Tulle Inn Balloch

No it hasn't.

It has always been a mixed area. Vale of Leven pretty mixed. No real dominant Tim area. Mixed in schemes like Haldane, Renton and up the hill. The Vale hasn't changed in the 38 years I've lived here.

Many years ago, my dear departed Granny, used to stay in Woodburn Avenue in the Haldane.
She had an end terraced house, and the New Year's ( as a youngster) were tremendous, as in the row of 8 houses all the families were Rangers supporting protestants.
A Congo would start in my Gran's to the song " We've got number one Peter McCloy...." , and culminate at the bottom house.
Then everyone would do the route in reverse and have a drink in each others houses, finishing at my Gran's.
One Tim family were granted a house when one of the occupants died, and made life hell for the good people left.
Wasn't long before people were asking for transfers, and that great wee community disbanded.

Last edited:
Usually used it for a game of pool when home.
Got a few mates who drink in the doghouse up the road and the rest usually Dawson's.

I don't particularly like the dog house and will now be very unlikely to return to that place.

Dawson's will benefit most from that bit of social media marketing I think.

Some daft wean has been allowed access to their social media. If it has been removed quickly, then obviously doesn't reflect the views of the management.

Regardless, the whole of West Dunbartonshire has descended into a mentally challenged hell hole anyway.

The council main offices even planted a Catalonia flag during their 'referendum' last year.
I expect you'll find the good people keep themselves to themselves.
And the usual unwashed, yesser, mentally challenged, leftie scum or any mix thereof just shout the loudest.
Online. Offline. Inside or outside.

I'm sure it's not unique to the Vale or West Dunbartonshire.

Some daft wean has been allowed access to their social media. If it has been removed quickly, then obviously doesn't reflect the views of the management.

Regardless, the whole of West Dunbartonshire has descended into a mentally challenged hell hole anyway.

The council main offices even planted a Catalonia flag during their 'referendum' last year.
Complete nonsense. There are 4 Rangers buses leave from the vale and I believe 1 mentally challenged bus from Fentons. Places like the vale, Balloch, Old kilpatrick would all have more bears in them. Clydebank and parts of Dumbarton are mentally challenged hell holes. I'll give you that.

Complete nonsense. There are 4 Rangers buses leave from the vale and I believe 1 mentally challenged bus from Fentons. Places like the vale, Balloch, Old kilpatrick would all have more bears in them. Clydebank and parts of Dumbarton are mentally challenged hell holes. I'll give you that.

What's the 4 buses mate?

The vale bus leaves from the masonic. Picks up at the ovb, dumbarton masonic and stags head. The john greig loyal leaves from the OVB and follows a similair route but has an hours stop at the bay inn at Bowling for a light refreshment :D
Thanks buddy.

I was over for a couple of games Aug/Sept last year, got the bus from the Vale Masonic, I thought that was the Vale Bowling club bus.

Many years ago, my dear departed Granny, used to stay in Jamestown Avenue in the Haldane.
She had an end terraced house, and the New Year's ( as a youngster) were tremendous, as in the row of 8 houses all the families were Rangers supporting protestants.
A Congo would start in my Gran's to the song " We've got number one Peter McCloy...." , and culminate at the bottom house.
Then everyone would do the route in reverse and have a drink in each others houses, finishing at my Gran's.
One Tim family were granted a house when one of the occupants died, and made life hell for the good people left.
Wasn't long before people were asking for transfers, and that great wee community disbanded.
Your memory is playing tricks on you,I'm betting you mean Woodburn Avenue in the Haldane:)

The vale bus leaves from the masonic. Picks up at the ovb, dumbarton masonic and stags head. The john greig loyal leaves from the OVB and follows a similair route but has an hours stop at the bay inn at Bowling for a light refreshment :D

Mon the JGL!!

"Join us from 12 when We'll be showing Celtic having a title party. Kick off 12 30". Complete with shamrock and #7inarow. Been removed but we have screen grabs. Boycott this shitehole bears, especially local bears.
I know a couple of tarries who work in the Kitchen, maybe the boy responsible for the social media side of it left his mobile lying about.

I'd never set foot in the place regardless.

I know a couple of tarries who work in the Kitchen, maybe the boy responsible for the social media side of it left his mobile lying about.

I'd never set foot in the place regardless.
You know it makes sense. These fannies need taught a lesson, hit them in the pocket.

Always makes me sad to hear what Clydebank has become. Was pretty much 50:50 in my day. The Atlantas bus was my first experience of mad bunch of Bears

Your memory is playing tricks on you,I'm betting you mean Woodburn Avenue in the Haldane:)

The Haldane was great place to grow up in back in the 60's/70's I used to travel on the old Strathleven bus from Balloch back then...........as featured in the Rangers Official History with Lex MacLean travelling on it................'come and have a go with the Ibrox aggro'..............lol...............those were the days.............Doc Martins & Levi Stay-Press..............

The Haldane was great place to grow up in back in the 60's/70's I used to travel on the old Strathleven bus from Balloch back then...........as featured in the Rangers Official History with Lex MacLean travelling on it................'come and have a go with the Ibrox aggro'..............lol...............those were the days.............Doc Martins & Levi Stay-Press..............
Used to go on that bus myself!

I was born in the Haldane.

Cook Rd Derry ya bass.:D

Born in the Haldane as well.

You seem to know the area well.
Maybe you could shed some light on the Rangers and Balloch disappearance.
I do wonder where he could have gone.
Maybe he lost his memory and is right here on this thread with us.
I see him often, still goes to the games, still has a S/T, just doesn't have as much spare time to spend umpteen hours a day like he used to on here due to life circumstances.

More likely he's lost his marbles:D

No it hasn't.

It has always been a mixed area. Vale of Leven pretty mixed. No real dominant Tim area. Mixed in schemes like Haldane, Renton and up the hill. The Vale hasn't changed in the 38 years I've lived here.

Dumbarton has always been a more Celtic minded town but Dumbarton East has the town's main blue boozer (Stags Head) which is also the main pub for Dumbarton fans pre/post game.

Clydebank is also skewed towards them.

Dumbarton is the worst due to its pubs - Lennox and Burgh are both slop houses and they have the Harp club on the high street beside the bell centre. Dumbarton also has the Catholic secondary school covering Vale of Leven, Dumbarton and Helensburgh - each has it's own non-dom school.

:D Gents, I fear you may have taken my off the cuff comment a bit too seriously. I have lived or worked in the area most of my life too. I know there are many good people in WDC. Maybe I should have put it differently and said that there are too many of them in the area for my liking. But to be honest, one is one too many.

Has anyone ever driven through Duntocher on a day they are playing. :eek::D:D

A wee story about the Tullie from back in the day, which probably deserves an airing in this thread…………………a well known local Rangers man (we’ll call him Billy) who had a fondness for the whisky used to frequent the bar there. I’ve no idea if the bar still exists but the entrance door faced the railway line at that time. Anyway in the mid 90’s when the Gers were sweeping all before them Billy was in the bar around lunchtime on a nice summer Balloch day. He quickly sussed there was a rabid across the bar so started to wind him up, Billy was an expert at this. After a few more whisky’s and pot shots across the bar, the rabid lost it only to be thrown out by the barman, with Billy quietly chuckling to himself, mission accomplished, or so he thought.

After another couple of half’s Billy decides to it’s home time and starts to head east over the old Balloch bridge across the Leven. But the bridge was blocked, traffic at a standtill, pedestrians crowding for a look at what was going on & a couple of Polis cars and an ambulance thrown in for good measure. Unable to see what the problem is, Billy made his way through the throng only to see the aforementioned rabid sitting on top of the bridge girder threatening to jump into the Leven, a mind numbing 25 feet below! As soon as Billy recognized the tim he yelled out, ‘Jump ya useless bastard – ye canny even get that right’…………so………………….he did! Mission finally accomplished.

Two polis grabbed Billy and marched him to their vehicle. The tim had was physically fine but still mentally deranged & I believe lifted for breach of the peace. Billy was let go by the polis who were then have a good laugh about it and told to behave himself on the way home, which he did.

I see him often, still goes to the games, still has a S/T, just doesn't have as much spare time to spend umpteen hours a day like he used to on here due to life circumstances.

More likely he's lost his marbles:D

He must have the old codger. He was dishing out cost price UEFA cup final tickets if memory serves me right,
While some Gypo tout was charging his son 400 odd quid.
:oops:

I played the Tullie with my band a few years ago, staff were ignorant twats and the place was full of tims.

Avoid!

A wee story about the Tullie from back in the day, which probably deserves an airing in this thread…………………a well known local Rangers man (we’ll call him Billy) who had a fondness for the whisky used to frequent the bar there. I’ve no idea if the bar still exists but the entrance door faced the railway line at that time. Anyway in the mid 90’s when the Gers were sweeping all before them Billy was in the bar around lunchtime on a nice summer Balloch day. He quickly sussed there was a rabid across the bar so started to wind him up, Billy was an expert at this. After a few more whisky’s and pot shots across the bar, the rabid lost it only to be thrown out by the barman, with Billy quietly chuckling to himself, mission accomplished, or so he thought.

After another couple of half’s Billy decides to it’s home time and starts to head east over the old Balloch bridge across the Leven. But the bridge was blocked, traffic at a standtill, pedestrians crowding for a look at what was going on & a couple of Polis cars and an ambulance thrown in for good measure. Unable to see what the problem is, Billy made his way through the throng only to see the aforementioned rabid sitting on top of the bridge girder threatening to jump into the Leven, a mind numbing 25 feet below! As soon as Billy recognized the tim he yelled out, ‘Jump ya useless bastard – ye canny even get that right’…………so………………….he did! Mission finally accomplished.

Two polis grabbed Billy and marched him to their vehicle. The tim had was physically fine but still mentally deranged & I believe lifted for breach of the peace. Billy was let go by the polis who were then have a good laugh about it and told to behave himself on the way home, which he did.
The bar was called waders that used to have the entrance facing the station. Been shut for years. Got one of my first ever pints in it for about £1.60 :D

Back