Tonight's crowd was 37,916

Looked about 10000 2 minutes before kick off.

Lots of last minutes arrivals tonight.
There was late queue’s all outside the stadium. I queue’d at the turnstiles for 25 minutes in Govan Rear and got in 15 minutes after kick off. Loads of fans still outside well after the start.

Great attendance but I think what makes it more impressive up in Scotland with Rangers, we don't have teams from the epl ever week or even teams from the English championship to look forward too. Rangers fan's generate their own loyalty. Think it's easier to keep going when they're are bigger games about.

Not sure about that mate. Imagine being a fan of a team without a league title for almost 100 years! Without a domestic trophy of any description for almost 70 years!

And to be honest I watch both Rangers and Newcastle and belive me, regardless of opposition, Rangers are far more enjoyable!

Great support in a huge city with no other sizable teams.
Newcastle has just had an immense injection of enthusiasm after the take over so it is indeed a bit of an unusual situation.
They wouldn't have attracted this crowd last season with a game on television.
But that doesn't detract from their great support.

Further, there is a far more relaxed attitude to attending events in England for the causal supporter due to the huge difference in authoritarian political imposition.
In Glasgow, a lot of possible attendees tonight just thought fck it, and to hell with their fckn jabs and they can stick their 'show me your papers' up their fckn arses.
Most of these people will be young.

Tbf Newcastle also had over 52,000 against Oxford in the FA Cup with Muke Ashley and Steve Bruce there!

Also Newcastle isn't that big a city really. It's well down the list of UK cities when it comes to population.

I was actually at the NUFC v Cambridge match and my vaccine status was checked when I was waiting outside the turnstiles.

Tbf Newcastle also had over 52,000 against Oxford in the FA Cup with Muke Ashley and Steve Bruce there!

Also Newcastle isn't that big a city really. It's well down the list of UK cities when it comes to population.

I was actually at the NUFC v Cambridge match and my vaccine status was checked when I was waiting outside the turnstiles.

Newcastle charge for £10 for these FA Cup ties too. Think it was £20 odd for our game last night.

Not disputing your point about Newcastle fans btw, just pointing out that sometimes there’s nuance to these things

Newcastle charge for £10 for these FA Cup ties too. Think it was £20 odd for our game last night.

Not disputing your point about Newcastle fans btw, just pointing out that sometimes there’s nuance to these things

Yes that is true. Was a tenner up until the day of the game when the price doubles to £20. However as it was sold out a few days beforehand nobody ended up paying £20 for their ticket. Also 4,800 Cambridge fans were present as well.

Yes that is true. Was a tenner up until the day of the game when the price doubles to £20. However as it was sold out a few days beforehand nobody ended up paying £20 for their ticket. Also 4,800 Cambridge fans were present as well.
So was I. I like getting down to watch Newcastle when I can.

Much more palatable now Ashley doesn’t benefit too!

I am not criticising the Geordie support.
I am a huge admirer of them.
I well remember them coming to Ibrox in the Fairs Cup and filling most of the Filth end.
They were tremendous.

Back