To the point; is he going today or not?

Indeed- could also simply mean there will be no more experiments

hopefully, we can't afford more gambles. would also remove the 'committee' pish and remove G Park from the process completely

If we go down the route I think we will, then it will get us back on track.

Am I the only one who thinks handing Dolly £1m for their manager and then another £500,000 at him in wages is a mental decision ?

£1.5m that could go towards a top class appointment. Someone above McInnes level
Nope. It would be a horrific decision, but let's be honest does anyone expect the board to come up with anything better? I don't.

Reading between the lines about the problems at Auchenhowie, and knowing what we know about the way he treats professionals like MOH, Barrie McKay, Kenny Miller etc then a lot of disharmony is being created as he stomps his feet around the place.

We all know an unhappy camp does not make for a winning side, remember back to our UEFA final run? our players were all bloody good mates and worked their socks off for us, the manager and each other.

It seems to me that the root of all issues is Pedros approach to man management, never mind footballing tactics and football in general, this is a Management issue. That fact that he is pish at the football part of his job also sucks btw.

I hope the next time we see him is as he leaves Argyle House with his solicitor as they try and negotiate his settlement.

Got a feeling he will stay until we canm find a replacement

Cracking points for me there is only one man I would consider safe.

Any other appointment is a gamble.

Agreed. Let's cut to the chase. Walter means safe. That's it.

Everything else is a gamble. Including British managers like Michael O'Neill, Pardew or Allardyce.

What happens if we appoint for talking sake Tommy Wright and he's out of his depth at our club ? People assured us he was safe!

Can’t be spoken too, can’t be reasoned with, even players you would think are on his side alledgedly aren’t - squad struggling in training, players worried about fitness & asking for different routines only to be ignored
Players actively want him out & have went above his head to report issues
Staff pointing out issues only to be ignored

Very arrogant, my way or the high way

Important to realise that whilst we are losing/not winning the ‘rumours’ are rife

So I look at it as being somewhere in between to be honest

But put it this way, the knives are out for him

Again it’s gossip & I’m only passing on what is being relayed to me but I would say it’s imperative the board move quickly & end this farce

If that's the case, he needs removed - immediately.

Hearts are utterly dire, but as it stands, we're losing at Murrayfield.

Am I the only one who thinks handing Dolly £1m for their manager and then another £500,000 at him in wages is a mental decision ?

£1.5m that could go towards a top class appointment. Someone above McInnes level

Plus, would he bother coming in at this stage now. I mean if he knew we were looking to plug a gap between now and May why wouldn't he wait until then if he wanted to come. He could take over this shambles and see himself sacked in the summer before he got a chance to get going.

Sadly i think everything points to a Mcleish, Murty or Miller.

People saying we don’t have the money to compensate Pedro. How do you know this?

Considering he’s a complete unknown are there no payoff clauses in his contract if it’s not working or is there even such a thing?

ID10

Who would your guess be for the safe appointment?

Personally I think it's a stick on McLeish and Rae will be in initially to the end of the season.

The one thing Pedro won’t do is quit, the board don’t have any excuses to get rid as in Warburton’s case, at least he was looking to get away, where would Pedro go no one wants him.

I'll be honest the one thing jumping out from ID10's post is 'safe appointment'

Who defines safe ?

Are McInnes and Wright safe ? Why is it safe to assume that two guys at provincial clubs could make the jump ?

McLeish ? 10 years of utter mediocrity since the Scotland job is not safe.

Or does safe simply mean British in this instance ?

I’ve said it before but my gut has thought for some time now that when Pedro finally went it would be Eck.

I can’t shake that feeling.

I als believe he didn’t want the role on an interim basis last time, so I can only see him being a permanent appointment.

I think he’s King’s preference and that’s who will get it.

McInnes is not a safe name. He’s as big a gamble as anyone. Never done anything at a high level and nothing to suggest he has what it takes to handle the pressures and scale of the Rangers job.

FFS Souness was talking about it the other day and saying it’s a thousand times harder as a job than when he had it. Do we honestly think McInnes has shown anything to suggest he can take that on?

Alex McLeish is not a safe appointment.

100% bang on.

If someone wants to tell me what Eck has done since since 2007 that defines safe them I'm all ears.

All I see is a man mired in utter mediocrity

If Pedro goes and the best this board can come up with is Alex McLeish then they have failed every single one of us.

No i dont think he will be.

Also if/when he does go the thought of McLeish as possible replacement is utterly, utterly depressing.

Does Billy Davies become a ' safe ' candidate ?

I'm not saying he should be, I'm merely asking the question.

Walter smith should be pleaded to come back. I'd take him and keep JJ as his assistant. Quite simply we are in the mire and have wasted 2 years already. Let's get back to challenging for titles and cups.

I don’t think they will let him go today.

Should they’re another debate entirely.

We didn't sack Walter.

Walter was sacked, he is on record himself as saying that he was indeed sacked.

He was allowed to stay on until the end of the season but his services were no longer required and a new manager was being brought in, in short - he was sacked.

Another aspect of this is the DoF.

How does his role square with this moving forward? Does he still have the level of input he needs to effectively conduct his role regarding overall infrastructure?

He’s not there to be a glorified Chief Scout.

Does a safe appointment the likes of McLeish come in and adopt a DoF’s strategy or use his own approach to stabilise things and play the way he thinks will get us results?

100% bang on.

If someone wants to tell me what Eck has done since since 2007 that defines safe them I'm all ears.

All I see is a man mired in utter mediocrity

If Pedro goes and the best this board can come up with is Alex McLeish then they have failed every single one of us.

You mean his 6 months with Genk in 2014, or 3 months in Egypt last year don't fill you with confidence? What about the 3 months with Nottingham Forest before that?

There should be a press conference today as usual if he takes it he's staying if not...

Safe appointment - Smith, McLeish, McInnes.

Less safe BUT know the club etc - Miller, Ferguson, McCulloch etc

Is this what we are looking at? I can't see anyone without a connection to the club being brought in as a safe pair of hands. It was widely reported that King favoured McLeish last time.

Another aspect of this is the DoF.

How does his role square with this moving forward? Does he still have the level of input he needs to effectively conduct his role regarding overall infrastructure?

He’s not there to be a glorified Chief Scout.

Does a safe appointment the likes of McLeish come in and adopt a DoF’s strategy or use his own approach to stabilise things and play the way he thinks will get us results?

I'm cynical about the Allen appointment. I expect him to leave not long after Caixinha - 'challenges down south...club refreshing its infrastructure....laid groundwork behind the scenes...thank him for his efforts' - and then no-one else appointed to replace him.

Just my feeling.

Surely McInnes and his agent would be clever and have a release clause that would benefit him and not just Aberdeen? He would know that forking out a million quid compo would put a lot of clubs off.

Can we stop running back to our Da, Walter. He's done more than enough for our club and should allowed to enjoy his retirement.

Our club is sleepwalking into mediocrity right now. The last thing we need is a 'safe' appointment.

Our entire club needs shook from it's slumber.
Sleepwalking? We're full-on careering towards it. In fact, I'd say we already ARE mediocre at the moment. The issue is how quickly we can emerge from it.

As long as our aspirations are limited to trying to compete with a mediocre Aberdeen side, we are by definition mediocre. Or worse.

I'll be honest the one thing jumping out from ID10's post is 'safe appointment'

Who defines safe ?

Are McInnes and Wright safe ? Why is it safe to assume that two guys at provincial clubs could make the jump ?

McLeish ? 10 years of utter mediocrity since the Scotland job is not safe.

Or does safe simply mean British in this instance ?

My mate who was in Corporate for the last Old Firm game at Ibrox said he seen Eck taking notes etc during the game. Eck would strike the fear of god into me, he really would. He would be better than Pedro of that there is no doubt but Big Eck doesn't look the same person to me these days on the tele etc. He doesn't look the full shilling and I don't mean that in a bad way at all.

My mate who was in Corporate for the last Old Firm game at Ibrox said he seen Eck taking notes etc during the game. Eck would strike the fear of god into me, he really would. He would be better than Pedro of that there is no doubt but Big Eck doesn't look the same person to me these days on the tele etc. He doesn't look the full shilling and I don't mean that in a bad way at all.

You're not the first person to say that about McLeish in terms of his health to me.

He does not look well in the slightest. His speech seems a helluva lot slower than it did with us.

I've read this before but he seemed fine last time I saw him on TV. Maybe less energy than he had 15-20 years ago but most people do. Alex Ferguson has spoken about the challenge of managing in a different way as you get older.

I don't want McLeish back, mind you.

Safe appointment - Smith, McLeish, McInnes.

Less safe BUT know the club etc - Miller, Ferguson, McCulloch etc

Is this what we are looking at? I can't see anyone without a connection to the club being brought in as a safe pair of hands. It was widely reported that King favoured McLeish last time.

What!? I don't even know how to respond to that.

The ‘safe’ appointment to me means Walter, there’s not another safe alternative.

I have absolutely no idea where I think we should go from here if I’m honest.

No chance, will still be Pedro - Gers don't have the money to compensate Pedro and he isn't going to walk without being compensated as laid down in his contract.
While this may be true he can be put on gardening leave and Murty put in temporary charge, that doesn’t cost the club a penny extra and buys us time until probably the end of the season to work out who we really want.

Back