thing to say.

Everyone knows replacing the entire squad isn’t practical anyway, it’s a process that should have been started some time ago. Here’s the thing, I see the results every week, I also see the players playing in the only games that actually matter. If they play well at Auchenhowie that’s really nice, unfortunately 7 asides and training ground drills don’t contribute to the league title or either of the cups. All that matters is those official games they play and clearly there’s significant issues there. And truthfully, I’ve lost a little bit of faith in Beale after getting the cup final so spectacularly wrong.
Yilmaz has started well? Yet Tav Kent Goldson et al are surplus to requirements?
Mental

Targeted with high balls from the off and looked vunerable and caught forward for their opener.
Grew into the game later and if his composure improves on crosses,he,ll do well enough but he's not moving borna on that showing imo
Apart from that time he won nearly all of his aerial duels you mean, aye?

As with a few other posters,he's just back,he needs game time,he's played very little.
I think and hope we see a talented player after a full pre season and he proves a real asset to us.

Hadn’t seen the game but saw the highlights last night if BB had been playing and we lose that first goal he would have been butchered on here irrespective of what happened centrally

He did just fine mate, tough away fixture and outside the first 10mins he was very comfortable. FF just loves to hate our own players
There seems to be people determined that he’s a failure already but whenever he’s played I’ve thought he’s looked decent.

Given a run in the team I can see him doing well here, he’s got a bit of bite about him and he’s surprisingly good in the air.

just saw his interview on RTV, I suggest folks watch it and give the guy a bit of leeway, and not pass judgement on the boy just yet

just saw his interview on RTV, I suggest folks watch it and give the guy a bit of leeway, and not pass judgement on the boy just yet
People are being asked what they think of his performances on the park up until now for us and are giving their honest assesment of that.

His recent interview doesn't affect this thread

People are being asked what they think of his performances on the park up until now for us and are giving their honest assesment of that.

His recent interview doesn't affect this thread
some were, but some were judging him as an overall player, when the guy's clearly not fully up to speed for good reasons

Back