Tillman perma purchase

The player pushed for this move over other loan deals because Gio saw him as a first team player this season. This was important to him with the world cup coming up. He will be a Rangers player come the summer.
Most excellent news.

I’m watching this boy today in the flesh and thinking if he stays injury free he could well be an absolute beast for us.

To be honest Tillman had the standout YouTube clip from all the signings we made …. couldn’t believe we had managed to get a try before you buy clause … he’s quality !!!!

Surely there must be an element of choice for Tillman as well? I could understand if the lad feels if he comes here and plays outstanding he might be in with a shout for playing in the Bayern team proper.

He is class and I really hope this carries on and he stays but I will enjoy it while it lasts either way.

Can’t see us making a fortune on this deal , but good to have the boy for a few seasons , we will buy for €5m after first season ,Bayern will come in with say €12m after second , he will be worth more than that but still may not be their level , so they can punt him on for say €20m he will still only be 22-23 years of age .

He will make us more than Bassey did in not too long and win trophies for us in the meantime. Brilliant player and incredible prospect.
He won't if Bayern's buy-back clause is less than €23m and they choose to exercise the option and then punt him along

Fair enough.

If that's true, I would say we've got very little chance of signing him, as he will be offered huge wages elsewhere.
That’s always the chance you take with loan players.

Hopefully both the club and player make a big impression over the next season on each other that he believes his best football will be at us for a few seasons.

Can’t see us making a fortune on this deal , but good to have the boy for a few seasons , we will buy for €5m after first season ,Bayern will come in with say €12m after second , he will be worth more than that but still may not be their level , so they can punt him on for say €20m he will still only be 22-23 years of age .

That wont happen. Our option to buy is for £6m and Bayern's buy back clause is set around £20m.

Sure his buy back €5m and where is Bayern buy back figure from mate ?

Heard it second hand in a group chat so by no means concrete, but I trust the guy who said it. Buy back clauses tend to be set at the upper valuation of what a player could be worth, so makes sense if it's around similar to what we got for Bassey.

Excuse a stupid question but is our ‘Option to buy’ as straightforward as it sounds, i.e if we want him we can buy him and if so is the price already set?

Conversely, is there any option for Bayern to then insert a buyback clause with any purchase, essentially meaning he’s sort of still on loan?

The kid is $1,000,000 every time he’s on the ball and we have to make him ours.
Was reported as an exclusive right to buy with an agreed fee (€5m) and Bayern had a buy back included.

I’m sure I’d read it was closer to the €8m roughly the same output as what we paid for Kent it’s no brainer really when you consider we just banked 5m already for making this next round of qualifiers.

Yeah Opta has put me right on that one.

As per my reply to him, he will be out of our reach with regard wages, I would imagine, if he continues to look like an absolute star.
All depends on how great a season he has and what other clubs offer him huge salaries.

We managed it previously with Kent, and the filth did it with that wee poofy winger so it can be done

Heard it second hand in a group chat so by no means concrete, but I trust the guy who said it. Buy back clauses tend to be set at the upper valuation of what a player could be worth, so makes sense if it's around similar to what we got for Bassey.
Ach should have said mate , same group chat as Skov Olsen signing :D .

We need to make it permanent. Bayern aren’t going to be buying him back from us regardless of how well he does here tho. He’s definitely a player

The buy back clause will trigger if we take up the option to buy. Both fees will already be set.

When the sold Sanches to Lille it was reported as €21m fee and buy back was €25m

Whoever agreed that deal on the Lille side must have been getting a brown envelope thats a shocking deal. Its basically a €4 million loan for a couple of years.

All depends on how great a season he has and what other clubs offer him huge salaries.

We managed it previously with Kent, and the filth did it with that wee poofy winger so it can be done
I think MT might be on a totally different level to those two players if I'm being honest.

I'm just going to enjoy watching him this season and see what happens. :)

Not necessarily, player could still reject the move if Rangers triggered the option to buy.
This very rarely happens. From what I've heard Tillman is very mature beyond his years in how he wants to develop and how he thinks he can make that happen. One of the main requirements for his move to Rangers was the promise of first team football.

I think he will star for us before the world cup, both domestically and in Europe then will go on and have fine performances in the World Cup.

He will see how long term future in what of the big leagues bit I think he sees Rangers as a brilliant place to develop a side of his game he would be to do so.

This very rarely happens. From what I've heard Tillman is very mature beyond his years in how he wants to develop and how he thinks he can make that happen. One of the main requirements for his move to Rangers was the promise of first team football.

I think he will star for us before the world cup, both domestically and in Europe then will go on and have fine performances in the World Cup.

He will see how long term future in what of the big leagues bit I think he sees Rangers as a brilliant place to develop a side of his game he would be to do so.
Yeah I wasn’t saying it would happen just that an option to buy doesn’t mean an agreement with the player.

I’d agree based on his interview after the USG game he genuinely looked lost for words.

I can’t remember his name at the moment but there was a young foreign loanee a few years ago who everyone wanted to buy then he got injured and lost his form completely
Not sure of the foreign one you mean but people were raving about Sean Goss after a few good games. Although obviously Tillman looks a good few levels above him!

See that's what I thought.

If MT hasn't agreed to sign for the set fee at the end of the season, it's a loan where everyone has an option to buy.

They just have to agree a fee with Bayern and a salary for the player.
The package for a permanent deal will be all but agreed between club and player.

The deal with Bayern was meant to be pre agreed but Wilson did get a different deal from Genk as to what was reported for Hagi

He will make us more than Bassey did in not too long and win trophies for us in the meantime. Brilliant player and incredible prospect.
probably not, Bayern have a buy back, Id imagine it will only be around £15m

no way would Bayern give us a £5m option then have a £25m buyback

Would we pay the money now or will the club just wait incase something happens injury or otherwise ?

The club have a deal at an agreed price they can offer that amount and Bayern can't reject it allowing us to deal with Tillman directly it will be done at the end of the season if they want him
Would we pay the money now or will the club just wait incase something happens injury or otherwise ?

Did we get stung in a similar deal with gattuso. Think we'd loaned him to salernitana with a option price, they bought him at the end of the season and sold him to AC Milan for double a few weeks later

FaDC-iVX0AIJUVg

He’s our player for a season then we have an option to buy him at whatever price was agreed. There’s no real benefit in buying him early unless Bayern remove their buy back clause.
the buy back price is normally double the agreed purchase price.

Was it not announced as ‘a loan with an exclusive option to buy’? So, we get first dibs’. No idea of the fee though, but some on here have suggested it’s circa £4.5m.
RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of Malik Tillman on a season-long loan from Bayern Munich, with an exclusive option to buy subject to international clearance.

That's from the club site when we signed him.

Back