Time For Gerrard To Be Ruthless now

Assuming all existing squad stay: we need an upgrade creative midfielder. We also need an upgrade at CH. Balogan is out of his depth at that be at level as both bookings showed last night.

Hellander is also out of his depth against any team with pace. We need a new CH.

In midfield we need creativity. Arfield spent last night charging around like an elephant in the first day of mating season. No where near good enough for that level if football.

For me that is all we are short. Two players.
Katic may be back. The question is could he be better than balogun or helander?

A lot of his tackling is last ditch which is a byproduct of poor positioning. Yes they look good but if his positioning is better he doesn’t need to dive in

He’s good at carrying the ball but his passing isn’t that good and his crossing is poor. Honestly, watch the game again, our players are reluctant to pass to him at times - if it’s tav, the players drill balls into him and the whole team plays at a higher tempo

He’s 19 and is one for the future but as it stands now I don’t think he’s good enough to be our second choice right back
Paolo Maldini "If I have to make a tackle, then I have already made a mistake".

A lot of his tackling is last ditch which is a byproduct of poor positioning. Yes they look good but if his positioning is better he doesn’t need to dive in

He’s good at carrying the ball but his passing isn’t that good and his crossing is poor. Honestly, watch the game again, our players are reluctant to pass to him at times - if it’s tav, the players drill balls into him and the whole team plays at a higher tempo

He’s 19 and is one for the future but as it stands now I don’t think he’s good enough to be our second choice right back
How do you think patterson did yesterday mate, when he came on?

I think we need a mini shakeup for the rest of the season. It’s not a criticism, but we’ve been flat recently and can barely put two good halves of football together.

The totally unavoidable drop off from eventually getting 55, the celebrations, the big gaps in between games, injuries and a lot of players nearing 50 games or so.

I think we’ll start to see a bit more of Itten, Wright and Defoe, maybe Arfield starting a few more to get his match sharpness back.

If we want to play in the Champions lge and want fans to pay big money for tickets and sponsors to pay we need the quality on the park to match. I think we have some players who can make the step up if they are surrounded with better quality.

How do you think patterson did yesterday mate, when he came on?

Looked a lot better than he has done, still a few times I felt his positioning looks way off but I realise he’s 19

Obviously improve with experience but if he’s to get an extended run of games, fans need to be realistic about his ability

Our biggest weakness this season has been our sloppiness in stopping crosses coming into the box, that's where the majority of the goals conceded have come from. If we're a bit more aggressive in this area our goals conceded figure would be even more remarkably lower.
We could do with a solution to our RW problem, we don't have someone with the same output as Kent.
I'd like to see 1 or 2 CMs come in, we've no idea what level Ofoborh will play at, most likely he'll be cover.

Anything between 3/5 quality additions.

Priority areas have to be a right sided box to box midfielder with serious quality.

Possible a long term replacement for Davis although not a major priority as it stands.

A right sided forward like Kent but with a goal threat.

Another dynamic number 10 cover for Kent.

A striker with pace especially if Defoe leaves possibly Sakala ?

Goalkeeping department we are sorted.

Defensively I think we are more than good plenty of cover although wouldn't be surprised to see a left back come in.

Obviously the above depends on budget and possibly outgoings but any big money sells can more than cover our expenditure imo.

I also think we will see another mini clear out of our squad.

Zungu will go back to Amiens.

Katic will go out on loan I think.

McCrorie and Murphy will finally be off the wage bill.

In terms of departures Edmundson, Mayo, Barjonas, Barker, Jones, Stewart, Middleton, Defoe.

Plenty of room for a few quality additions we have to strengthen and look to improve that's imperative especially if we want to defend our league title and try and get to the Champions League.

This is correct. Celtc have absolutely fked themselves by getting carried away with their success and not looking to the future. Pretty much all of their assets will go for less than they should because they’ve let contracts run down.

I adore Borna, I think he’s been the best LB we’ve had since Numan but it might be the time to cash in. Fredo is a figurehead for us but we might get offers we need to take. I’d push the boat out and get Goldson on a longer deal, he’s now a proper Rangers CB and leader.

Alex Ferguson’s greatest skill was rebuilding year on year. We need to to this and be even better next year. We’ve got the infrastructure to make us a real champions league team next year.
I bet you Ferguson would punt Goldson and look for an upgrade. Look at the euros goals against. Too many and soft ones at that. Goldson has been great, really good but we have to kick on.

Back