Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

Do you reckon they’d be relatively cheap also?
I believe both are out of contact next year unless they have signed a contract extension Im not aware of. I think Musa would cost more as he's more developed but if they are in their last year 300-500k would get them I believe.

Matteo Cassiera

Match TV commentator Roman Naguchev said that Sochi striker Mateo Cassier could continue his career at the Scottish Rangers .

The Rangers definitely need a striker. Mateo Cassier is very interesting for the club. The Rangers management has already contacted Sochi. Van Bronkhorst is well acquainted with this player, - said Naguchev during the broadcast of the final match of the Europa League "Eintracht" - "Rangers" on "Match TV".

This season, 25-year-old Cassiera has made 22 appearances for Sochi in all competitions, scoring 11 goals and providing 5 assists.
https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/Futbol/Reyndzhers-Glazgo-Futbol

Erik Botheim just had his contract with Krasandor terminated because of the war in Ukraine. He is exactly the type of striker we need. Free, very talented, young and wages wouldn't break the bank.

Oft, would be great business

Ole Solbakken, if it's true he's going for 2m there shouldn't even be a question really.

I think he's out of contract in the summer - could be wrong there.

He's next in the Skov Olsen, Doekhi, Veerman list of "we must sign him" before he announces he's off to Italy.

What is we say?

Everyone, anyone

With the number potentially leaving, that may be quite true

Swear we were linked with him last summer or something
January it was I’m sure, found another article on him from his agent on Thursday

Martin Araoz , agent of Sochi striker Mateo Cassierra , commented on the information about the interest in his ward from the Scottish Rangers.

“Let's see if Mateo leaves Russia in the summer or not. It all depends on how events develop further. Rangers? We are considering various options,” Araoz said in an interview with the correspondent of the “Championship” Andrei Irha.

24-year-old Cassierra became a Sochi player this summer, moving from the Portuguese Belenenses for € 1.2 million. In 11 matches of the Russian Premier League, the striker scored eight goals and gave two assists. The Colombian striker's contract expires in 2023, with Transfermarkt valuing the player at €2 million.

We will remind, earlier Cassierra announced his intention to stay in Sochi.

Whoever we get, hope they're in as soon as. And whoever leaves, out as soon as.

Need to get going for the champions league qualifiers.

Definitely need a striker. Hope we hear genuine rumours the next few weeks.

Probably one we can cross off the list

“Roma have reached a personal agreement with Ola Solbakken of Bødo/Glimt, reports Il Romanista.

The 23-year-old attacker has reportedly agreed to a five-year contract worth €700,000 in wages.

Ideally he would take the place of Carles Pérez who has drawn interest from the Bundesliga and could leave the Italian capital in the summer.

However, at the moment Roma have failed to reach an agreement with Bødo/Glimt for Solbakken following the two clubs’ heated exchange in the Conference League quarterfinals.

Bødo do not want to lose Solbakken for free and would happily accept even a small fee for the young forward.”

Gilmour & Vydra.

I do wonder what Gilmour’s value would be this summer. Not a great loan spell at a relegated Norwich so stock isn’t at its highest. Chelsea in a mess financially. Could be a perfect storm to sign him below his real value.

Vydra on a free would tear up the SPFL the way he’s done to the Championship for years.

Whoever we get, hope they're in as soon as. And whoever leaves, out as soon as.

Need to get going for the champions league qualifiers.

Definitely need a striker. Hope we hear genuine rumours the next few weeks.
I can't see us messing about like last summer.

Obviously the free-agent market is going to be massive a year or so out of Covid conditions and the Russian invasion of Ukraine throws a whole load of other players into the mix.

However, there are a bunch of strange relegations on the cards and some deals to be had with out of contract players that love us, but I don't want us to block pathways for a very talented group of younger players making their way through.

Bordeaux are gone from France and that squad will be picked apart, St Etienne are in a relegation playoff with a flying Auxerre, Granada are on the brink in Spain, Hamburg are about to relegate Hertha Berlin.

And before anyone asks; signing Lawrence Shankland from a relegated Beerschot or signing Stevie Mallen from a relegated Yeri Malatyaspor are not the sort of "deals" I'm thinking of.

Alan Gow - seen him at JD sports buying a white hat.....

In all seriousness, a CH to replace Goldson should be our priority. 2nd on the list is a striker who can lead the line well when Alfie is out needs to be high on the list, but finding someone who is happy sitting on the bench for 80% of the season is going to prove to be troublesome!

Ahh a transfer window

Windass and Lewis Ferguson to be linked until they retire. No idea who a target might be but I want a striker, right winger and midfielder please.
Barry and Lewis Ferguson were sitting next to me at the Europa League final the other night. Given he was doing the bouncy when Aribo scored, I think he might sign for us if asked! :-D

Last edited:
I can't see us messing about like last summer.

Obviously the free-agent market is going to be massive a year or so out of Covid conditions and the Russian invasion of Ukraine throws a whole load of other players into the mix.

However, there are a bunch of strange relegations on the cards and some deals to be had with out of contract players that love us, but I don't want us to block pathways for a very talented group of younger players making their way through.

Bordeaux are gone from France and that squad will be picked apart, St Etienne are in a relegation playoff with a flying Auxerre, Granada are on the brink in Spain, Hamburg are about to relegate Hertha Berlin.

And before anyone asks; signing Lawrence Shankland from a relegated Beerschot or signing Stevie Mallen from a relegated Yeri Malatyaspor are not the sort of "deals" I'm thinking of.

Strangely had a look at the relegated teams from all the big leagues tonight and was surprised at some names playing for the sides

It looks like there will be a fair bit of player turnover heading into next season. Obviously Souttar coming in the door and Lowry and King likely to command more minutes moving forward.

But still going to need a decent number of players and just wondered who people fancied?

Personally, I think we could do a lot worse than look at Bodo/Glimt’s Solbakken and Vetlesen.

Also Ryan Mmaee at Ferencvarosi and Zian Flemming with Fortuna Sittard if going down the Dutch route with Gio.
Agreed on Flemming, Vetlesen and Solbakken btw, they've all been impressive this season. Flemming scores for fun and likely knows Vos. Haven't seen any of Mmaee, but that other 3 are brilliant players.

Strangely had a look at the relegated teams from all the big leagues tonight and was surprised at some names playing for the sides
The Bordeaux squad finishing bottom of Ligue 1 is absolutely baffling.

Even after taking away many of their big names, how do you get a team with Fransergio and Ahmedhodzic relegated?

We played both of them, they are very good players, what the hell is going on in Bordeaux?

The Bordeaux squad finishing bottom of Ligue 1 is absolutely baffling.

Even after taking away many of their big names, how do you get a team with Fransergio and Ahmedhodzic relegated?

We played both of them, they are very good players, what the hell is going on in Bordeaux?
Two players I’d be very happy if we were interested in. Fransergio even at 31 would have a few good years left. Khazri and Aouchiche as well at St Etienne

Must be time for a Dutch contingent of 2 or 3 reasonably priced good players/prospects or even loans coming in next season. Surely our Dutch management team have had their eyes and ears set on a few possibles already. I haven't a clue whom though! Not exactly expecting De Boer, Numan, GvB, Ricksen (RIP) standard this time around sadly.

Last edited:
Back