Top man so far and who will win POTY?

So far its Tav but Kamara and Kent not far behind. Hagi for young player of the year (so far)

Tav is always Mr Consistent.
the difference this year is he’s went from 7/10 every game to a 9

Kent started well but has been quieter since the international break.
Aribo was excellent before his injury so need to see how he looks when back up to speed.
Goldson and Helander have been solid.
Kamara has been good.

But Tav has been consistently on another level.

This is madness :D

We are just over the quarter way point and now looking at player of the year.

Tav has been our best player so far but we are well away from any interest in a POTY unless we win something.

Didn't want to rain on parades but we need to keep the heed :D

Agree.

Let’s see who’s doing it when the trophies are needing to be secured.

Despite that, and despite so many on form, Tav must be the leader in the whole country right now.

One of the things I like about this team is that it isn’t dependent on one or two players to lead the way. As a result, everyone is visibly playing their part and you’ll see players having a great month while others don’t.

For all the people claiming in September that Hagi has no impact, he now sits top of the assists charts.
Tav has reset himself, Goldson has done similar and where a year ago we conceded opportunities & goals down the side, this season thee is nothing.
Kent is playing like we all hoped he would.
Arfield came back in and scored goals and contributed a lot in matches.

It is great to see. Compared to previous recent seasons where the form of our goalkeeper and centre forward were critical then we are in a much better place.

Last edited:
Tav, Borna and Goldson all been consistent. Dont think we have had a player where you are thinking get them on the bench for a few games, a few will say Alfie, but change of system, he is doing his role and a few will say Hagi, but those guys are just embarrassing themselves and why we can't have nice things.

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield have all had really good games, but not as consistent, not surprising due to injuries/rotation. Kent has had me on the edge of my seat, but has had a few games off the boil, but still contributing.

So Tav for me if I'm picking just now.
Despite the arrogance of your post Hagi has absolutely deserved to be benched at times. Hagi appeared to benefit from his first stint on the bench, playing well in his next game. All players should be pulled out of the team when not performing. Some players will be withdrawn from the first XI as the manager keeps his squad fresh a la Davis and Helander midweek.

Hagi was my Motm at the weekend.

You need to be more tempered in your views and understand people will call for players to be benched when they are not performing, including Hagi. And he definitely had a spell where he was not performing.

Despite the arrogance of your post Hagi has absolutely deserved to be benched at times. Hagi appeared to benefit from his first stint on the bench, playing well in his next game. All players should be pulled out of the team when not performing. Some players will be withdrawn from the first XI as the manager keeps his squad fresh a la Davis and Helander midweek.

You need to be more tempered in your views and understand people will call for players to be benched when they are not performing, including Hagi. And he definitely had a spell where he was not performing.
Yet he still racked up 5 assists in that time.

Hagi maybe hasn’t been on top form but he has 8 assists and a goal in his last 10 games... I cannot wait until he hits top form!

Tav actually started the early season a bit poorly by his standards but has been sensational since.
Goldson has been the most consistent so edges it for me as he is paramount to giving us that defensive base to build from.

Hands up,I was ready for both leaving in the summer after our capitulation post Xmas last season.I questioned whether they had the mental strength to win trophies with us,but the signs are they've turned a corner imo.

I genuinely can't believe I'm saying this, but it has to be Tavernier. He looks transformed from the rather poor specimen we saw previously. Calm, assured, confident, consistent, a threat in attack and strong in defence, his passing has improved as have his free kicks. He's going great guns at the moment, I hope he keeps up this high standard for the rest of the season and gets to raise the league trophy at the end - he'll deserve it for sticking to his task and improving in almost every area of his game.

Long way to go though...

Reactions: cav
There'll be something poetic if our right back wipes the floor with POTY awards when the season before the majority of the mentals in our support wanted him chased. Especially if (when) he lifts 55 as captain!

Tav or Arfield so far, Kent started like a train but he’s been off it for quite a few games now.

Special mention to the Brick walls at the back.

It was Kent for a good few weeks but Tavernier has really come to the fore. It’s probably his most consistently impressive run of form since he signed.

There'll be something poetic if our right back wipes the floor with POTY awards when the season before the majority of the mentals in our support wanted him chased. Especially if (when) he lifts 55 as captain!
That is because Tab is a completely different animal this season.
His confidence is up, and he is back scoring penalties. His ball retention is significantly better, as is his crossing and passing in general.
What's not to like?

I don’t understand why everything on this forum has to be by a mile, or by some distance. Nothing like some hyperbole.

Not as if Goldson hasn’t been consistently good all season.
Not as if Tav hasn’t had some ropey moments earlier on in the season as Cav pointed out.

Tav’s output has been fantastic in pure numbers. His attacking stats are ridiculous for a wing back.

Goldson has been consistently impressive. One or two moments of madness aside e.g. the chance in the Old Firm game.

If people want to pick Tav over Goldson absolutely fine. That’s a solid choice. By a mile, a country mile, a distance? Not for me.

Kent was on fire 3 or 4 games ago. He is the only player I would say at any point this season has looked head and shoulders above the rest of the league. He’s gone off the boil though.

Kamara has been solid culminating in an outstanding Old Firm Performance.

Arfield wasn’t in the team at the start of the season, came on as a sub v Dundee Utd I think? And has been consistently excellent from that moment on with the gaffer, and I agree, saying he was our best player for about half a dozen games.

Other food for thought, look at the Livi chance this weekend where they should have scored. That occurred from Hagi and Tav failing to deal with them on our right flank. Poor defending.

Nobody has been faultless.

Aribo looked like he was going to run away with PoTY carrying his preseason form into the season, then he got injured very early on. Kent took up the mantle. Scotty Arfield came in and took over for half a dozen games. Abley assisted by Kamara. Tav has been building into the stand out role recently, overtaking Arfield on the outside in horse racing parlance. Goldson and Helander have been consistently solid throughout all of this, with Goldson featuring more often.

Tav is a choice no one can really argue against (I might still lean towards G9ldson myself at this point) but I don’t think it’s anyone by a country mile when several players have had spells of half a dozen games or more where they have been stand outs, whereas others have never dipped their form almost from game 1.

Tav, Arfield and Helander.

it’s the stuff they do off the ball that you won’t see in a highlights reel that really makes us tick as a team.

how many times are we seeing tav sneak into that number 9 position. He completely trusts Arfield to have his back. These two are incredible together down that side.

Helander is just a proper old school defender, not interested in anything fancy, he just loves to defend. Mr reliable personified.

At present Tav wins it hands down but there are a host of players in our side that could run him close by the end of the season, however, it's Tav for me.

First 3 weeks - Aribo
Next 3 Weeks - Kent
Next 4 weeks - Goldson/ Arfield/ Kamara

Most consistent during the whole period - Tav
Very good post. Myself I might push Goldson into the bottom line. But overall a fair point. Different players have had stand out spells of games, whereas others have been consistently effective throughout most of the season.

The obvious answer is Tav, consistently brilliant and always available.

Special mention for Helander, absolutely colossal, his reading of the game is impeccable

For me.

Tav has been the outstanding performer, performing consistently at an 8 or 9/10

Goldson, Helander, Kamara and Arfield I would say these have been the next most consistent players 8 out of 10 most weeks

Then I would have Kent at an occasional 8 or 9, particularly at the start, but hes dropped to 7s lately.

Davis and Barisic have mostly been really good and consistent 7 out of 10 .

The goalies have hardly put a foot wrong, came up with some big saves, but some games hve been virtual spectators. Probably averaging 6.5 each week.

Then I would have players like Jack, Hagi, Aribo, Roofe who have been a bit stop start(for different reasons), but plenty more to come. 6/10

Morelos has had mostly below par performances imo, although I do think he played well in the old firm. Averaging around 5/10 most weeks , hopefully being on the bench this weekend will make him realize he needs to step it up.

Absolute belter of a post showing a lack of self awareness and what appears to be no clue as to what Hagi has done this season already. Can you tell me when he deserved to be benched, which performance or performances led you to this? I've no issue with any player dropping out the team, different opponents, surface, tactics all need to be considered, but the amount of people who think Hagi drops out of games, or think he has been poor, obviously dont look at his work rate off the ball or understand that some of his passes won't come off as his team mates haven't read the game the same way or god forbid realise he is human and may have one go astray. Shoot more would be my criticism, he has that ability from range, would like to see more of that.

He should be Gecko, as he’s been even better, but I’m unsure if they’ll give the same player it twice in a row mate.
Given I don’t watch much of the other teams but I can’t think of anyone else deserving of it. Goldson? Scott Arfield? No one of any other team has done anything of note (one game to go of course)

a win next week surely secures MOTM for Gerrard eh?

Back