Tilman

5/6 million

If that’s the rumoured fee.

Pay it, **not just based on tonight **

The market of players we can sign is limited, he’s a win for us, if we pay that fee we make it back, he’s a proper player

He’s a Bayern academy player, a player who maybe didn’t “make it” there but that education does matter and will hold value

We can scout all we want, finding players you can see a 10 million plus fee won’t happen often, he is that, we would make money on him.

He might not be the best player in the country (yet) but he has something worth investing in
I think the Bayern academy training is a massive plus.

I see Tillman as almost a clone of Aribo when he first came.

He’s got magical, quick feet on a long frame. He covers ground at pace whilst looking like he’s just ambling. Good in the air, deceptively strong in the tackle but gets abuse from fans for not working hard enough because he makes it look easy when he does it. Switches off defensively so he can be a liability in defence although all the tools are there. Often seems keener to pass than score when the chance is there. Can play anywhere from #8 forward but versatility means he looks raw in most positions. More likely to provide 2 or 3 magical moments than to dominate a game for 90 mins.

The one big difference I see is that I always felt Aribo needed to be told how good he was. Coming through non league and then Charlton maybe made him a little “shy” for want of a better word. German and particularly Bayern players are not shy in any way and have that added mental strength drilled into them long before they’re 20 if they’re going to make it.

There are other areas I think Tillman is better coached - less likely to take an extra touch, better awareness of runners.

For me, buying him has been a no-brainer since the first YouTube video. He’s a slightly younger and less raw Aribo for 5 or 6 million. I’d also ask to buy out Bayern’s buy back clause if possible.

5/6 million

If that’s the rumoured fee.

Pay it, **not just based on tonight **

The market of players we can sign is limited, he’s a win for us, if we pay that fee we make it back, he’s a proper player

He’s a Bayern academy player, a player who maybe didn’t “make it” there but that education does matter and will hold value

We can scout all we want, finding players you can see a 10 million plus fee won’t happen often, he is that, we would make money on him.

He might not be the best player in the country (yet) but he has something worth investing in
Very powerful argument there.

Back