Transfer Targets 2022/23 season

I’d love a season loan for Cameron Archer from Villa. Physical and a finisher, be great backup if we keep Morelos

Always find the Lewis Ferguson bashing weird. Not like we won the Scottish cup today with both goals scorers coming in from the sheep. Wouldn’t pay daft money (like we’d be forced to with them) but would certainly bring in for the right price.
Defo a no brainer, just the type of player you need to go to the sty on a wed night and have no fear !!!

Always find the Lewis Ferguson bashing weird. Not like we won the Scottish cup today with both goals scorers coming in from the sheep. Wouldn’t pay daft money (like we’d be forced to with them) but would certainly bring in for the right price.
That's the problem Aberdeen would want funny money for a squad player.

If he was coming in at £1-2 million I wouldn't say no. He has decent potential and could grow into a good squad option. He reminds me of an unpolished Arfield but with a better strike.

Aberdeen however would want atleast £4 million. So a no go from me.

I think he's out of contract in the summer - could be wrong there.

He's next in the Skov Olsen, Doekhi, Veerman list of "we must sign him" before he announces he's off to Italy.
December mate, not unusual for that neck of the woods.

Like Doekhi, likely he will choose a better league than come to Scotland unfortunately.
Very difficult to compete with the Bundesliga and Serie A.

I think the key is obvs to get deals done in the Summer because its the only window in which you can make long term signings, just the sort we need to reconstruct the XI and deepen the squad.

January is basically Panic Station Signings and we've seen how that worked out, or didnt.

Rangers need to be realistic and ruthless, cutting the players who have come to the end of their Ibrox Run and let the New Blood rise.

Whoever comes in I want players with the same attitude and application of Bassey and Lundstrum, they are absolute Fighters in every game regardless how they are playing and thats what every Rangers team should be made up of.

No Retreat, No Surrender, week in week out.

The Bordeaux squad finishing bottom of Ligue 1 is absolutely baffling.

Even after taking away many of their big names, how do you get a team with Fransergio and Ahmedhodzic relegated?

We played both of them, they are very good players, what the hell is going on in Bordeaux?

Yeah I noticed fransergio name. Also in Italy Nsame who played with young boys against us, Cuisance a highly rated French youngster, ampadu the Welsh defender and man u ex keeper Sergio romeo

How has Ali McCann done at Preston?

There were many on here who thought we’d regret not buying him.

The Bordeaux squad finishing bottom of Ligue 1 is absolutely baffling.

Even after taking away many of their big names, how do you get a team with Fransergio and Ahmedhodzic relegated?

We played both of them, they are very good players, what the hell is going on in Bordeaux?

My brother sent me clips of their Korean forward Hwang.

He’s 29yo, so not the right age, but he has quality & can play wide & central. Has some lovely moments in the clips & could be a match decider if we got him for a decent fee.

Having watched us play every top team in Scotland 3 to 5 times this season there isn’t much happening in that market. Normally there are three or four and it’s the selling clubs attitude or the valuation that derails it.

Hibs - none
Hearts - McKay
Aberdeen - Ramsey
Dundee Utd - Siegrest
Motherwell - none
St Johnstone - none
Ross County - Cooke
Celtic - none
Dundee - none
Livingston - none
St Mirren - none

Anybody in Belgium you've been keeping an eye on? Lois Openda has been sensational on loan at Vitesse from Club Brugge but I reckon he’d be out of our budget. I also quite like Dante Vanzeir but again not sure of his price range

Looking at Openda's video, you can see why he might be out of our price range.

Which dates are our champions league qualifiers? You would have to presume (hopefully) that we start making moves to tie up people now.

When is the window open?

I’d like us to keep the far flung internationalists to a minimum. These breaks are like mines exploding in our season. Alfie crocked, Roofe crocked, more miles on Balogun’s clock. Scandanavian market appeals to me - we saw what Malmo and Bodo Glimpt could do against Scottish opposition.

Suggestions, free agents:

GK - Sam Johnstone would be brilliant but doubt it.

GK - Alex McCarthy is free from Southampton and only 32.

Winger- Tom Lawrence at Derby would be a great Bosman. 28 years old too.

Striker- Vydra is free agent and at 30 could do a job.

Midfielder- John Swift, 26, could be a stand out up here

Domestically these would be good free agents. But need more quality for Europe.
I see that Forster is rumoured as going to Spurs as a potential back up to Lloris. Which was also where Sam Johnstone was rumoured to be going. I still suspect, as you say, that Johnstone is unlikely to end up with us, but a good goalkeeper should be a top priority for us. For most of my life Rangers have had a top notch goalkeeper, be that Woods, Goram, Klos or McGregor. I would love to get another really good one.

At least offer people not heavily linked to sign with someone already like solbakken to Roma eh

The whole of page 1 is football manager central never heard of 99% of them and I watch a lot of football haha

What’s Freddy adu upto eh, cherno samba, Christopher tolley ……. If you know you know

Having watched us play every top team in Scotland 3 to 5 times this season there isn’t much happening in that market. Normally there are three or four and it’s the selling clubs attitude or the valuation that derails it.

Hibs - none
Hearts - McKay
Aberdeen - Ramsey
Dundee Utd - Siegrest
Motherwell - none
St Johnstone - none
Ross County - Cooke
Celtic - none
Dundee - none
Livingston - none
St Mirren - none

McKay is no where near the level we need

I’d have a look at Cooke as a cheap punt but that’s it in Scotland

Not seen enough of ramsay but he was very poor v us this year

McKay is no where near the level we need

I’d have a look at Cooke as a cheap punt but that’s it in Scotland

Not seen enough of ramsay but he was very poor v us this year
I think McKay would be great cover for Kent and give him a break. Seems to be starting to combine his experience along with his skill.

Yeah that’s true. Good player though.

I think as a squad player up top, selling Itten and bringing Vydra would be an upgrade. At 30 plenty of life in him too.
I liked the idea of Vydra but then I had a look at his goal scoring record. He’s scored 8 in 82 games at Burnley. I’m aware he’s coming of the bench a fair amount and they don’t create a huge number of chances but still for the wage he’d likely demand coming up here I’m not sure he’s prolific enough

Massive long shot, but just seen Manor Solomon’s (Shaktar winger) deal with Fulham has collapsed.

Looked like they were getting him for around €6-7m - not sure why it’s collapsed, but someone is gonna get a bargain at that price.
Good player but well out of our wage structure unfortunately

I’d really like us to try sign Gilmour and Solbbaken.
Is Solbbaken an out and out striker or can he play on the left / right?

If we give Morelos a new contract (hopefully) it would only make sense if Solvakken is flexible around the front 3 , since we don’t tend to play 2 up top

I liked the idea of Vydra but then I had a look at his goal scoring record. He’s scored 8 in 82 games at Burnley. I’m aware he’s coming of the bench a fair amount and they don’t create a huge number of chances but still for the wage he’d likely demand coming up here I’m not sure he’s prolific enough
Plays wide quite a bit as well. As you say it's Burnley not exactly a creative team so that might make up for the lack of goals

Is Solbbaken an out and out striker or can he play on the left / right?

If we give Morelos a new contract (hopefully) it would only make sense if Solvakken is flexible around the front 3 , since we don’t tend to play 2 up top

Solbakken plays predominantly on the right of a front 3.

He looks a cracking player, but with the likes of Roma and Lazio sniffing around, it's unlikely we'd be able to get him.

Seen Amos Pieper has signed for free for Werder Bremen. Thought he could have done better than that.

It's clear we need upgrades and quality added to the squad next season. I'll be very intrigued to see what happens over the summer and see the standard of player we are linked with.

I'm hoping GVB will be given a good budget and with expected player sales can have the opportunity to overhaul things.

No more cheap punts, pointless loans or adding players to the squad for the sake of it we have to target quality over quantity and trim the squad further.

Big summer for Ross Wilson and the recruitment staff they have to get it right.

Let the madness of rumours and speculation begin.

Back