Time for cool heads and untwisting of knickers.

Hap Hapablap

Nothing quite like a Rangers defeat brings out the end of the world brigade. A sore one yes, a disaster, NO.

I was in the pub pre-match last Sunday when the place erupted when Celtic got beat. We then went on to produce a terrific performance and we skipped out of Ibrox. Today and this weekend, the reverse has happened.

But it's still early and we are not adrift. We cannot panic. The progress we have made under Gerrards stewardship cannot be understated. Him and the players need our continued support. Sucker punches happen. Motherwell and Aberdeen were sickeners. Today was a case of the team not turning up. All of them.

As the manager says, we deserved all we got today which was nothing. He has faced up to it and will acknowledge his team selection for this fixture was wrong. Was perhaps a day for the likes of Halliday and McCrorie.

Step back and realise we are only 2 points behind the Vermin after winning 3 of 7. We have Hearts at Ibrox coming up in a must win game. And we have Rapid Vienna visiting Ibrox on Thursday. In a Europa league GROUP match. Think about that and chill the fuck out.

On reflection Livi will cause problems and not drop many points at home. Still an unacceptable result though! They beat Hivs and drew at Tynecastle. They play to their strengths, but we were nowhere near good enough. We need to sort our away form!

New teams often struggle badly away from home at the start of their season. A few extenuating circumstances makes it seem worse than it really is.

This is the reality.

And an undoubted learning curve under way with our management team.

We were never going to overcome the absolute shambles we were last season in a single transfer window. Saying that, we aren't as good as some fans think we are (especially after beating bottom feeder teams by 4 or 5 goals at Ibrox).

Nothing quite like a Rangers defeat brings out the end of the world brigade. A sore one yes, a disaster, NO.

I was in the pub pre-match last Sunday when the place erupted when Celtic got beat. We then went on to produce a terrific performance and we skipped out of Ibrox. Today and this weekend, the reverse has happened.

But it's still early and we are not adrift. We cannot panic. The progress we have made under Gerrards stewardship cannot be understated. Him and the players need our continued support. Sucker punches happen. Motherwell and Aberdeen were sickeners. Today was a case of the team not turning up. All of them.

As the manager says, we deserved all we got today which was nothing. He has faced up to it and will acknowledge his team selection for this fixture was wrong. Was perhaps a day for the likes of Halliday and McCrorie.

Step back and realise we are only 2 points behind the Vermin after winning 3 of 7. We have Hearts at Ibrox coming up in a must win game. And we have Rapid Vienna visiting Ibrox on Thursday. In a Europa league GROUP match. Think about that and chill the fuck out.

We're 8 fucking points adrift after on 7 games.

It's also another away game, and another bad performance.

2 points behind the tramps, big wow, we're 8 points off the top.

2 off the filth is much relevant than 8 off the top.

Hearts, Hibs, etc will be nowhere near #1 come the end of the season.

Hearts have a really tough October that could see them get pegged back and fall off the top - we need to beat them next week to get that ball rolling.

Yeah people got carried away. The main problem being that fans think we are world beaters.
News flash!! We are not, we are a decent team in a shit league.
We have punched above our weight in Europe and we should be delighted with that.
We are inconsistent and a young team still trying to gel.
Shit happens, there will be more bad days this season

We have every right to have our knickers in a Twist .. our away form is concerning , %^*& what other Teams are doing and where we are in the league , right now our points total for this season is diabolical.

Let’s face it, if it wasn’t for the fact the mentally challengeds have started so badly in the league then Gerrard would be getting absolutely slaughtered.

We’ve been poor in the league and that simply should not be brushed aside as “bad luck”.

Don’t agree at all it is very clear that we have a problem away from Ibrox, the manager has to shoulder the blame, his tactics and team selection have been shocking, not just today but bar Aberdeen in all our away league games, he has to find a way to win games like today’s.

2 off the filth is much relevant than 8 off the top.

Hearts, Hibs, etc will be nowhere near #1 come the end of the season.

Hearts have a really tough October that could see them get pegged back and fall off the top - we need to beat them next week to get that ball rolling.

Says who? Have you got a crystal ball telling you that?

Hearts are currently the pace setters. We are nowhere near them.

Hearts have a tough October that could see them pull further ahead.

Let’s face it, if it wasn’t for the fact the mentally challengeds have started so badly in the league then Gerrard would be getting absolutely slaughtered.

We’ve been poor in the league and that simply should not be brushed aside as “bad luck”.
Absolutely we are 8 points behind Hearts and sit 6th in the league, our league form is totally unacceptable.

Can we stop with this drying knickers pish, fans are entitled to be pissed off losing to Livingston.

Is it a disaster ? of course not but the away form has to change.
Wouldn't be follow follow without the hyperbole, from both sides of the fence:D

I agree though ,the shouting down of any form of debate or opinion on here is beyond a joke at times.

Kills the board, in fact.

A refreshing bit of sense in amongst total panty wetting.

All of us can see today was utter pish, but we’re clearly on the right path.

What was on the right path about that performance today? I didn’t see one single positive.

Can we stop with this drying knickers pish, fans are entitled to be pissed off losing to Livingston.

Is it a disaster ? of course not but the away form has to change.

Of course we're pissed off. But as always the outcry is a massive overreaction.

We played well at Aberdeen. Ran out of steam after a horrendous refereeing decision.

Same can be said for Motherwell.

Shat it at the Piggery. That will be addressed. Today was just a severely disappointing performance from everyone. It happens. Rangers have no divine right to win football matches and this squad do not deserve the level of criticism they are getting.

Nor does the manager who has proven he knows how to learn from mistakes.

So Untwist yer knickers!

The same applies to the people who are losing the plot. Unless they have a crystal ball, then losing today is a setback, rather than a full blown catastrophe.

Just as well there’s another 31 games to go. Might want to think about that before being a hysterical child about it.

Good thing our next game isn't against the unbeaten league leaders. And then away on a plastic pitch after that. We're good at playing away.

Today wasn't good enough, it's as simple as that.

Gerrard isn't going to get everything spot on from day one with a new squad and we can't expect everything to be perfect. You can't win every game, but when a negative trend starts to form it's his job to rectify it and will be held accountable for it – we're struggling away from home in Scotland and he needs to sort it out pronto.

The first two steps for me are:

Katic & Goldson always.
Morelos or Laff up front, not both.

2 points out of 12 away is shocking and the manager deserves all the criticism as long as kept civil.

Today was howling but:

- We more than deserved all 3 points at the Sheep after having to play with 10 for 70 odd minutes and would have got them were it not for the last minute goal.
- We weren't great at Motherwell but again a last minute goal cost us.
- We were rubbish at the peadodome but we had just came back from the arse end of Russia after having to play with 9.

2 out of 12 looks horrendous but put it in context.

Also worth pointing out:

- We won away at Kilmarnock in the league cup
- We've played 5 away games in Europe and not lost one.

So whilst I acknowledge we (obviously) need to start picking up more points in away League games I don't subscribe to this narrative we're shite away from home.

I agree though ,the shouting down of any form of debate or opinion on here is beyond a joke at times.

We are either terrific or garbage, there is no inbetween. In reality we are mediocre; either mediocre bordering on decent or mediocre bordering on poor.

On reflection Livi will cause problems and not drop many points at home. Still an unacceptable result though! They beat Hivs and drew at Tynecastle. They play to their strengths, but we were nowhere near good enough. We need to sort our away form!
Agree with opening poster,but your spot on,livi. will cost teams points,that's us,Hibs and a draw against Killie,won2away games 1-0i think and beat buy them in the opening day of the season!as much as we sSHOULD be tanking the arse off them it's a dreadful result it's not the end of the world,once again too many bears expecting a bit too much, this season's going to be a rollercoaster one,listening to the boss he's hurting as much as us,and I have faith he will sort it!On a lighter note maybe stop them coming in on there day off LOl

We are a club that can never settle for second and never shrug off defeat.

Today isn't the first abject away performance, although it was the worst one.

The day our fans aren't angry after watching that is the day I really worry. The manager and players will enjoy the adulation when they play well and win. So they need to see how unacceptable we treat displays like today.

Bottom line is in the league so far has not been good enough. They need to know today has to be the last time we feel so totally let down.

We're 8 fucking points adrift after on 7 games.

Hearts will be reigned in. You know that and I know that.

We have to make sure that when inevitably the scum draw them in that we are doing the same and are on their coattails.

We are 7 games in and within 2 of the scum. The team who if we finish above then we win the league.

Couldnt agree more.

Cant stand the pantie wetter/drama queen patter.

So predictable.

No one expects us to win every game however that was an utterly shite performance today and we are entitled to say so.

Its perfectly possible to lament a shit performance while at the same time be prepared to give the team and manager our full backing in the next game.

Today was howling but:

- We more than deserved all 3 points at the Sheep after having to play with 10 for 70 odd minutes and would have got them were it not for the last minute goal.
- We weren't great at Motherwell but again a last minute goal cost.
- We were rubbish at the peadodome but we had just came back from the arse end of Russia after having to play with 9.

2 out of 12 looks horrendous but put it in context.

Also worth pointing out:

- We won away at Kilmarnock in the league cup
- We've played 5 away games in Europe and not lost won.

So whilst I acknowledge we (obviously) need to start picking up more points in away League games I don't subscribe to this narrative we're shite away from home.

You’re spot on, but people aren’t interested in context when it’s an opportunity to have a go and behave like a wean.

You don't think there's a chance we could lose both? Play like Motherwell/Today and we will.

There’s a chance you can lose every football match. There’s a chance you could win. There’s a chance you could draw.

That should cover it all.

Beat Hearts next week and we will be winning the league again in the eyes of so many fans who today think our seasons over. A poor performance today it was but we need to realise this is still early days for team and management and will make mistakes. No need to panic.

Hearts will be reigned in. You know that and I know that.

We have to make sure that when inevitably the scum draw them in that we are doing the same and are on their coattails.

We are 7 games in and within 2 of the scum. The team who if we finish above then we win the league.

I don't know Hearts will be reigned in. I heard that the whole Championship season. It's pure arrogance.

Says me obviously.

Tell you what - We'll see where Hearts are in a month's time mate - but if you think after 3 away games (including trips to us and the filth) and games against the Sheep and Hibs - that Hearts will be further out infront, I'm quite confident in predicting you'll be very wrong about that.

You’re spot on, but people aren’t interested in context when it’s an opportunity to have a go and behave like a wean.

Sure, Europa, sending off etc certainly haven't helped. But at times you just run out of excuses. I still have no idea if these are legitimate excuses, or just excuses.

Keep up the sensible posts, we’ll be fine.

Today’s result is bad but should be lose next week to hearts then that’s a disaster. For me next weeks game is now a must win.

We are either terrific or garbage, there is no inbetween. In reality we are mediocre; either mediocre bordering on decent or mediocre bordering on poor.
Probably about right at this moment in time .

Gerrard will get it right , in my opinion, but he needs to learn fast .

As most have said , probably another couple of transfer windows required before we are anything like what we want to be .

Back