Tom Beahon: Castore Update

Grandson's strip damaged this morning when delivered from hermes.Castore has to address this.
Damaged how? malicious damage or faulty?
If its the first then take it all the way with Hermes as well

They are - that's standard in the T&Cs with any carrier. Unfortunately whether Hermes accept liability or not won't allow Castore to magic replacements out of thin air when all of the stock they have is already committed.

There isn't much Castore can do about that, other than take future business elsewhere.

Putting all the effort into getting tops made and distributed is wasted when some cretins vandalise the packages at the last minute.

Okay “Arkanoid” so explain why I ordered a home strip for my ten year old nephew on the first day of pre-order. Got an acknowledgement email when the order was made a month ago and since then no communication. Was clearly stated this would be received on the 1st August, a day late that’s fine, two days no real issue. Now five days on and it hasn’t even been dispatched and have heard nothing from them.
If you think taking orders constitutes “service” then that is up to you, I would expect more to be honest. Let’s add on top of that the stupidity of the branded packaging (which in Glasgow is an idiotic move) which has led to over 2000 of those lucky enough to have received theirs getting damaged goods.
You are right though the service has been different class.
It not seems that “Castore” have joined the list of topics on here that people are not allowed to speak the truth about or saying anything in the slightest bit negative about.
I'm in the same position mate. Pre ordered on the 1st of July and have received no communication since. As you say, I was happy to overlook a few days of a delay given the sheer volume of kit they're trying to distribute.....but we're now on the 5th of Aug. I'm still unclear whether the blame and shortcomings are Castores or the delivery companies? Maybe both. Anyway.....I'm just still delighted we've got rid of the fat man.

The rubber ducks are coming!:)):)):))

EDIT: For those who haven't listened. or are unable to, the interview was conducted on Monday 3 Aug so no real in depth coverage of delivery issues other than to confirm folk could expect to start receiving them that day. They've had to charter aircraft to get stock flown into the UK and they've been working flat-out overtime.
Will there be a variety of duck or just one solitary duck?

On a serious note (although I do want an answer to the above)
I feel for folk who haven’t had kit that pre ordered (especially kids)
some of the stuff from Castore has been top end (the quality of product, the reveal video etc) this will be a learning curve for them, they were hamstrung to a degree by previous contract and then of course covid disrupts everything as well.

Personally I’d rate it 7/10 just now from my experience and interactions

Come on. . It happens with everything that anyone manufactures. Be it cars, TV's, trainers. There is and always will be a level of quality fallout.
You measure that quality fallout against the volume shipped. It will never be 100% perfect. Nobody expects 100%. You'll be looking at 0.2% or thereabouts with a quality issue of some description.
Your just one of the unlucky 0.2% unfortunately.

I must be lucky with the other premium brands I buy whether thats Lacoste, Apple or Samsung that I always seem to fall in to the 99.8%.

There seems to be quite a few people unhappy with the quality of the product for it to be as low as 0.2%.

Grandson's strip damaged this morning when delivered from hermes.Castore has to address this.

Keep the packaging and take plenty of photos of the damage/faults.

If it has been maliciously damaged then complain direct to Hermes whilst cc'ing Castore into emails.

I must be lucky with the other premium brands I buy whether thats Lacoste, Apple or Samsung that I always seem to fall in to the 99.8%.

There seems to be quite a few people unhappy with the quality of the product for it to be as low as 0.2%.
Most of us will be in the 99.8%.
With Lacoste/Apple/Samsung....
I can guarantee you the small quality issues will also be there. When your on a forum talking about it, it just seems like more.
1% of 50,000 is 500. We are not hearing that.
0.2% is 100, have we 100 people with something wrong? Or does it just feel like a lot because a forum is talking and highlighting?

I received an email from Castore informing me that my order was damaged on handover to their courier.

This highlights that the issue isn't at the delivery stage, so I don't think this is a number of drivers who are sabotaging the goods.

What I'm unsure of is whether this is damaged by the company handing over to Hermes, or Hermes damaging it upon delivery.

It's also not confirmed if this is a deliberate act or not.

Regardless, their will be accountability somewhere and that party should be liable for any financial implications. This will not cost our club.

Most of us will be in the 99.8%.
With Lacoste/Apple/Samsung....
I can guarantee you the small quality issues will also be there. When your on a forum talking about it, it just seems like more.
1% of 50,000 is 500. We are not hearing that.
0.2% is 100, have we 100 people with something wrong? Or does it just feel like a lot because a forum is talking and highlighting?

If you have 49,900 satisfied people and 100 unsatisfied by the law of averages you would have to wade through a lot of happy posts to find the unhappy ones.

I think when everyone looks at this with calm heads and time passes they will realise in the grand scheme of things waiting a few days extra for tops isn’t the end of the world

Plently of learnings to come for Castore/Rangers though from this and I’m confident going forward it will improve

Should they have offered next day delivery at a premium price when they obviously can’t keep up with the demand to deliver that on time - no

In hindsight should they have packaged them in Rangers branded packaging - no (although it’s a shame they can’t, everyone buzzing for a nice new Rangers parcel arriving

Has the comms for a lot of people’s orders been poor - yes (mines included, ordered Sat and nothing expect a mail sayings they received my order even though I paid for next day delivery)

Should the pre-order strips have been sent first - yes, otherwise what was the point

As I said a few learnings but they’ll get there and listening to that interview they expected unbelievable volume but by sounds of this we’ve even gone and exceeded that

Will there be any more womens stuff added at all? I love their stuff and have a few t shirts but such a limited selection even on their direct website.

I don't mean a direct copy of everything just a wee bit more than already available.

If there's one thing I've learned living in Fuerteventura is patience, we were getting a new front door for the house which the shop said they'll come on the 16th waited all day then phoned up only to be told we didn't actually mean the 16th we meant somewhere around the 16th they managed it on the 27th. Now that's service (out here)

I'm happy. :)) I pre-ordered my home top and received it on Satuday. So in reality I'm really, really happy. :)):)):)):))

Who knows where mine is. Can’t get through to Hermes so will just wait I guess. Not in a rush to get it tbf.

Mine is at my local depot and due for delivery tomorrow

Hopefully the same driver as my cousin who had a nice wee WATP written on his "you weren't home" leaflet

What would you have asked him if you had the change.

Within reason and without the Glasgow hardman know it all edges. :)

This has been an indifferent start for Castore this season. Delivery delays, quality issues, etc.

However, as a first attempt I don’t see this as a significant issue so I’m more keen to ask about next years launch.....

What assures can Castore give that there will be a design and full stock in place for a relatively seamless and normalised kit launch in the summer of 2021?
There’s no legacy contracts (so we’re told), and taking the assumption of Covid not being such a major issue next year - there can be zero excuses for a design finalised Feb 2021, production started March 2021 and every store and warehouse fully stocked by a typical launch in July. From infant kits, to kids travel jackets to the adult leisure wear plus all the official kits (sponsored and limited edition unsponsored)

People keep saying Hermes are the issue here but I didn’t give my £120 to Hermes. If Castore were happy to take my money then they should at least keep me updated on my order status. I’ve no idea what’s going on and haven’t had reply to my email.

if it’s been damaged in the hands of Hermes tell me. Right now as far as I know Castore have done nothing with my order as I have no update since I handed money over

It’s mentally challengeds that are the issue.

Like the rats they are, they get into various courier firms. It’s not exclusive to one firm.
It's another (and new) area where the non Rangers minded can attack the Club, the fans & the brand.

We should have zero tolerance with it & go after everyone involved. I don't care how minor the crime is - I fully expect the Club to insist that Castore insist that Hermes involve the police & that dismissals and convictions are sought.

This has been an indifferent start for Castore this season. Delivery delays, quality issues, etc.

However, as a first attempt I don’t see this as a significant issue so I’m more keen to ask about next years launch.....

All during a lockdown when Castore themselves admitted production facilities overseas had been closed or severely hampered.

Some people on this board need a reality check & to stop behaving like spoilt kids.

All during a lockdown when Castore themselves admitted production facilities overseas had been closed or severely hampered.

Some people on this board need a reality check & to stop behaving like spoilt kids.

Exactly..... so back to my question for Castore - what are they going to do to ensure we have a seamless/normalised launch next year.

Year on year we have a shambolic launch. This year is understandable to an extent for obvious reasons. Hence why I’m saying - forget this year. What about next year?

Exactly..... so back to my question for Castore - what are they going to do to ensure we have a seamless/normalised launch next year.

Year on year we have a shambolic launch. This year is understandable to an extent for obvious reasons. Hence why I’m saying - forget this year. What about next year?

It’s hardly been a “shambolic launch”. I guess it’s the modern need for hyperbole and drama.

There have been issues, which shouldn’t be a surprise. It’s unfortunate and disappointing for those affected.

Probably hope there’s isn’t a worldwide pandemic and not send items out in Rangers packaging.

It’s hardly been a “shambolic launch”. I guess it’s the modern need for hyperbole and drama.

There have been issues, which shouldn’t be a surprise. It’s unfortunate and disappointing for those affected.

I wasn’t necessarily referring to this as being a shambolic launch.

Basicslly if the end game is to get strips launched before the season starts, and get them popping through letter boxes when they said the would, and the limited pre-sale orders being delivered before joe Bloggs can buy it on the high-street..... what does it take to make that happen next year.
This year has been unusual but I’m sure Castore will also have learned lessons. That’s fine and welcoming. Onwards and upwards is the idea.

Also..... there’s plenty of teams/kit manufacturers who don’t seem to have been impacted quite as much by Covid. PSG, Chelsea, Spurs, Bayern etc strips have been out of a few weeks.

I guess my question is - how do Castore get themselves to that level. (.....and I’m sure Castore are asking themselves the same thing assuming they are ambitious as the say they are)

Being good is perfectly fine. But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to be great. I’ve no doubt that that’s exactly the thoughts running through Tom’s mind. “Better never stops” is the strap line used.

Got an email on 2/8 to say some strips were on their way to my son in Australia. Thought I would check the shipment reference number today and DHL do not know the reference quoted.

Back