UEFA Aplogise To Rangers Fans

UEFA clearly didn't give 2 sh!ts for our fans - I would suggest the only reason for shutting the kiosks was to avert the risks of anything being thrown onto the pitch.

I'm NOT suggesting that's what would have happened but you can imagine UEFA's thought process and how they wish to preserve their product for the global TV market.

Cvnts.
You are right!
More concerned about their own image (what’s left of it) rather than health of fans.
Disgusting disrespectful corrupt organization.

The Euro Superleague breakaway thing did it all wrong but its coming… hopefully UEFA’s days are numbered. And perhaps the great Glasgow Rangers will be invited to the party because people in Europe know what we bring…

The lady in our Taxi waited 1 hour inside the stadium to get served and was then told they had no water left. Temperatures of 38 degrees and they had run out of bloody water, while the security guards walked about with packs of water for their own consumption. UEFA's apologies mean sod all. A major European Cup Final and they can't get the simple commodities like suppling water right.

Did the German's have the same problems ?
Yes, the Frankfurt players were throwing water to their fans.

Last edited:
We were in the top tier of the stand across from the main stand and waited over an hour and a half in a queue, pre-match for water and something to drink and eat. By the time we got to the front, there was no water, or soft drinks left. We have up. Had to soak my head in water in the toilets and drink from the tap.

IMG-20220518-192315.jpg
[/url]

This is the point the club should be pursuing. They managed to somehow get in with pyro but we had kids getting inflatable Europa cups taken off them and put in the bin along withany other things like water and chargers. An absolute disgrace and we should be demanding an enquiry on this along with the allocation of tickets but that's another story.
This needs to happen. The more we are hearing the worse it gets. The treatment of our support over there versus the Germans was nothing short of disgusting.

Rangers really need to take them to task on this.

Partial refunds for poor facilities and costs for the battery packs etc.

If the boot was on the other foot.

I know needs must, but has to be dangerous drinking tap water in Spain, maybe that's why they turned it off. Unlikely to be drinking water.
I was served tap water in bars so took the chance with tap water in hotel room after 3 mile walk after the game. Seems the tap water is safe here. Wouldn't be so confident about tap water from a public lavvy having said that

@Greg Marshall is there any way for us to claim for items thrown in the bin by the police? Or do we just need to go through travel insurance?
We should be compensated as items thrown in bin were not disallowed and when looking at our insurance policy their is an excess, why mascara lipstick and 50mls factor 50 tossed

The club should come out with a list of answers in time.
Why were the Germans allowed all their tifo etc.
Why was fans health and safety jeopardised with no water or drinks.
Why did UEFA approve items, and Spanish police confiscated them.
And a lot more besides
Wouldn't hold my breath in all honesty.

How many times do we have to say this

The club and SLO know what went on at the ground so this pathetic attempt of apology is unacceptable

People were fainting due to no water, heat and probably alcohol but when you have a 9.00 pm KO its no wonder some people maybe had couple too many but not having adequate supplies of water and then turning off tap water is dangerous to public safety

Seriously UEFA and the stadium organisers and police match commander should all be held to account

The safety in the stadium with pathetic bench type seating is an accident waiting to happen

5 star stadium to be able to host a Euro final !!

No chance that shithole would get a 1 star rating

A fucking disgrace

The club must take this up with UEFA and the bit about personal possessions like power banks being confiscated is ridiculous

If you need a smart phone powered to gain access via a device you need to allow fans to have power banks to ensure they had phone charge

The amount of people who struggled to get home due to no phones would have been unreal

Time for the club to really get tough on UEFA

They are a shower of corrupt cuunts

Seriously lucky there were no serious injuries (people hospitalised) or even worse.

It was blistering hot all day. Even the small off the street bars/tapas has the decency to hand out free water.

Rangers should be chasing UEFA over this.

If you booked via credit card are their grounds to recoup your money? Surely not having the facilities means it wasn't fit for purpose?

Without doubt the two sets of supporters received different levels of Spanish and Seville city hospitality. No need for Uefa Apartheid attitudes and the Brexit punishment mentality.

Seriously lucky there were no serious injuries (people hospitalised) or even worse.

It was blistering hot all day. Even the small off the street bars/tapas has the decency to hand out free water.

Rangers should be chasing UEFA over this.
This I have to see!!!!

Totally agree, mate. Yesterday I arrived in seville at 11 had walked about 30k steps drinking 4/5 litres of water(no alcohol) by the time I got to the stadium I needed another 1 to 2 litres as clearly dehydrated again. Now that's me, God help the fans who had been on the swally, they must have had headaches and all sorts due to no water.

Said it during the game, they have water breaks on the pitch due to temps but in the stadium they never had the decency to firstly have the kiosk stocked and open but ideally they should have put on free water.Buttons to UEFAs profits....
Spot on. Water should have been free and distribute. Utter disgrace.

@Greg Marshall is there any way for us to claim for items thrown in the bin by the police? Or do we just need to go through travel insurance?
There are so many issues that need officially addressing from within our club.

Don't hide from this Greig, supporters that have had personal items, wrongly taken from them, need an official route through our club, to claim compensation from UEFA.

For a major European Cup Final, the treatment of our fans and it has to be said, also the Germans was nothing short of diabolical and that's putting it lightly.

Last edited:
We should be compensated as items thrown in bin were not disallowed and when looking at our insurance policy their is an excess, why mascara lipstick and 50mls factor 50 tossed
I had a £90 magnetic phone charger and AirPods Pro, thrown in the bin. Absolute joke

There are so many issues that need officially addressing from within our club.

Don't hide from this Greig, supporters that have had personal items, wrongly taken from them, need an official route through our club, to claim compensation from UEFA.

For a major European Cup Final, the treatment of our fans and it has to be said, also the Germans was nothing short of diabolical and that's putting it lightly for
and made/Had to walk in 35/40 degrees heat for an hour both ways :D

As soon as reports came out about fans getting stuff taken off them that was stated to be allowed and the lack of water, representatives of the clubs should have been down liaising with key members of UEFA and stadium staff to try and resolve the issues. Instead, as far as I could see, they all just sat in the corporate boxes doing nothing.

Didn’t see a single rangers rep from the kettled area right to getting to the seat.

All the staff who were given tickets should have been outside the ground helping. At the very least rangers should have organised a locker area for people to put belongings rather than them being binned

I’m not going to waste my time emailing UEFA, I’m going to waste my time emailing Hancock tyres instead.

They appear to have been the main sponsor on the night handing out those tacky free hats. They can’t be happy being associated with that shambles.

Edit. Hankook tires. Main partner Europa League.

Last edited:
Didn’t see a single rangers rep from the kettled area right to getting to the seat.

All the staff who were given tickets should have been outside the ground helping. At the very least rangers should have organised a locker area for people to put belongings rather than them being binned
There was one lady with a Scottish accent,wearing a “visiting fans” bib at the Section D turnstiles.
She was getting people to calm down as their stuff was getting tossed in the bins,she knew the treatment was wrong,but had no authority to intervene.
Other than her,no one else from the club was visible.This was around 6pm just when they turnstiles opened.Not sure why there wasn’t a Rangers security presence at the turnstiles for opening time? (there usually is).
We actually went to the entrances really early.A crowd of people were all there sitting in the shade,chatting away for a while about 15m from the turnstiles.
Just before six as they opened the turnstiles people walked up to go in.
We were all herded back by police on horses and they made us walk about 400m back to the top of the street to stand for a few minutes.A couple of people who had just turned up thought it would be OK just to walk up the street to the turnstiles and they just got themselves kettled by police on horses.
The usual,shambolic lack of organisation,fans treated poorly.
It never changes.

As long as there is a culture of back handers and dodgy brown envelopes poor stadiums will still get awarded these finals.

It’s not.

I saw it with my own eyes. The Frankfurt fans were jumping into the kiosk and grabbing water. They were smashing the barrier and the police stepped in and hit them.

Either way it’s a disgrace what happened.
So it was the Frankfurt fans who assaulted the kiosk staff? Not very clear from the BBC article which has “Rangers fans” in the heading. This type of reporting is to be expected from BBC Scotland.

It’s not.

I saw it with my own eyes. The Frankfurt fans were jumping into the kiosk and grabbing water. They were smashing the barrier and the police stepped in and hit them.

Either way it’s a disgrace what happened.
So Frankfurt fans, not Rangers fans as the article headline suggests. Also the taps were not working after the match as my dad went in to try.

Most of the kiosks were never opened in the first place

Liars

@Greg Marshall

Their claims are lies and misrepresenting it.

You know full well there were multiple shops that never opened. Nobody ever arrived to work this one next to ladies toilet in upper tier.

This needs to happen. The more we are hearing the worse it gets. The treatment of our support over there versus the Germans was nothing short of disgusting.

Stewart Robertson thought it was fine. I guess some people are just never happy.

So it was the Frankfurt fans who assaulted the kiosk staff? Not very clear from the BBC article which has “Rangers fans” in the heading. This type of reporting is to be expected from BBC Scotland.

Of course its to be expected and you can expect no comment from Rangers.

There was a locker section outside the first lot of scammers apparently, but nothing to let anyone know that. I know someone had a bag full of clothes, he was scanned and let through, got to the next lot of police with the searches and they told him he wasn’t allowed in with it and to put it in the lockers but the lockers were outside so once scanned you can’t get out and back in again so just had to ditch the bag full of everything.

There was a locker section outside the first lot of scammers apparently, but nothing to let anyone know that. I know someone had a bag full of clothes, he was scanned and let through, got to the next lot of police with the searches and they told him he wasn’t allowed in with it and to put it in the lockers but the lockers were outside so once scanned you can’t get out and back in again so just had to ditch the bag full of everything.

Never seen that area but not surprising when people were kettled 100 yards from the stadium. That’s where rangers staff should have been on standby to say where these things were. I might be being harsh on the SLO and the rest of the rangers security staff but I really don’t see what they did the week before on the reccy of the stadium to assist what would have to the fans on the night.

Back