Tonight’s CL qualifiers - all comments in here

This all day long.

I want them in the Conference league being humiliated.

Also want the rest of the Scottish sides through aswell, make things a bit more interesting, though unlikely.

Would be ideal if St.Johnstone, Hibs and Aberdeen made the group stage of conference too and we had 5 teams playing group stage football. All the other small countries will have teams playing away. We cannot do it ourselves, especially with points being divided 5 ways this year

Is it a case of Emperor's New Clothes with Turnbull? I've honestly never seen it with him. So overrated by almost everyone.

How he got YPOTY last season I'll never know.

Can have a good game against the relegation fodder but invisible against any decent opposition.

Think this is a fair summary mate, no wonder Eddie Howe ran the other way. Ange strikes me as a guy that couldn’t believe his luck that a relatively well known European side offered him the post. Why wouldn’t he take it? But now that he’s here, without any of his own staff, he already looks depressed and more than aware of the scale of the job.
Looks like to me he isn't in full control of team/transfer matters think that's clear I mean there scrambling all over Europe/Russia/Japan for any kind of player there transfer policy is just bizarre.

Having Kennedy/Strachan forced onto him as his backroom team says it all for me.

The Danes are probably the worst team i've seen in a while,the first 90 mins looked like thet had just been thrown together having never seen a ball before then somehow turned into a team in extra time.As for Stewart fkn glorious hearing the hurt coming out of him,Hartson and Sutton,then Stewart coming out with they should have had Ange in back in March,ffs nobody had ever heard of the guy before they announced him as it was all about Eddie Howe.Long may the fun last.

Ideal scenario is they end up in the conference league group stages, playing the 6th best team in Azerbaijan on a Thursday night for a tenth of the revenue

It is quite incredible that he had all summer to prepare yet went into such an important game with 2 young lads at centre back, i dont know if someones injured or he missed out on a signing at the last minute but even so that is really really poor management. Hope he keeps doing it as its crazy even spfl teams will score a couple of times against that defence.

Looks like to me he isn't in full control of team/transfer matters think that's clear I mean there scrambling all over Europe/Russia/Japan for any kind of player there transfer policy is just bizarre.

Having Kennedy/Strachan forced onto him as his backroom team says it all for me.
Agree. Connected to the old regime, tainted by failure, instrumental in the death of Terry Munro. They should have gone at the end of the season. The fact that they’re still here is mental. Even Pedro brought his own staff.

The Danes are probably the worst team i've seen in a while,the first 90 mins looked like thet had just been thrown together having never seen a ball before then somehow turned into a team in extra time.As for Stewart fkn glorious hearing the hurt coming out of him,Hartson and Sutton,then Stewart coming out with they should have had Ange in back in March,ffs nobody had ever heard of the guy before they announced him as it was all about Eddie Howe.Long may the fun last.
Exactly! All their eggs were in the Eddie Howe basket and yet at no point did they actually tie him down to a contract. When he finally said “no thanks” they were weeks behind where they should have been. No one can make me believe they had a list of Howe at 1 and Ange at 2. Howe said no and suddenly they had to look for anyone else who was available.

T

Their ploy is to crash the coefficient so we don't get years and years of automatically qualifying as they know the game is up for them to win in Scotland. They could yet crash out of 3 euro tournaments before the end of August.
Didnt think of that one. It must be. I mean they must be trying to be this bad.

74-B320-A4-43-DD-4-D89-855-B-7071-E375-BAAE.jpg

Exactly! All their eggs were in the Eddie Howe basket and yet at no point did they actually tie him down to a contract. When he finally said “no thanks” they were weeks behind where they should have been. No one can make me believe they had a list of Howe at 1 and Ange at 2. Howe said no and suddenly they had to look for anyone else who was available.

this is it in a nutshell
Howe pissed them about when they should've said "sign by this date or we move on" & while you wait you draw up contingency plans

instead they waited while doing hee haw & when the bold Howe said no, they scrambled to find someone on the cheap

and on top of that - it appears that they waited for a coach in place to sign players, despite him having no say on who they sign

The tims are awful. One of the best defeats that happened to us was losing that League cup final to them as they thought no matter how bad fhey are they'll always beat us, despite that game being absolutely dominated by us.

Ever since then we've absolutely rammed them one after another and they've regressed to hilarious standards.
That’s actually a fair point.

Jablonec are clearly not a strong side, theyre not even a strong Czech Rep side.

However its pretty clear that if a team can be reasonably organised defensively and is able to muster an attack or two, theyve got a chance. Id expect Jabloncec will be looking at last night and fancying their chances a little bit.

At this stage, anyone should.
I'd still say they're likely to beat Jablonec. Do we know which teams they're likely to face in the play-off?

Just checked the stats of their game. The yahoos had 63% of the possession yet still Midtjylland outdid them on all other stats.

Shots: yahoos 5, Midtjylland 12

Shots on target: yahoos 2, Midtjylland 4

Corners" yahoos 5, Midtjylland 7

They come across as a disaster waiting to be trounced.

Just checked the stats of their game. The yahoos had 63% of the possession yet still Midtjylland outdid them on all other stats.

It’s all part of Ange’s tactical master plan. You’ll see.

Jablonec will probably be better than the Danes who were technically awful.
You'd imagine the tims will fore the new Japanese forward and Swede defender straight in along with a couple more new signings to give themselves a better chance.

Most of their passing was between the four defenders and goalkeeper.

I wouldn't trust those possession numbers, I think it was much closer to 50-50 but the others look about right.

I notice McLeod on that piece referencing Celtic fans being used to European glory nights Truthfully those nights are long gone. Around 20 years ago they at least had a formidable home record, but couldn't buy an away result, fast forward to recent times and wins are rare as hens teeth, some awarded after bureaucratic errors by opponents.

Is anyone else sick to the teeth hearing about David Turnbull ?

The commentators voices literally change when he gets the ball

How many frigging times we going to hear about his delivery into the box has he ever got an assist for them ? Serious question

Never a word that he clearly cant get fit he looked like he was going to fall over last night

I notice McLeod on that piece referencing Celtic fans being used to European glory nights Truthfully those nights are long gone. Around 20 years ago they at least had a formidable home record, but couldn't buy an away result, fast forward to recent times and wins are rare as hens teeth, some awarded after bureaucratic errors by opponents.

bored in work so had a gander at their record post-2012
the decline is there to see

4 CL group stages in 10 years
progressed from group once in 2012/2013
earlier exits when they don't make groups as years go on - from 3 ties down 1 this year
the standard of teams knocking them out drastically falling too recently

they've gone from CL group pumping by Barca, Man City PSG
to recent exits

2018/2019 - AEK Athens in CL
2019/2020 - Cluj in CL, Copenhagen in EL
2020/2021 - Ferencvaros in CL, bottom of group in EL
2021/2022 - Midtjylland in CL

if we had that record we'd be getting booted up and down the scottish press
not getting 7s and 8s

When Big Ange begins to cry
And the Tim's are on their arse,
Broony's gone, and Leigh is next,
Soon to be followed by Edouard....
This is the dawning of the age of Hilarious
Age of Hilarious
Hilarious
Hilarious

bored in work so had a gander at their record post-2012
the decline is there to see

4 CL group stages in 10 years
progressed from group once in 2012/2013
earlier exits when they don't make groups as years go on - from 3 ties down 1 this year
the standard of teams knocking them out drastically falling too recently

they've gone from CL group pumping by Barca, Man City PSG
to recent exits

2018/2019 - AEK Athens in CL
2019/2020 - Cluj in CL, Copenhagen in EL
2020/2021 - Ferencvaros in CL, bottom of group in EL
2021/2022 - Midtjylland in CL

if we had that record we'd be getting booted up and down the scottish press
not getting 7s and 8s

Even under Rodgers, they weren't entirely comfortable in CL qualification in 16/17 and 17/18. If they'd faced better teams then they'd have been put out.

Beat Hapoel Be'er Sheva 5-4 on aggregate in 16/17, Be'er Sheva were very close to getting an equaliser to go through on away goals. Against Astana in 17/18, they were losing 4-1 away with 10 minutes to go and it sat at 6-4 in aggregate. Two late goals saw them through.

In both seasons after making the group stages, they managed to win 1 game from 12. Amassing a collective goal difference of -24. None of this received as much media focus and criticism as our European performances in the 90s.

Back