Tom Beahon: Castore Update

Also..... there’s plenty of teams/kit manufacturers who don’t seem to have been impacted quite as much by Covid. PSG, Chelsea, Spurs, Bayern etc strips have been out of a few weeks.

I guess my question is - how do Castore get themselves to that level. (.....and I’m sure Castore are asking themselves the same thing assuming they are ambitious as the say they are)

Being good is perfectly fine. But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to be great. I’ve no doubt that that’s exactly the thoughts running through Tom’s mind. “Better never stops” is the strap line used.

I’ll guess none of those clubs had a particularly malignant legacy issue - a contract that only ended on July 31st. We and Castore are working our way out of that.

I’d also suggest there is not the same instant demand

Despite all of the talk beforehand, learning comes from experience.

The home strip is extremely similar to last years, I understand it’s a standard royal blue kit therefore the only variables are really the collar and the cuffs. Both of which are near identical to last seasons Hummel. When you are buying every season for kids you at least want to be buying something a bit different. The away is just a plain white strip, I do not understand the levels of excitement. I was just expecting a bit more.
It's a football strip not Milan fashion week. There is only so much you can do with a Royal blue t-shirt
or a white t-shirt for that matter, which in essence are what football strips are. As a matter of interest , which of our home strips from the past have done it for you?

I feel really bad for the people who haven’t had their pre orders for the home kit etc.....for what it’s worth, I ordered the away top straight after the match on Saturday and received it today in Devon, 3 workings days in all, and am delighted with it.......hope they are finally getting their act together

People keep saying Hermes are the issue here but I didn’t give my £120 to Hermes. If Castore were happy to take my money then they should at least keep me updated on my order status. I’ve no idea what’s going on and haven’t had reply to my email.

if it’s been damaged in the hands of Hermes tell me. Right now as far as I know Castore have done nothing with my order as I have no update since I handed money over

It's just folk making excuses. Same as how it was all "legal reasons" here on Friday/Saturday

It's not Hermes that dispatch the tops or send the dispatch emails.

It wasn't Hermes ( who deliver 1 million packages a day) who couldn't use a month lead time to make sure the orders were ready to go on the 31st

And it's not Hermes picking themselves are the courier after folk pay extra for RM

Got an email on 2/8 to say some strips were on their way to my son in Australia. Thought I would check the shipment reference number today and DHL do not know the reference quoted.

Same for me out here, absolutely no way to track what I've paid for.

Requested some feedback from the Concierge@ email address and still havent heard back

Not read every post but ordered the wee man a kit on Saturday morning from new online store has anyone received anything they ordered on Saturday?

Remember the old days when the standard Terms & Conditions stated up to 28 days from the date of sale for delivery? :)

People would have the shooters out now if that was still the case.
Hope santas on time this year or could be the biggest manhunt since bin laden.

Absolute joke so far

One of the first order numbers for new shirt. Still not arrived. Quick to take the money, but not supply the product. Emails, no reply constantly. Will be asking for a refund if ever they finally reply.

same, order number 5269, no strip, no update, no reply to any of my emails apart from an auto reply saying they will get back to me within 48 hours.

castore certainly talk the talk, unfortunately the delivery of their numerous sales pitches has been poor.

Not read every post but ordered the wee man a kit on Saturday morning from new online store has anyone received anything they ordered on Saturday?
Yes, I ordered away top for myself and my nephew on Saturday morning. Both arrived today.

My pre-ordered top also arrived on Monday, but my nephew still doesn't have his and no despatch email yet.

Still not received my top and it’s not even been dispatched. Order number is in the early 2000 and confirmation email has the time at 8:10am on the 1st July. Emailed and sent messages to their social media and I can’t get a response.

I pre ordered the shirt and paid for it a month in advance expecting to get it as soon as it’s released. Now people are getting the away top, just released at the weekend and my pre order is nowhere near getting delivered and they can’t provide an explanation.

If there’s a problem with the ones that haven’t been dispatched, then fair enough, these things happen. It’s the way they’ve gone silent that’s annoying me more than anything now.

Sorry if covered previously, but do we have a permanent link to the store on the official site ? I click ‘shop’ snd I see the Castore site but not the Gers stuff.

Sorry if covered previously, but do we have a permanent link to the store on the official site ? I click ‘shop’ snd I see the Castore site but not the Gers stuff.
If you click shop on the Rangers website now it takes you straight in to the castore Rangers shop.

When you go on Rangers website all short sleeved home kits are out of stock, surely this is either incorrect or an arse kicking is in order, revenue being missed

The home strip is extremely similar to last years, I understand it’s a standard royal blue kit therefore the only variables are really the collar and the cuffs. Both of which are near identical to last seasons Hummel. When you are buying every season for kids you at least want to be buying something a bit different. The away is just a plain white strip, I do not understand the levels of excitement. I was just expecting a bit more.
Got to agree there’s nothing new or original about them. Don’t dislike them but was hoping for something original

It's just folk making excuses. Same as how it was all "legal reasons" here on Friday/Saturday

It's not Hermes that dispatch the tops or send the dispatch emails.

It wasn't Hermes ( who deliver 1 million packages a day) who couldn't use a month lead time to make sure the orders were ready to go on the 31st

And it's not Hermes picking themselves are the courier after folk pay extra for RM
No....bit it is Hermes who have thrown a spanner in the works by damaging strips.

Select Shop then Castore. Once there, click on Rangers in the top menu bar.

EDIT: Wee update. Now you just need to go to the official site and click on Shop in the top menu bar and it takes you to the Castore Rangers Shop directly.

Last edited:
I ordered the rain jacket last night. Got the confirmation email but nothing about shipping yet? Got my home top no probs so hopefully there won’t be a mess with this one

In work so can't listen, anything about the mess of away tops arriving before pre-ordered home tops?
Mess?
If they sent out 25,000 ready kits, for example (I'm not up to speed on the numbers) and are printing, making, packing, prepping the other 25k.
If they are dealing with sabotage.
And have 25,000 away strips ready too.
Would you not expect them to be sent out?
I don't really see a mess.

Ready item ships before preordered item.
Hardly a catastrophe?

Ordered on the 1st fay the wee mans full strip, money took and hee haw received or any replies to e-mails. Doesn’t even look lime its been despatched order into four thousand odd was mine

Mess?
If they sent out 25,000 ready kits, for example (I'm not up to speed on the numbers) and are printing, making, packing, prepping the other 25k.
If they are dealing with sabotage.
And have 25,000 away strips ready too.
Would you not expect them to be sent out?
I don't really see a mess.

Ready item ships before preordered item.
Hardly a catastrophe?
I agree it’s not a catastrophe but from a customer service point of view, it’s not the best.

The pre orders sold out more or less on the day, so they had the entire month to get them ready and packaged for dispatch on the 1st August. It looks as though there’s a problem with some of the kids sizes and the ladies tops. I’m more annoyed at the way they’ve shut down their social media messaging and are refusing to answer a simple question. Some people paid hundreds of pounds a month in advance, I don’t think it’s too much to ask for an explanation on the delay.

Wee update. Now you just need to go to the official site ands click on Shop in the top menu bar and it takes you to the Castore Rangers Shop directly.

Did my pre order Ist July, and have just received notification 5 mins ago that the home tops X2 have been shipped and the away tops only ordered when released just recently X 2 have also been shipped to Australia.
Hopefully the DHL tracking will kick in soon but at least I know what is happening now, Just waiting on an email for the training gear getting shipped now, spent a fortune and happy.:))

I feel really bad for the people who haven’t had their pre orders for the home kit etc.....for what it’s worth, I ordered the away top straight after the match on Saturday and received it today in Devon, 3 workings days in all, and am delighted with it.......hope they are finally getting their act together

That's the thing that baffles me, I ordered one on on 1st July. Nothing. Yet people are ordering them now and getting them. I think by sat if I had nothing I will drop castore an email.

That's the thing that baffles me, I ordered one on on 1st July. Nothing. Yet people are ordering them now and getting them. I think by sat if I had nothing I will drop castore an email.
I definitely would......sorry to hear this, specially since I’ve nothing but good things to say on my service

Back