Under The Cosh Podcast Mark Hateley

John Parkin and Chris Brown are brilliant on this podcast. I'd give all their older guests a listen to as well.
Parkin does get a bit tiresome trying to squeeze in a gag about some kind of “dressing room poo” related incident every show.

Think my favourite might have been with Martin Allen, who managed loads of lower league teams, a genuine fruit case, great laugh.

Unstaunch i know but i Really enjoyed Si Ferry and Paul Caddis telling stories about Di Canio when he was their manager, Di Canio was/is an absolute lunatic
It was all stories you would have heard up here already through the open goal podcasts but Ferry does tell a good story so it was a funny one to hear and my mates down here in London were laughing like %^*& about that one and sending me link

It’s a brilliant podcast, the only one apart from H&H that I pay for.

So many great episodes on there.

The Ferry ones are hilarious, and the recent Jason McAteer is a great listen as well.

The first one I listened to was Mark Crossley, ex Forest keeper on Clough; “Shithouse!” - a classic :D

They are doing a show in glee comedy club in glasgow on 21st April.

The guest bizarrely is paddy Kenny the Sheffield utd goalie.

Read about it in the book.
He doesn't mention it once funnily enough. But he is so up himself it is unreal... He made McCoist become the goalscorer he was and Souness wanted to take him to Liverpool with him to sort out the dressing room were just two of his stories.

Was a decent listen though. Not great.

My favourite podcast with one of my favourite players from my favourite era of football. Can’t wait.

Thought the Jason McAteer one recently was one of the best, you just can’t beat that mid-late 90s era, especially around World Cup 98. Pop culture was booming.
Mark Crossley one is tremendous

It’s a brilliant podcast, the only one apart from H&H that I pay for.

So many great episodes on there.

The Ferry ones are hilarious, and the recent Jason McAteer is a great listen as well.

The first one I listened to was Mark Crossley, ex Forest keeper on Clough; “Shithouse!” - a classic :D
Making him play for his sons Sunday league team then docking his wages when they were fined for playing a ringer still gets me

My favourite podcast with one of my favourite players from my favourite era of football. Can’t wait.

Thought the Jason McAteer one recently was one of the best, you just can’t beat that mid-late 90s era, especially around World Cup 98. Pop culture was booming.
Gave a youth team player a loan of his Ferrari to impress a bird.

How’d it go?

Good yeah shagged her in the motor :))

Last edited:
My favourite podcast watched the Hateley one last night it was a decent watch not a great deal on Rangers more on his time in Italy and France. If youve not watched them the Glen Little, Mark Bicham, Mark Ward, Paddy Kenny ones are a great watch as well

My favourite podcast watched the Hateley one last night it was a decent watch not a great deal on Rangers more on his time in Italy and France. If youve not watched them the Glen Little, Mark Bicham, Mark Ward, Paddy Kenny ones are a great watch as well
The one with the keeper that was at Man United early 2000s was good as well.

He doesn't mention it once funnily enough. But he is so up himself it is unreal... He made McCoist become the goalscorer he was and Souness wanted to take him to Liverpool with him to sort out the dressing room were just two of his stories.

Was a decent listen though. Not great.
Just listened and as much as i loved Hateley as a player, he is a bit of a Billy bullshitter who obviously suffers badly from high self esteem!

Reactions: TNT
Back