Tuesday football thread

PSG used to getting their own way with domestic referees, can't handle a strong official and turn into the worst kind of losers with crude tackles and constant moaning. Reminds me of someone close to home

That's a tremendous team performance from Manchester City, PSG could barely get out their half tonight and even when they did they were pressed into playing the ball all the way back to their own 18 yard line.

Well done Pep, I’ve been a vocal critic of his European record post Barca but I’ll hold my hands up tonight and say he’s got almost everything spot on for City this year.

They’ve bounced back brilliantly from Liverpool winning the league last season, and they have now finally righted a lot of wrongs from their earlier European defeats under Guardiola.

Poor from PSG over the two legs given how well they played against some good sides earlier in the tournament. City more than deserved winners and big favourites for the final now IMO.

Game itself was a bit of a disappointment as a neutral, hopefully a closer game tomorrow.

Why the %^*& is Mbappe on the bench? 5 subs used and he wasn't brought on?!

Was an injury doubt so I’m assuming he was nowhere near fit.

PSG still very much in a title race in France with a handful of games left so Poch obviously decided it wasn’t worth the risk throwing him on.

That's a tremendous team performance from Manchester City, PSG could barely get out their half tonight and even when they did they were pressed into playing the ball all the way back to their own 18 yard line.
For about 150 mins over the two legs City schooled PSG.

That's ridiculous.

So when people go on about Scotland and Scottish teams always "being physical" are people to demand that be shut down??

World's gone mad.

Before every World Cup, a review of each country would include stereotypes. It was all a bit of a laugh. I guess those days are gone.

Beglin's comment was harmless enough in this instance.

Last edited:
Daft question......does it have any bearing whatsoever in our seeding scenarios for the upcoming qualifiers for next seasons champions league with whoever wins this competition?

I have a soft spot for Montrose as my grandad and dad were Montrose supporters and took me to links park a few times to watch them when I was a nipper.Both will be looking down really proud of their team in beating full time falkirk to fourth and a play off spot.

Before every World Cup, a review of each country would include stereotypes. It was all a bit of a laugh. I guess those days are gone.

Beglin's comment was harmless enough in this instance.
That's the point though. Those days shouldn't be gone. Harmless, just like Beglin's comment. He certainly shouldn't have had to apologise. Dangerous and very sad path.

Daft question......does it have any bearing whatsoever in our seeding scenarios for the upcoming qualifiers for next seasons champions league with whoever wins this competition?
Only one extremely unlikely outcome could cost us our seeding in Q3. Chelsea win CL, Chelsea also fail to finish in top 4, and Copenhagen win Danish league. So to summarise, no. :))

Tactically, tonight City reminded me of the way we lineup in Europe.
Long periods without the ball but compact and solid and then broke with great pace and precision.

Back