"Tough" December

Enjoy the moment, but a long long way to go.
End of Feb for me......see where we are then.

I do believe SG and everyone are 100% focused and will bring 55.
Similar to where we are now, except people saying “end of March, see where we are then”.

Guess what will happen in March? I’ll give you a clue. Involves April.

I think St Johnstone away could be a tricky game. Hibs is never a gimme either but we're in great form so go into every game confident.

I'm enjoying our current form and I'm enjoying their abject misery but there is still a long way to go. Can't see who beats us at the minute though, we look miles ahead of the rest.

The last two seasons are irrelevant. We have progressed and the papes have went backwards.

Their main players were Tierney, Thumb and Brown. None of them matter any more.

Tav will be player of the year this season with Davis as runner up and Goldson third.

Look forward not back.
I don't think it's unreasonable to look back to learn from past mistakes, so I wouldn't say that about the last two seasons.

Those seasons were fuked because of what WE did or didn't do post-winter break, so regardless of who their main players were last year or the year before, it was in our hands and we crumbled.

For what it's worth, I am cautiously optimistic we'll win the league this year. How can you not be? That said though, like others have said, I'll start truly getting excited if we are still way ahead come mid to late February, as it will show we HAVE learned from our past mistakes and we now deserve to win this league.

I'm still greatly enjoying their meltdown regardless!

They'll lose to the French outfit on Thursday and draw with killie on the Sunday - we win on Sunday , you'll not be able to get a bet on anywhere on this planet of Rangers winning the league

I don’t think this Rangers squad will give up this lead, in fact I think they will pile on the misery, they are absolutely focused.
Correct, and I was taught to be cautious, but I simply can’t see this team collapsing the way we did last year, there’s more steel and determination about them.

There is zero evidence this current yahoo team will put a run together. If Lennon stays, and it appears that he will, they will drop more points before we do. I said the same last week and we've gained another 2 points on them. I get some people want to be cautious but you also need to acknowledge what is staring you in the face.

I'll admit to looking at round 2 of the fixtures, match day 12 through 22 and thinking we had it tough.

All our fans who cry "one game at a time" are also the ones saying look at the run of fixtures through Nov, Dec, Jan etc and saying how tough we have it, how Celtic are guaranteed max points and we're bound to slip up. Now, ignoring this line of thinking keeps getting proven wrong again and again, i'm looking at our remaining December fixtures and trying to locate the tough games we have. I just cant see them????

We already went to Rugby Park and won. We already skelped Abdereen 4-0.

We have Hibs, but we already to Easter Road and were robbed of a win. Hibs at home should be no problem for us.

Where is this "brutal" run of games? Where are these "mammoth tests"?

I know we will have a dodgy draw or loss somewhere. But what we wont have is a run of bad results.

I dont see a game in December where we arent huge favourites. And with the advantage we have in our back pocket we can get away with a slip up somewhere. Especially after today.

I firmly believe we get to Jan 2 having lost no more points than them.

Taken in isolation there is nothing to fear from our fixtures. The fact that we play Thurs,Sun,Wed,Sat,Wed,Sat,Wed, 7 games in 20 days is a slight concern, no more than that.

Is it only league games we are talking about here.

apologies for bumping this one thought this was the thread where I predicted st Mirren would be difficult.

purely because it’s a venue we never play well at, that is now only four wins out of the last eleven visits to Paisley.

I'll admit to looking at round 2 of the fixtures, match day 12 through 22 and thinking we had it tough.

All our fans who cry "one game at a time" are also the ones saying look at the run of fixtures through Nov, Dec, Jan etc and saying how tough we have it, how Celtic are guaranteed max points and we're bound to slip up. Now, ignoring this line of thinking keeps getting proven wrong again and again, i'm looking at our remaining December fixtures and trying to locate the tough games we have. I just cant see them????

We have Hibs, but we already to Easter Road and were robbed of a win. Hibs at home should be no problem for us.

I know we will have a dodgy draw or loss somewhere. But what we wont have is a run of bad results.

I dont see a game in December where we arent huge favourites. And with the advantage we have in our back pocket we can get away with a slip up somewhere. Especially after today.

For me our next 5 games are going to decide our season. They are the straighteners. This is the business end of what we’re about. Win our next 5 and I don’t see past us. It’s really that simple for me.

It's always a tough December, is it not? Pretty sure we have this thread every season sure we'll have 1 this year as well looking at fixtures.

It's always a tough December, is it not? Pretty sure we have this thread every season sure we'll have 1 this year as well looking at fixtures.
I'm just pointing out let people have their "if we go 9 points ahead this weekend" threads. It does no harm to anyone if people want to speculate on things. All these "we must focus on ourselves" replies are beyond stupid.

Our season really gets going now. Pity there are two international breaks coming up - I’m absolutely sick of international football and it puts a halt to our momentum.

October, November and December are going to be interesting months. Let’s see where we are come the end of December as we head into the Old Firm in January.

Our season really gets going now. Pity there are two international breaks coming up - I’m absolutely sick of international football and it puts a halt to our momentum.

October, November and December are going to be interesting months. Let’s see where we are come the end of December as we head into the Old Firm in January.
International football has literally wrecked the game there’s more windows now than at the botanic gardens in Fcking sick of it

The fact that we won the league at a canter doesn’t mean “one game at a time” is the wrong mentality.
Its a nonsense for the fans

Let people enjoy discussing football and hypotheticals if they wish.

There's been soundbites from the gaffer and Gary Mac that reveal even the coaching staff don't stick rigidly to this thinking. E.g. talking about breaking the season down into blocks of games

So there is absolutely no reason to demand people follow such rigid thinking and mindsets on discussion forum.

Its a nonsense for the fans

Let people enjoy discussing football and hypotheticals if they wish.

There's been soundbites from the gaffer and Gary Mac that reveal even the coaching staff don't stick rigidly to this thinking. E.g. talking about breaking the season down into blocks of games

So there is absolutely no reason to demand people follow such rigid thinking and mindsets on discussion forum.

You’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to this.

You’re like a dog with a bone when it comes to this.
essentially its censorship though

And its based on a ridiculous premise

So it shouldn't be allowed

Forumers should be perfectly free to discuss any football related topic they wish as long as they are being respectful. And shouldn't be shouted down by those afraid of some imaginary boogey monster

Last edited:
essentially its censorship though

And its based on a ridiculous premise

So it shouldn't allowed

Forumers should be perfectly free to discuss any football related topic they wish as long as they are being respectful. And shouldn't be shouted down by those afraid of some imaginary boogey monster
In fairness you do quite a bit of 'shouting down' yourself mate.

By all means fight your corner but there is a fine line between that and becoming 'preachy'.

In fairness you do quite a bit of 'shouting down' yourself mate.

By all means fight your corner but there is a fine line between that and becoming 'preachy'.
Your first line. Aye. Fair point. And I'm rightly pulled up on that.

But in this situation I believe I am right. Posters shouldn't try and stop others discussing hypothetical situations because of their own irrational fears.

Regards your last point on that fine line and my tenure on FF:

5499902e015ffcbd996af193418c8a27--friends-series-quotes-friend-quotes.jpg

Me of course, not you!

Last season I was firmly in the one game at a time camp. This season I’m looking at a run of games opposed to the next match only.

Old enough to understand that it won’t have a baring on how the team perform or our results.

Hibs, Hearts, European matches, Aberdeen, Motherwell, cup semi final, Old Firm start of January… what it’s all about.

Is this a young person's thing? No patience, can't see the next game is Thursday. Or is it pro evo, football manager carry on?

It's a hindrance. Feels as if there's an international break every month now.

It's a hindrance. Feels as if there's an international break every month now.
Not great for the fans but I get the feeling the manager likes it. You often hear him talking about “the next block of fixtures”, this will be used within the dressing room and I would imagine helps plan the team selection and build up to each game well in advance.

Agree with what you say mate, but isn't the tough run of fixtures in January?

Tbh in our current form, I dont think any run of fixtures is particularly tough. I mean that because if we play to our potential, we are miles better than any other team in the country
FACT.

I'm just pointing out let people have their "if we go 9 points ahead this weekend" threads. It does no harm to anyone if people want to speculate on things. All these "we must focus on ourselves" replies are beyond stupid.
But us as posters influence the outcome of matches, didn't you know?

Haven't heard a single person say that.

Always believe in a sensible approach with us and teams should be able to take the good and the bad from the support.

I understand what the OP is trying to do in countless threads whether its last year or this year.

You cannot effect a game by posting on here is the message and no harm in thinking something can happen, is your message.

Surely you must also understand many are saying what they see in front of them which right now is very poor form from us and that people have learnt to be complacent is our downfall as a support.....I.e it will hurt more to think this will go well as we have been here so many times before.

I'd always trust in staying real and seeing what's infront of you alongside previous experience than the logic of what if (if we are talking about rangers serious chances of winning or losing).

An example.

What if we win 0-5 tonight but again could get beat 5-0. The way we are playing right now I'd say the latter is more realistic and the former is based on what this team done previous years when they surprised us all.

Winning the league by 25 points and now ahead by 6 this season may take the edge off our hunger. Last season we didn’t foresee their collapse and every game was played like a cup final. It’s very early days and who knows what the ‘transitional eleven’ will do. We can’t take for granted that their problems will continue indefinitely. Somehow we’ve got to recapture this ‘edge’ and play as if our lives depended on it even after going one or even two ahead. Dare I say we must again find the same degree of hate for them, that they have for us.

We always have a hard December and January!

The past two seasons we’ve had a tough December, but this team always stood up for those games because they thrive in them. That’s why I trust the team to come through the run of fixtures.

Back