Tierney as Captain?

So, you would agree its a step up for him, he'll potentially improve, thus making Scotland a better side?

Going to England would 100% improve him as a player.

His movement to England and subsequently making Scotland a better side by his doing so is nothing other than speculation though...manager might not fancy him; might play him out of position; player might get injured etc etc

So good in his natural position at his club he's given the national armband(hopefully with poppy on) and played somewhere else as scotland have a better lb than him:eek:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but he's that good they just find a place for him in the backline in a scotland jersey as he's now played rb and ch for scotland, yes they are trying to make this guy into a superstar whereas I think he's just the scottish izaguirre.
Centre forward next game

Well this bear is Scottish. So any 19th Century Terrorist who turns his back on plastic paddyism is a step in the right direction. I get it that you can't give him all your support. In that, you're probably right. I would never buy a "KT OK" pin badge, but when he plays for Scotland, he's playing for us...he's playing for me.
I’m proud to be Scottish but I’m not a Scotland football fan. I used to go to Scotland games when I was younger but not now.
I simply can’t despise individuals like griffiths and broon then be expected to cheer them on because they’re Scots!
The tartan army are pricks aswell who don’t represent me.
If I’m in the pub and they turn up I don’t feel like it’s all Scotsman together,I’m not one of them.

Celtic are wanting a big 'War Chest' this summer and are hoping they can get top £££ for the lad so giving him the captains armband helps!

And no I'm not paranoid and neither am I!

And exactly why he signed a six year contract recently. Now they will get their media hounds to play ball....

I’m proud to be Scottish but I’m not a Scotland football fan. I used to go to Scotland games when I was younger but not now.
I simply can’t despise individuals like griffiths and broon then be expected to cheer them on because they’re Scots!
The tartan army are pricks aswell who don’t represent me.
If I’m in the pub and they turn up I don’t feel like it’s all Scotsman together,I’m not one of them.
The Scotland team will be here long after Broon and The Thumb have gone. I'm a bit like you in that I used to rarely miss a Scotland game at Hampden but I still like to see them winning even though I don't go to games any more. As for the Tartan Arseholes, they don't own the Scotland team and never will.

Well this bear is Scottish. So any 19th Century Terrorist who turns his back on plastic paddyism is a step in the right direction. I get it that you can't give him all your support. In that, you're probably right. I would never buy a "KT OK" pin badge, but when he plays for Scotland, he's playing for us...he's playing for me.
How are you with Rangers players being 'dirty Hun bastards'when playing for Scotland?

The guy is a good player, not the world beater that many are falling over themselves to claim, but a very good young player.

Playing for his country and captaining the side will develop him as a player, he should be striving to be the best that he can as a footballer.

They are too far ahead of us at the moment for me to be worried that it gives them an edge over Rangers somehow. If anything and it hastens his departure to Southampton then all is good.

who else should have been captain? ferguson captained scotland at a young age.

he's probably the best in that team to be fair.

The guy plays in a defence which has been strolling it since he broke into the first team.

He has been an excellent player for Celtic, but he has been under no pressure whatsoever. If you are manager of an EPL club, you would want to see more evidence of his defensive capabilities. There is a world of difference playing for a mid table EPL team, he would not get the opportunities to bomb down the wing and leave gaps in defence. The priority for any potential buyer is; Can he defend?

He is a bit of an unknown when it comes to that side of his game, and that will ultimately affect the price they can get for him.

It smacks of getting put in the shop window

If they were putting him in the shop window he would be in his preferred position. We have two right good left backs. Tierney can play anywhere across the back four and is more versatile than Robertson.

It was done purely for PR, both for Scotland and the Rhats.

Plenty was said about Jack (and the 3 Aberdeen players) being picked because of where the game was being played but nothing said about a 20 year old being given the armband, which is now the only talking point around this meaningless game.

Malky the Racist just helping out his mates at the Piggery. That simple.

"The boy was captain of his country at 20" type shite to be spewed out now until he is sold.

So what would we do if no one in the squad was captain or vice captain at their club. Someone's got to do it, but I don't think it really matters a jot who got the gig tonight in a friendly at Pittodrie.
It matters simply because he was given the role because of the team he plays for and his Catholicism and that should set alarm bells ringing in the protestants who play for rangers and make themselves available for a Catholic run sfa team.

He maybe playing for you but he certainly is not playing for me or us and after the treatment MY club has been given by the sfa and other teams fans I will never be one of us as you call them.

It matters simply because he was given the role because of the team he plays for and his Catholicism and that should set alarm bells ringing in the protestants who play for rangers and make themselves available for a Catholic run sfa team.

This place is fucking unreal at times

I wonder, why did they photoshop the poppy out of the picture? :rolleyes:

Celtic Football Club‏Verified account @celticfc
1f64c.png
Captaining your country at the age of 20... #FridayFeeling

DOQssdVXUAA0mV3.jpg

9:29 AM - 10 Nov 2017

Going to England would 100% improve him as a player.

His movement to England and subsequently making Scotland a better side by his doing so is nothing other than speculation though...manager might not fancy him; might play him out of position; player might get injured etc etc
Or he would be on the end of rapings similar too what he received in the champs league or even against a Nemame.

I didn't watch it and that would have been unthinkable a few years ago I turned over to the NI game before the trannies started their bile but clocked Tierney with the armband and thought eh!!, I did however turn over at the second that that mentally challenged McGregor gave the ball away that led to the goal ;)

He is Scotland’s best player by a mile and it showed, they will get circa 30m for him by the end of he season
No they wont i wish folk would stop spouting pish like this... no player in the spfl is ever going to go for 30 mil regardless of how good they are. Its just never going to happen our league is one of the worst in the world.

Don’t really see the issue with him being captain tbh. He and hopefully the likes of McCrorie are the future of the national side

From a neutral point of view I don’t see anything wrong with giving the fella a shot at the captaincy for a friendly. Giving someone an experience so they can progress as a player.

I would fully expect someone else to have the captaincy for the next friendly match.

Back in the 90s, I used to love it when mentally challengeds claimed that they would cheer a McCoist goal for Scotland because "He's not a Rangers player when he plays for Scotland". I would think to myself "Aye he is!!!"

But you know what? The boy's a good player. A nice lad. Been brought up well. Polite. Patient with people asking for autographs.

There are worse things to applaud in life.

Tierney is the Scotland captain tonight.

He has my support.
This isn't about Tierney. It's how the new Scottish establishment are promoting a Celtic player simply because he is a Celtic player. If it puts more money in their pockets than would otherwise be the case, it's bad for us.

Fast forward a couple of years and let's see how they treat Ross McCrorie. He's every bit as good a prospect as Tierney but I bet he doesn't get half the adulation and promotion.

The mentally challengeds have a Midas touch in reverse. Everything they touch turns to shit.

Does anyone really believe that EPL teams are going to consider him worth more because he captained Scotland once in a meaningless friendlies?

The Bear Pit is an absolute train wreck for paranoia

Anyone see Reporting Scotland tonight? Football section went like this - Brief match summary - How good is Tierney? - Dick Van Dike saying Celtic aren’t getting enough credit for their unbeaten run. Throw in a report about football related paedophilic abuse by a Catholic ‘brotherhood’ which managed to avoid mentioning a certain green and grey striped elephant, and you had a quintessential BBC Scotland news programme. Also - a preview of tonight’s show which looks at Scotland moving from Hampden - illustrated by a Celtic goal and shots of the mongo masses celebrating. I’m honestly not joking.

When Iplayed the game the captain was the guy on the park who helped and advised others around him to do the business. I may be an old timer or maybe a dinosaur but can somebody explain to me what experience has that laddie got to be able to pass on any words of wisdom to more experienced players about him. Maybe in the future when he has learned his trade

Giving Tierney the armband ahead of more mature candidates was proof of McKay being played like a puppet by his paymasters. There was experienced captains on the pitch last night conveniently overlooked for a guy that played in defence for his club in a record Champions League humping.

a bastard of a decision a wee wank who gets found out in europe but looks good against the dross in this league should not be a captain of his country liewell getting his pals at the sfa to big him up so some sap team will buy him at an over inflated price

Should a player who is not even his clubs VC let alone Captain have been captaining his country tonight? Seriously, what's that all about then?
The Scotland team is like the Scottish football set-up, run by and for papes. Thankfully I have zero interest in the Scotland team anymore. Let them play in Green. It’s what the cûnts want, no doubt.

Tierney is a good player in a sub standard league, look at him when he is asked to do his main job , that is defend, Rhahim Sterling ripped him apart last season, Mpbabbe ripped him apart in the 5 0 game Robben ripped him apart in Munich, does anyone really think this is a class left back ? He is an average full back by EPL standards so they will get decent money for him but talk of 30m is way off the mark.

Back