UEFA cup final 2008

Must have looked right of place with jackets on. It was about 30 degrees :D
Haha yes, however when I realised we were in the Zenit end it was a strategy to get in. There is a longer story in the book someone did. My ginger mate got turned away as I got in. He eventually got let in as hundreds were getting turned away.

Woke up the morning of the game with the sorest back I've ever had in my life. Watched it on the sofa and could barely move. Kept thinking if that we scored I'd be sat on my arse and not jumping around like a shithouse monkey.

I was 15 and wasn't in any of the ballots. Can only hope to Christ that I see it again in my lifetime.

Slept on the lounge floor in the Black Lion in Salford for two nights, surreal experience and one that will live with me forever. Loved the build up and was at Picadilly the night before and pre match. I had a sense things were going to kick off around 4pm on Final night simply because the GMP kept asking how many more bears are coming down, they sounded panicky and drafted more resources from Bolton, Wigan and around the North West.

I've my own opinion on why the screen went down but it's not for this thread
. I didn't have a ticket so made my way back to the Black Lion and watched the game in my so called bedroom with a case of Carling. Gutted at the outcome but I loved the whole experience. I've never watched the game back neither. Don't think I can tbh. As for the song from the Foo Fighters, everytime I hear it, it takes me back to Manchester in 2008.

Please share? I'd be interested to hear PB!

Back