Time Wasting tactics

dougieblue

Anybody who was at the game today seen first hand that they were wasting time at every opportunity either with their players with kiddie on cramp or Willie Collum just being a prick and helping to break up the play.

In my long time watching Rangers against them over 60 years I can honestly say I have never seen Rangers being so blatant in wasting time that the scum were today.

They are truly scum of the earth.

There were several minutes that weren’t added on. Got caught a couple of times when they feigned injury only for the ref to wave play on and the ‘injured’ player jumped back to their feet instantly.

It’s Scotland, it’s corrupt so of course they are going to use every dirty trick in the book knowing they will gain from it.

Joe Hart was wasting time in the 2nd minute of the game.

Their tactics today was akin to St Mirren or Motherwell coming to Ibrox.

2nd half was ridiculous. Every single time we tried to get the ball back in play quickly they went down "injured"

Their cynical fouling or attempt to foul at every counter was palpable as well.

Anybody who was at the game today seen first hand that they were wasting time at every opportunity either with their players with kiddie on cramp or Willie Collum just being a prick and helping to break up the play.

In my long time watching Rangers against them over 60 years I can honestly say I have never seen Rangers being so blatant in wasting time that the scum were today.

Maybe we should have done that against Ross County and Hearts and we'd not be six points behind.

Their player went down with cramp for a minute in xtra time. Willie played 5 seconds on top of the expected 5 minutes
Three of them went down feigning injury in last 30mins and there was around 8 subs between both teams used yet we only got 5mins and 5 secs wtf!!!!

I counted 4 times their players went doon second half, would love to watch a game with a stopwatch and stop it every time it goes out. Was it Fergie who had his own watch timer, I'm sure the 4th official tells the ref how much added time. Scottish football needs a major overhaul from the top to the bottom. Var, full time refs. The status Quo won't work

Every team does it, us included.
I can’t remember a player getting cramp and if I’m honest, I think only McGregor wastes time.
One other thing, because we do it, doesn’t make it right.
Also, if and when the clock is stopped when the ball is out of play, it’ll be a net gain for us.

The number of supposed injuries, cramps, etc. in the last twenty minutes caused me to comment that they would do as they did in the League Cup final. Just surprised that there weren’t more of them joined in.

Maybe as was pointed out to me if the Rangers players had the desire and effort asmuch as that mob then they would have gone down with cramp

If only our players had half their desire to win and ability to actually manage a game. Maybe then we’d be top of the table.
Yup, them using the dark arts (something our weak willed lot rarely do) is the least of our worries.

We are just mentally weak when the crunch comes in front of folk

It’s a dark art of the game and I’d love to see our players put themselves in the position of being able to employ them against Celtic.

We’ve all lapped it up when McGregor puts on a bit of this when receiving the ball - it’s silly to complain too much about it when we celebrate our players being at it.

Aberdeen do this to us a lot. Dive to the ground at any opportunity to try and win a foul or take an age to gather the ball back when it's out of play etc.

We've got to be better, stronger and smarter ourselves.

Hate to say it but it's another thing we are utterly hopeless with. Players dropping with fake injuries is a common thing at most clubs. It kills the momentum when a team are under pressure. During our first half mauling at the Piggery I was screaming for one of our players to go down.
Not once did any of them have the brain capacity to do it.

They scored two goals in the first half and spent at least a minute each time getting back to restart, then there was one lengthy injury - time added on - bhugger all. Of course the ball was at their end of the pitch when Collum blew.

As for their big centre forward, he went down quicker (and more often) than a ten dollar whore. There were that many casualties on the pitch, I thought it was the a re-enactment of the Russian army.
Collum let it all go, he is a cheat and always has been - it is just that he's more devious and subtle than the other blatant bigots.
Having said that, we can't blame him for the result. There were many factors decided that and Collum was only one of them.

No point crying about it when we do it too. We have the master at time wasting in McGregor, he even went down with cramp last season! Who has ever seen a keeper get cramp?

Hate to say it but there game management yesterday made us look naive, there 3 forwards making fouls in our own half to stop play whenever they could.When we we had any momentum they would feign injury and get the game stopped.Taylor new he was been subbed so hits the deck gets fake treatment and hobbles off.

I would have no problems whatsoever with our team employing the dark arts when required, it’s happened as long as football has been played.

Yes, but McGregor gets booked. Hart was taking the piss today, and Collum had no intention of booking him.
All time wasting was encouraged by collum. McGregor walking away with the ball in his hands when we had free kicks at least twice was laughed at by collum. Making us take throw in from exact place while letting them steal yards each throw just added to his sneeky way if helping them at every opportunity.

Their player went down with cramp for a minute in xtra time. Willie played 5 seconds on top of the expected 5 minutes
The irony being their players looked a lot fitter and sharper than our players whose looked leggy and slow yesterday.
Clear cheating from them and Collum enabled it.

The irony being their players looked a lot fitter and sharper than our players whose looked leggy and slow yesterday.
Clear cheating from them and Collum enabled it.
They were that fit in the second half they wasted time going down time and time against to get some breath back and break up our team which was all over them.

If our players hadn’t completely shat the bed and gifted them a 2-1 lead they wouldn’t have had the opportunity to time waste.

We could have had an extra 40 minutes and not scored. What was the bigger problem, was the fanny who decided to throw glass onto the pitch which held the second half up longer than any prick wasting time

Time wasting should be the next thing that UEFA clampdown on. Especially when goalkeepers are involved. Would love to understand what it takes for a goalkeeper to actually get booked.

If we'd managed the game properly then the time wasting would have been irrelevant.

The fact this is even being mentioned is rather embarrassing. Need to look at ourselves instead of finding excuses.

I believe that it's about what you do with the ball first and foremost.
Timewasting then becomes irrelevant as the time is the same for both sides and is used as a desperate excuse.

Our players should be into Collums face shouting and angry at the tactics by bheast fc! But nothing rolled over whimperish yet again. It’s about time we signed players with guts and ballz. :mad::mad:

Back