Tonight’s game postponed

2vwa49t.jpg
Celtic could play on that. When Thumbheid takes a corner, he wouldn't use any of that cold bit !

Killie is a far more important game and so going into that with a fit and healthy squad, barring any disasters on Sunday, is not such a bad thing.

Had a horrible feeling someone would have got injured tonight.

We should be able to send our reserve team to hump them 7-0 so lets not get too bothered over fixture pile ups! Spot on man

Gary Bollan was on the Radio there saying they could 'probably' have got it playable in a couple of hours. To be fair to the ref he can't deal in probablys.

At the end of the day, if one of our players done knee ligaments due to a solid pitch I don't think it would have been worth it.

They not alone reporting that. Looking like it may have been our staff that asked for the referee. If that's the case our own club are due our fans an explanation as the footage we all seen suggests the pitch is playable.

Perhaps Rangers asked for an inspection as ‘surety’ before travelling fans set out? Doesn’t mean we thought the pitch was unplayable.

Gary Bollan was on the Radio there saying they could 'probably' have got it playable in a couple of hours. To be fair to the ref he can't deal in probablys.

At the end of the day, if one of our players done knee ligaments due to a solid pitch I don't think it would have been worth it.

And that's exactly why we weren't keen to play.

They not alone reporting that. Looking like it may have been our staff that asked for the referee. If that's the case our own club are due our fans an explanation as the footage we all seen suggests the pitch is playable.
Both the Cowdenbeath Chairman, I think, and Gary Bollan were on Superscoreboard and admitted that parts of the ground were "firm/hard". If there are parts still frozen it will only get worse by kick off time nevermind by the time the game is finished.

The SFA have also made comment saying it was them who insisted on an inspection after being touch with Cowdenbeath throughout the day.

Seriously why wait till the rescheduled date when the weather could be much worse, why can't this game get played tomorrow?

Because that is the rules of the competition

It like saying it was tomorrow postponed and try again on Sunday

Both the Cowdenbeath Chairman, I think, and Gary Bollan were on Superscoreboard and admitted that parts of the ground were "firm/hard". If there are parts still frozen it will only get worse by kick off time nevermind by the time the game is finished.

The SFA have also made comment saying it was them who insisted on an inspection after being touch with Cowdenbeath throughout the day.
I did say if and was only saying few places were reporting it was us.

Fuk me, Ian mckaskill has a log in.

You’re now predicting the weather 2 weeks away?

Just my opinion, don’t shit yourself.

The weather won’t be getting any better between now and then, if anything it’ll drop as normally does in January. So if they can’t get the game on tonight, they’ll need to do something different the next time.

Just my opinion, don’t shit yourself.

The weather won’t be getting any better between now and then, if anything it’ll drop as normally does in January. So if they can’t get the game on tonight, they’ll need to do something different the next time.

They might move it to Dunfermline?

Is there still a link to the old firm full highlights? Looking to watch it tonight with family now that the games postponed

To be fair I’m as gutted and disappointed as the rest - I had settled in for a night on the sofa and a few beers and was desperate to get started watching. However all of us at home have no right complaining when we think of the poor travelling fans who were already there when it was called off!

We can maybe all say it is playable when we look at it, but just imagine Morelos or Defoe twisted a knee out there and were out for the season, we would have been livid it was allowed to continue.

just hame had already left at 5 oclock .....feel bit daft as it was already off :rolleyes: i was too busy getting 2 set thermals on checking id everything hat scarf gloves nordic jacket feel right plonker ...but tucking into a fish supper now ...no all bad

Those saying the pitch "looks fine" on the mobile phone videos posted on Twitter...you do realise it's how the pitch feels, not how it looks on low quality video?

Cowdenbeath are saying it's fine, but they could well be trying to avoid a fine for not having a playable pitch. Not worth risking injuries on an ice block.

Back