Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

I honestly don’t give a %^*& who we offend. It is not a crime to offend someone (yet). We can tone it down for Europe but we should not be bending over trying to appease UEFA with our songs for domestic games. It is %^*& all to do with them.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/human-rights-act/article-10-freedom-expression

Although you have freedom of expression, you also have a duty to behave responsibly and to respect other people’s rights.

Public authorities may restrict this right if they can show that their action is lawful, necessary and proportionate in order to:

• protect national security, territorial integrity (the borders of the state) or public safety
  • prevent disorder or crime
  • protect health or morals
  • protect the rights and reputations of other people
  • prevent the disclosure of information received in confidence
  • maintain the authority and impartiality of judges
An authority may be allowed to restrict your freedom of expression if, for example, you express views that encourage racial or religious hatred.

I don’t think it can change overnight.

There’s no chance we just suddenly stop singing it. There will always be a group that wanna sing it
And if they are deliberately harming the club, and putting singing a song ahead of the club they should be hounded out. Honestly at a loss to think why some clowns will continue singing it now knowing full well it will harm our own club, Gerrard and the board have come out to ask it to be stopped.

If a song is more important to you than Rangers...................

So using your example, if the tramps brought out their 19th Century Terrorist army banner for their Euro games are you then suggesting they'd be charged under the same Article we have been?
Just clarifying what you mean.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/48/23/06/2482306_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Article 14 Racism, other discriminatory conduct and propaganda 1 Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion or ethnic origin, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction. 2 If one or more of a member association or club’s supporters engage in the behaviour described in paragraph 1, the member association or club responsible is punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure. 3 The following disciplinary measures apply in the event of recidivism: a. a second offence is punished with one match played behind closed doors and a fine of € 50,000; b. any subsequent offence is punished with more than one match behind closed doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition. 4 If the circumstances of the case require it, the competent disciplinary body may impose additional disciplinary measures on the member association or club responsible, such as the playing of one or more matches behind closed doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/48/23/06/2482306_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Article 14 Racism, other discriminatory conduct and propaganda
1 Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion or ethnic origin, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

2 If one or more of a member association or club’s supporters engage in the behaviour described in paragraph 1, the member association or club responsible is punished with a minimum of a partial stadium closure.

3 The following disciplinary measures apply in the event of recidivism: a. a second offence is punished with one match played behind closed doors and a fine of € 50,000; b. any subsequent offence is punished with more than one match behind closed doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition.

4 If the circumstances of the case require it, the competent disciplinary body may impose additional disciplinary measures on the member association or club responsible, such as the playing of one or more matches behind closed doors, a stadium closure, the forfeiting of a match, the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition.

I've downloaded the regulations myself, I was asking the poster what he meant or thought!

I honestly don’t give a %^*& who we offend. It is not a crime to offend someone (yet). We can tone it down for Europe but we should not be bending over trying to appease UEFA with our songs for domestic games. It is %^*& all to do with them.

You'd better believe that the SPFL are being pressured into making it something to do with them, especially in light of UEFA's sanctions against us last week.

Anyone with half a brain can see it coming. But staunch, defiance and whataboutery is still order of the day for some. Nuts.

Call me paranoid but I had a feeling years ago that if there was a sign that we'd start to return to what we were before we'd see something like "strict liability" brought in and I don't think it's remotely coincidental that it's happening now. No matter how unjust that is I think it's imperative that if there are people looking for a stick to beat us with we don't voluntarily hand the stick over to them.

And if they are deliberately harming the club, and putting singing a song ahead of the club they should be hounded out. Honestly at a loss to think why some clowns will continue singing it now knowing full well it will harm our own club, Gerrard and the board have come out to ask it to be stopped.

It's worse than harming the Club. Add to that it's the boost it's giving them. I use the word "them" but for fear of those who require clarification and need it spelled out, "them " in this context is celtic, the glitterband, the beasts, the peados, the savillites, the mendicants.
Clear enough?
Every penny we are unable to take in due to part or full stadium closure, helps "them". Money we can't spend on our own progress., Expulsion from Europe would be a total disaster.
Not only are those involved hurting Rangers, they are, at the same time boosting "them"
No "ifs" or "buts" - none, that's exactly what they are doing.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who continues to sing anything about the pope, 19th Century Terrorists, or the ira at a game is an enemy of Rangers and actively trying to harm us.

Perhaps. However, it will keep us in the spotlight. If songs are being sung domestically then it's not a stretch to imagine they'll be heard in Europe. Our opponents can justify reasons for the attention our Euro matches are given by pointing to what's happening at home.

Quality patter. He seriously isn't right either, he's been spouting garbage ever since the punishment was handed out. To describe people wanting these songs to be ditched as "panty wetting", after we've had a partial closure of our ground and have the threat of expulsion from Europe hanging over us, is utterly braindead.
Must have been quality patter was banned for a bit for it I think only post I can think of

What if you're offending our players?

Back