UEFA warn fines on card for teams whose players remove drinks during press conferences

I like Ronaldo. I like Coca-Cola. However, a bottle of Coke sitting in front of Ronaldo isn't going to make me drink it, nor would him removing it stop me drinking it. Are people really so easily influenced? Coca-Cola have had publicity beyond their wildest dreams and as the old saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I like Ronaldo. I like Coca-Cola. However, a bottle of Coke sitting in front of Ronaldo isn't going to make me drink it, nor would him removing it stop me drinking it. Are people really so easily influenced? Coca-Cola have had publicity beyond their wildest dreams and as the old saying goes, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
I think for a company that when billions are lost on the stock Exchange that’s generally considered bad news.

What has this got to do with the rest of your post?
Good. Bunch of fuking snow flakes!

These are competition sponsors. We live in the west remember, not the middle East.
West or East doesnt matter the world isn't countries its companies

Unfortunately coke are one of the super powers but I dont see how players removing drinks harms these companies and as above uefa are wanks

UEFA needs to watch themselves. People have long grown tired of their draconian bollocks. Dishing out fines for removing a bottle of cola....

Get fucked.

It’s not about coverage, it’s about the message.

Ronaldo appears at a press conference telling the world not to drink Coca-Cola.

There’s impressionable kids around the world who idolise him who now think it’s uncool to drink it.

That’s why they’re raging.

"There's no so such thing as bad publicity."

What about when the most famous athlete on the planet calls your product shite water? OK that's bad publicity.

I think for a company that when billions are lost on the stock Exchange that’s generally considered bad news.
Really? Thanks for the sarcasm. For perspective, the billions they 'lost' equates to around 2%. Company value dropped from $242b to $237b. It's currently still very close to a 52 week high and up almost 8% in the past 3 months. They've already recovered 0.5% (over $1b) of the 'loss'. Wouldnt be surprised to see them recover it all, if not more, within a week.

Fining multi millionaire footballers lol seems a bit pointless to me.

As the OP says, the players should just refuse to do the press conferences if they are forced to advertise products they have an issue with. That will soon see the end of this stupidity of placing bottles in front of them.

Stick to the sponsor board behind them.

As the OP says, the players should just refuse to do the press conferences if they are forced to advertise products they have an issue with. That will soon see the end of this stupidity of placing bottles in front of them.

neither CR7 or Pogba ever said or did anything while playing in the Champs League with the likes of Heineken & Pepsi sponsoring them.............as it helps pay their club wages. Pogba definitely did it cos he saw the CR7 do it and knew he'd get the publicity, views and likes from it.

fake morality :rolleyes:

I’ll go agains the grain here , I actually still quite enjoy a Coca Cola , full fat , especially from the wee glass bottles . Does this make me a bad person
If your white spend your money elsewhere, they hate whites. Google it, truly racist disgusting company

I dont know about Pogba, but isnt Ronaldo sponsored by Pepsi? Might have something to do with him moving the coke bottles, probably a few extra notes in his Pepsi pay packet next week.

Their morality is absolutely nonsense. Guys like Ronaldo and Pogba get paid millions sponsoring all kinds of things throughout their career, I’m pretty sure if they study them all then there will be loads that could be classed as dubious in their practices.

At the end of the day, companies, clubs, tournaments, etc all need sponsors and they pay good money to have their products advertised.

Will these players have similar issues with their own club sponsors?? Something tells me not.

I wonder how UEFA would respond if they fined a player for moving a bottle of coke and the player replied “I can’t justify a company that uses slave labor in China to produce their product”
They would probably point to his boot deal and call him a hypocrite.

Their morality is absolutely nonsense. Guys like Ronaldo and Pogba get paid millions sponsoring all kinds of things throughout their career, I’m pretty sure if they study them all then there will be loads that could be classed as dubious in their practices.

At the end of the day, companies, clubs, tournaments, etc all need sponsors and they pay good money to have their products advertised.

Will these players have similar issues with their own club sponsors?? Something tells me not.
I suspect the motivating factor behind Ronaldo removing the Coke bottles may not have been any great crusade against the dangers of excessively sugary drinks or the evils of global corporatism so much as it was simply that he was unhappy at having his own image associated with a product that weren’t personally paying him for the privilege.

It’s not about coverage, it’s about the message.

Ronaldo appears at a press conference telling the world not to drink Coca-Cola.

There’s impressionable kids around the world who idolise him who now think it’s uncool to drink it.

That’s why they’re raging.
It's a poison, Ronaldo is correct.

Even if he is a total hypocrite and it would appear beyond doubt he is, he still has a point.

What a lot of shite. Whether you hate uefa or not these companies are paying money to advertise their products and the players should respect that. How can a player be so pathetic that they have an issue with a drink? If you don’t like it have a drink of something else before you sit down. They are all happy to take sponsors money, fecking pussy chancers

Do they even need bottles out? Why not just add the logo to the back panels like others?

Do a deal with Buxton water then UEFA.

first world problems eh.

I can totally understand why players have an issue with it. If they’re giving a press conference with bottles sitting in front of them, it’s being done to give the impression that the player is personally endorsing Coca Cola, even though in actuality the player has nothing to do with it. I can completely understand why Ronaldo would feel like he’s being used seeing as he’s not the one with a deal with Coca Cola.

It would be like one of us playing in a tournament sponsored by Sports Direct doing pressers with SD mugs in front of us. Although we’d have no actual deal with SD, we (rightly) wouldn’t be happy to be seen to endorse a company we have issues with.

Ronaldo seemed pretty spontaneous which was fair enough. Pogba following suit was just a publicity stunt by that throbber.

They should look behind them next time they do an interview and see the countless brands that are getting advertised.

The whole world has officially reached peak sad-sack.

The exact position of two bottles of fizzy-pop on a table is now headline news.

Everyone involved just comes out of this looking dumber than they did just 24 hours earlier. Even me, for getting annoyed enough to comment on it. Dumbass.

The last time I heard this much about a sponsor was Brock Lesnar mentioning Coors Light after battering Frank Mir. Even that big bastard ended up with a Bud Light sitting in front of him later to make amends.

Compare and contrast how quickly they moved to deal with sponsor issues versus the time it takes them to deal with racist incidents

1 involves investigation, the other involves saying "oi, stop moving that bottle pop"

Hardly the same or worth mentioning.

Fine the individual, not the team. The competition wouldn't get off the ground without sponsors money.

Immature little footballers need to grow up and stop being so hypocritical.

Back