Tonight's crowd was 37,916

Good attendance and good to see some other players getting a chance.

Hope the drunk ned near the back of BR 3 that was acting like it was a cup final against Celtic got home safe

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. Rangers fans have proved themselves over the last 10 years to be the most loyal fans in the UK well ahead of clubs less illustrious than Rangers.

Newcastle United, without a domestic trophy since 1955, had a 52,000 sell out v Cambridge the other week, and they got beat! Loads of loyal fanbases in the UK tbh.

Great attendance,i had a small wager on with the young man that we would hit 35,000 delighted that it came in :))

Although when i got there at quarter to seven it didn't look promising as it was earily quiter than usual.

It looked more than that! I suppose the back of the Broomloan and hospitality looked down on numbers.

It was also one less than reported as I scanned my friends ST in for them as they couldn't make it last minute :)

Newcastle United, without a domestic trophy since 1955, had a 52,000 sell out v Cambridge the other week, and they got beat! Loads of loyal fanbases in the UK tbh.
Aye but they’ve not got the expense of European fixtures, home and away usually into the spring coupled with cup runs to the semi or final most seasons…

Great attendance but I think what makes it more impressive up in Scotland with Rangers, we don't have teams from the epl ever week or even teams from the English championship to look forward too. Rangers fan's generate their own loyalty. Think it's easier to keep going when they're are bigger games about.

Great support in a huge city with no other sizable teams.
Newcastle has just had an immense injection of enthusiasm after the take over so it is indeed a bit of an unusual situation.
They wouldn't have attracted this crowd last season with a game on television.
But that doesn't detract from their great support.

Further, there is a far more relaxed attitude to attending events in England for the causal supporter due to the huge difference in authoritarian political imposition.
In Glasgow, a lot of possible attendees tonight just thought fck it, and to hell with their fckn jabs and they can stick their 'show me your papers' up their fckn arses.
Most of these people will be young.

That's a fantastic turnout for a Friday night game (that's extremely difficult for supporters that have to travel a large distance), live on TV and against less than box office opposition.
One thing that I noticed tonight that differed from normal was the amount of kids at the game.
This was probably due to the amount of tickets available and perhaps some regulars giving up their tickets to their young nieces or nephews to give them the opportunity to finally see The Rangers!
Either way, it gave me a buzz seeing so many youngsters looking so excited approaching Ibrox and pestering their Mums/Dads for a scarf or a hat.
The future's bright.........

That is a genuinely massive crowd to attract versus Stirling. Stirling will be skipping all the way to the bank.

What a fantastic attendance!

Our fans have once again displayed our commitment to our club and a healthy respect to our opponents, who leave Ibrox with a substantial amount of money to fund their ongoing operation.

I have to say, as far as week night domestic cup competitions are concerned, it is my opinion that we are far and away the largest support who regularly turn out to support their team.

Duty done for The Rangers, as always.

Back