Tottenham v Liverpool

Said this to you before, it’s now stacked in favour of the defender & more difficult for the attacker.

The way strikers have to arc their run makes it almost impossible to get in behind & stay onside these days.
Shows you the madness of the people running the game.

Goals are what it's all about, yet they've signed up for the convenience of tv with something that is stopping goals.

It wasnt broken and didnt need fixing, yet they've managed it.

Not really, it’s hit his arm

He's off balance because Dier is fouling him. The ball then hits Diers arm. Then they play about 3 passes up the park and score.

I'm sure the rule is that the handball must lead directly to the goal after the slight change from the rule last season.

Talksport talking about their producer saying January has seen the least amount of penalties this season.

Producer is the brilliantly named ‘Declan McCarthy’.

Really not sure what the whole Peter Walton thing adds to BT Sport tbh.

I like the idea of a referee giving his opinion on rules and play, but I don't think they are doing it right here. All he ever does is state the absolute letter of the law as if he's reading from a book, then it gets confrontational and awkward if anyone disagrees with him.

On a side not, has the forum changed to 50 posts per page? I'm sure it was 40 posts and I haven't changed any setting that I know of :D

I like the idea of a referee giving his opinion on rules and play, but I don't think they are doing it right here. All he ever does is state the absolute letter of the law as if he's reading from a book, then it gets confrontational and awkward if anyone disagrees with him.
It’s robotic, he removes all context of the situation & fails to acknowledge the referees interpretation of the situation.

I genuinely prefer refs making the odd mistake (human error) than this black/white stuff.

Helps explain the rules to the ex-pros who usually don't have a clue. Hence, McManaman's shock at the decision.
I was stunned last night when Andy Walker said it was a foul of our goalie because he had one hand on the ball.

I always thought it had to be two hands, was quite embarrassed that fud knew more than me about the rules.

What on earth was the Spurs defender doing there? That was schoolboy stuff

Last edited:
Rodon and Dier are not the answer!

Huge huge downgrade from the Belgiums last season.

Liverpool have been hopeless and Spurs have given them far too much respect.

Dier had two hands grappling the Liverpool player including a handful of his shirt, the ball hits Dier’s arm first then the Liverpool player’s arm. So, in effect, two free kick offences, including one - the shirt pull that should have attracted a yellow card - before the Liverpool player’s handball but Martin Atkinson awards a free kick to Spurs. That was Scottish referee level incompetence.

You are becoming one of my favourite posters on here, your comment the other day about that poster gave me a chuckle.
tenor.gif

Tottenham started the season quite well.

Wheels seem to have come off since the loss to Liverpool last month.

Back