UEFA warn fines on card for teams whose players remove drinks during press conferences

All the players are hypocritical scumbags imo. How many of them are sponsored by sports brands who basically use slaves to make their clothes? Happy to take that money but can't sit because a bottle of coke or a non alcoholic beer.

Stop your pretend caring.

Honestly think ronaldo would’ve done it because he’s sponsored by Pepsi and then pogba would’ve done it to copy ronaldo.

As others have said they get paid millions to be sponsored by unethical companies and don’t have an issue.

Not true, the share price was falling before that happened for a number of reasons , I saw an interview with an American stockbroker who said that American investors would take no notice of what happened over at a European football match.

It’s also with pointing out that that Coke own the water brand that Ronaldo replaced the bottles with.
Ignore my previous post. Did not know this!

Are coca cola not benefiting from all the extra publicity, most folk watch a press conference to hear what is said,not look at the logos surrounding the players

gnIHfss.jpg

:cool:

Not true, the share price was falling before that happened for a number of reasons , I saw an interview with an American stockbroker who said that American investors would take no notice of what happened over at a European football match.

It’s also with pointing out that that Coke own the water brand that Ronaldo replaced the bottles with.
Well in this shitty world of ours where we have social media ‘influencers’ who get paid stupid money, I don’t know one of them.

Then you look at Ronaldo who has 271 million Instagram followers. I think the American stockbroker was just being, well American.

I know he’s a hypocrite with what he’s done in the past, maybe this is him maturing and getting a conscience with age.

If someone’s religious beliefs make them feel they can’t endorse alcohol or gambling that should be respected. UEFA may lose on this, it’s a human right to practice your religion without interference.

It was alcohol free.

Doesnt matter, it’s an alcohol company. If he is totally against alcohol on religious grounds then why should he endorse a company that makes it? It’s unethical to put an alcohol brand in front of a Muslim player if he is that devout.

He gets a share of the money the Portuguese F.A. gets from UEFA for taking part - revenue partially raised by sponsorship.

So unless he gives his share to charity (he might) then he does.
Not quite the same having control of what you are endorsing and the amount you get paid is totally different. Say for example you don’t agree with Alcohol and you are made to have a bottle of beer in front of you it looks like your endorsing it by association then you have no control.( I know it was alcohol free)

Not quite the same having control of what you are endorsing and the amount you get paid is totally different. Say for example you don’t agree with Alcohol and you are made to have a bottle of beer in front of you it looks like your endorsing it by association then you have no control.( I know it was alcohol free)

Tough shit.

Players like Ronaldo are complete hypocrites. Do they not realise it’s companies like coke that have been paying his wages during his career

I dont see how UEFA can fine anyone for not wanting to be associated with any particular product or brand, unless there's a contractual requirement, and the fine is an agreed penalty within the contract for breaches of said contract.
They all profit from sponsorship. If they are sponsored by Nike should they remove Adidas objects? If course not. This is virtue signaling at its best. Good for anyone who drinks water keeps fit bla bla but sponsorship pays for prize money etc. They are contracted to participate in pressers. If they want to go outside and say what they want, that's fine but in the official presser, just do your job. I don't give a toss what you drink, you don't influence me in any way

Get fucked ya shower of corrupt bastards. And good on the players who removed that poisonous shite during interviews.

Doesnt matter, it’s an alcohol company. If he is totally against alcohol on religious grounds then why should he endorse a company that makes it? It’s unethical to put an alcohol brand in front of a Muslim player if he is that devout.
Rubbish, I've seen plenty of muslims drinking alcohol free beer.

He could decline to play in the tournament as it is sponsored by then.

Heineken have had to clarify in some countries “Heineken 0.0 is strictly for non-Muslims, aged 21 and above”
He's from France...

If it's about the mere presence of a brand that is associated with Alcohol (I use the term loosely) then why aren't their mosques & leaders demanding all muslims stop selling alcohol in their shops?

Have you seen Pogba do it? Because if not that's completely irrelevant
He is participating in a tournament sponsored by the company and is surrounded by their logo, isn't that relevant? He's quite happy to take the cash from them. Not going to agree on this so not wasting any more energy discussing it.

He is participating in a tournament sponsored by the company and is surrounded by their logo, isn't that relevant? He's quite happy to take the cash from them. Not going to agree on this so not wasting any more energy discussing it.

What cash is he getting from the sponsors of the tournament?

Why are you so against someone who does not drink alcohol for religious reasons moving an alcoholic brand from in front of him?

What cash is he getting from the sponsors of the tournament?

Why are you so against someone who does not drink alcohol for religious reasons moving an alcoholic brand from in front of him?
He plays football in the CL. Same brand are a major sponsor.

He doesn't seem to have a problem taking to the field of play in that comp.

$4 Billion off their stock price after Ronaldo pulled the bottles.

I'm not surprised!

Who’d have thought that Ronaldo pulling bottles of Coke made share prices drop for everyone. (Not just Coke)

Would suggest that it’s purely coincidence. And Ronaldo wasn’t the sole reason for Coke’s drop in share price.

Who’d have thought that Ronaldo pulling bottles of Coke made share prices drop for everyone. (Not just Coke)

Would suggest that it’s purely coincidence. And Ronaldo wasn’t the sole reason for Coke’s drop in share price.
See my post immediately after the one you replied to.

What a lot of shite. Whether you hate uefa or not these companies are paying money to advertise their products and the players should respect that. How can a player be so pathetic that they have an issue with a drink? If you don’t like it have a drink of something else before you sit down. They are all happy to take sponsors money, fecking pussy chancers

Nope. I'm with the players. It's them that are drawing the views in, not UEFA or whoever - if I was a player I wouldn't allow them to use me to advertise products I took issue with so they could make money off of me.

UEFA can have their product on the table and it won't get moved if the player isn't there, problem solved. Oh, except it doesn't get the exposure because the player doesn't do the press conference.

Nope. I'm with the players. It's them that are drawing the views in, not UEFA or whoever - if I was a player I wouldn't allow them to use me to advertise products I took issue with so they could make money off of me.

UEFA can have their product on the table and it won't get moved if the player isn't there, problem solved. Oh, except it doesn't get the exposure because the player doesn't do the press conference.
You may have the cart before the horse. Corporations like Coca-Cola can exist completely separate from football. They don't NEED football. Coca-Cola was immensely successful before football, and if they stopped advertising via football right now, their market share is so established that their profits would see little dip.
As with any of the fortune 500 corps that advertise with the sport, I would imagine.
However, global football, needs media, and with few exceptions, media need advertising dollars.
TV deals help to pay player salaries, like Ronaldo's, and fund parent organizations which fall under FIFA, UEFA...etc.
You see the symbiosis? You see, no sponsors, no media. No media, no massive, state of the art stadiums and multi-million dollar salaries.
Ronaldo would be just another man playing playing a child's game for his share off a 20% cut of gate receipts.

Moral of the story...don't be a prick. Don't bite the hand that LITERALLY feeds you.
Ronaldo is a prick.

I find it ironic how players are taking the moral high ground having made fortunes on the back of these companies sponsoring competitions.

Never read so much shite in all my life

I find it ironic how players are taking the moral high ground having made fortunes on the back of these companies sponsoring competitions.
Spot on. Given that UEFA pay money back to national FAs that then helps to fund grass roots football shame on the spoiled brats. Not for a minute do I say UEFA are not a bunch of arseholes but feck these privileged spoiled brats

Back