Top man so far and who will win POTY?

Tav, by a mile, should his form keep up.

I’ve long held the opinion that - at his best - he’d be better than 98% of players in this country in any position. He’d probably get 25 goals if he played as a striker and end up with 15 assists from central midfield.

An all round player and genuine miracle conditioning wise.

Bit early to be talking POTY with a team that hasn’t shown up after Christmas the last two seasons.

Tav is the top man so far though to answer the first question.

Doing the sensible things at the back; confidence restored to hit a penalty and is 10 yards deeper in the box at crosses from the other wing, giving himself a chance to shoot or pass the ball back into the zone. Tav's the man.

Started off with Aribo, then Kent, then Arfield.

But for being constantly brilliant, it's Tav by a fair distance. He's been consistent as well

Never misses a game. Never hides. 9 goals and 6-7 assists already.

Genuinely couldn't be happier for him

Tav has started the season performing at a level way above what a lot of people probably thought him capable of and has kept it there.
Definitely my POTY so far.

Reactions: Dom
Tav for me. It'll be hard for anyone else as Kent, Borna, Goldson and Tav are the only players who start every match bar injury. Kamara is in a rich vein of form right now.

theme here , captain tav by a country mile

special mentions to goldson , big fil and Arfield

on a side note - our attack hasn’t even got started yet , that’s very exciting

For Scotland it will still be a Celtic player even if we won the league by 20 points

Tav should get a player of the year gong. Or Connor Goldson.

A long way to go yet, but in horse racing parlance: on the outward stretch it's Tavernier setting a cracking pace, followed by Kamara on the outside of Kent. Aribo fell back after a storming start but is handily postitioned for a forward surge, with Roofe and Barisic both capable of finishing hard. Goldson is a stayer and can't be written off if still handy at the home turn, with his stable mate Helander matching him stride for stride. If Davis can stay the distance, he's an outside chance.

At the start of the season I had a feeling Aribo was going to take his game to another level, such a talented player.

Loads of contenders but if Tav keeps performing the way he has been it'll be fitting if he wins 55 and the POTY

For me it’s got to be Tav. He’s grown into the Rangers captaincy, he’s very very very rarely been unavailable since he’s been with us and his constancy is second to none.

However, so far, it’s a difficult choice. So many of them are playing well. Hagi, Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Goldson, Helander, Barasic, the full team are playing well and deserve plaudits.

I just hope that we can keep it going.

Tav has been our best and most consistent performer so far. Special mentions for Aribo, Kent, Goldson and Arfield who have all had a good run of form too.

Tav
Arfield
Kamara
Goldson
Kent

It’s great we have so many genuine contenders but Tav is consistently our best player so is front runner for me.

A long way to go yet, but in horse racing parlance: on the outward stretch it's Tavernier setting a cracking pace, followed by Kamara on the outside of Kent. Aribo fell back after a storming start but is handily postitioned for a forward surge, with Roofe and Barisic both capable of finishing hard. Goldson is a stayer and can't be written off if still handy at the home turn, with his stable mate Helander matching him stride for stride. If Davis can stay the distance, he's an outside chance.
If it was the Grand National they would have run a mile with over 3 miles still to go.
No one can pick the winner at that stage....

Tavernier by a mile as things stand this morning. Kent flew out the traps but has had a few quieter performances of late but the captain is scoring or assisting in pretty much every game we play.

Tavernier is well in front at this stage, but its early days.

Kent, Kamara, Davis are all chasing him with Borna, Arfield, and Aribo not far behind.

The fact i'm mentioning so many names tells you what a great season we're having so far

Goldson, Helander, Kent and Kamara have all been great but Tav has been a standout.

I'll be delighted for him when he lifts 55.

Another vote for tav. Also a vote for calming the expectations levels for aribo down a bit. He had a good preseason and 1 stand out performance in the league and has had an injury since. Has a Big part to play but isn’t a world beater or even first pick for us yet.

Tav by a mile.

Clean sheet record and attacking numbers that a number 10 would be over the moon with.

Incredible player and arguably our best right back in about 20 years. Certainly the most influential one I can ever remember.

Not talking about trophies but for what he personally brings.

For Scotland it will still be a Celtic player even if we won the league by 20 points

Tav should get a player of the year gong. Or Connor Goldson.
Nonsense.

Our players have won POTY loads of times in the past, the truth is we have had nobody deserving of it over the last 10 years.

Hopefully that changes this season. Tav so far has been outstanding but let’s see if he, and the rest of the team, can keep up our excellent early season form.

Tav, Borna and Goldson all been consistent. Dont think we have had a player where you are thinking get them on the bench for a few games, a few will say Alfie, but change of system, he is doing his role and a few will say Hagi, but those guys are just embarrassing themselves and why we can't have nice things.

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield have all had really good games, but not as consistent, not surprising due to injuries/rotation. Kent has had me on the edge of my seat, but has had a few games off the boil, but still contributing.

So Tav for me if I'm picking just now.

Back