Union Bears Statement on UEFA's decision

I'd just support the calls for us to come together as a club and a support. I don't think there's a serious possibility these songs will be tolerated at Ibrox now, and they are costing the club money we could be using for players or other improvements. Things have moved on and we need to move with it, the writing has been on a wall for a while.

If the support, led by the UBs and other fans organisations and the club can sit down and work out how we can work together to create a world class atmosphere without the offending songs, with some funding and support coming from the club, is that the perfect outcome of this?

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/sectarian-row-chief-married-to-celtic-fan-1-1587410

Sectarian row chief married to Celtic fan

"THE head of the anti-racism watchdog that has provided evidence of sectarianism which could lead to Rangers having to shut Ibrox for European ties is married to an ardent Celtic fan, it has been revealed.
Piara Powar, the executive director of the Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) network, is the husband of Aasmah Mir, the BBC broadcaster who has described herself as an enthusiastic Celtic supporter."

Nobody want TBB tune to go away, I hope.
We need to change the words.
Club
UB
Forum mods
RSC’s

We all have to get together on this and get a new song to an old tune.

Surely this can be done?
I agree with this.

The club and fans should come together and create a football-only version of the tune which keeps what is one of the best chants in football.

"Hello Hello! We are the Rangers boys."

We should work with UEFA and tell them that this is the way we want to procede in order to eradicate discriminatory chanting.
There are full threads on this subject. The song is banned from being sung by Rangers fans in all forms as per directive from uefa in 2006. We lost this fight 13 years ago.

There is no changing words, no appealing it and no way round it. Its a song, it can no longer be used and cannot come back in any capacity; people need to let it go. if we sing it we risk being expelled all together from Europe, and not just this season.

Uefa would rightly just say, to proceed with eradicating discriminatory chanting, just don't chant anything discriminatory.

There are full threads on this subject. The song is banned from being sung by Rangers fans in all forms as per directive from uefa in 2006. We lost this fight 13 years ago.

There is no changing words, no appealing it and no way round it. Its a song, it can no longer be used and cannot come back in any capacity; people need to let it go. if we sing it we risk being expelled all together from Europe, and not just this season.

Uefa would rightly just say, to proceed with eradicating discriminatory chanting, just don't chant anything discriminatory.

I say we speak to UEFA and say we have a new football song based on the tune. A tune is obviously not sectarian.

If the Germans can drop offensive Nazi-era lyrics from their national anthem then I can't see why football fans can't do similar.

I say we speak to UEFA and say we have a new football song based on the tune. A tune is obviously not sectarian.

If the Germans can drop offensive Nazi-era lyrics from their national anthem then I can't see why football fans can't do similar.
We have already spoken to uefa, 13 years ago. The tune is included in the ban as it is deemed to bring connotations of sectarianism when sung by rangers fan. Its in the directive.

I know that seems absurd and people will say that can't be possible, but it is. It's in black and white.

The song is gone

If you're charged with something, it doesnt follow you're convicted. Yet were charged and next thing punished.

Is there not a gap in the chain here?

I'm not talking bout what's went before, it's just starting to sound inevitable and with a lack of club support, unbelievable what's coming our way

I’m not sure you understand but UEFA are the Judge, Jury & Executioner.

That's at position 2 ,in stock replies about this, shame you nearly hit a number one stock reply.
number 1 is whataboutery and number 3 is box clever!

This is about much more than just a few words in a song, it's about who we are and who we are seen to represent and about our very existence.

We could change a few words and then it will be something else and then something else and so on and on and on..
What exactly is it you’re arguing for here? Are you arguing for people to keep singing the songs?

I agree with most of what you said but its only 1 section neing punished, Rangers and the majority on here have already blamed 1 section, we need a serious grown up discussion where the club makr it known to all supporters what is unacceptable
But all i got was 3 generic emails telling my self and my kids we are not wanted because our seats are where we were allocated
Its not 1 section its the whole ground
So we should just close the ground on Thursday?

[QUOTE="No Money No Problems, post

Genuine question here, are you still at school?

I despair at an element of our support, truly despair.[/QUOTE]

You ask such a stupid question and have the audacity to ask me, " if Im still at school"!

You should have attended yourself.

The issue with that would be that it can't be an exhaustive list and had to remain fairly general and not a 'banned song list'.

You only need to look to the Cardoso song which became another IRA referencing ditty in the amount of time it took to get from Glasgow to Luxembourg, or indeed the rise of the stupid Tiffany song.

UEFA are primarily concerned with FTP and ‘19th Century Terrorist’.

The club’s strategy hasn’t worked and it should be open to new ideas.

It looks like there’s a very serious threat in the short-term and everything should be considered.

Surely as rangers fans we can all come together on this and put the club first.
I agree it's unfair to target one section of the crowd,but it's done and we must make sure that we don't find ourselves in this position again.
So let's call a truce,get it sorted and when we manage that,we regroup and attempt to expose the people in scotland who are trying to harm us.
When we have that sorted,I suggest we could start with that nonsence about men in rangers shirts handing out bnp leaflets. Sounds like absolute rubbish to me and I'm sure it could be exposed as a lie

I love all the comments condemning the signing - 90% were signing these songs (maybe missing out some words) like Hello Hello at the old firm games last year. Too many taking the moral high ground. I said it before and will again we just need to change a few words and stick to them.

Dundee Hamilton Fck the pope and the vatican back to Even up to Hampden

Super Rangers no one likes us etc we hate celtic 19th Century Terrorist bstrds to we have celtic - celtic Bstrds

ETC ETC ETC not difficult. They cannot stop you hating your rivals as said many times on here it is just the word 19th Century Terrorist and Pope that they and most of us know are out dated.

There is defo a place for a signing section otherwise we will continue to be a Corporate Ghost Town who only moan at the team......

Worrying times

My disappointing with all this is that it is an attempt to keep the child abuse club out the headlines. They run rings round us and what I mean by 'they' is the well placed people who protect the faith and beliefs at all costs. FARE is far from fair with us but we all know the reason why.

There was no scapegoats that’s the section that was reported. You think Rangers should lose hundreds of thousands of pounds to protect them?
Protect who?
Im saying that all parts of the ground were singing, what happens of it happens on Thursday who will get the blame for that?

There was no scapegoats that’s the section that was reported. You think Rangers should lose hundreds of thousands of pounds to protect them?

It isn't addressing the problem as a good percentage of the support sing the song. Until the support and the club come together there's a high chance it will happen again. People are acting like it wont because the UBs have been removed from the equation.

It isn't addressing the problem as a good percentage of the support sing the song. Until the support and the club come together there's a high chance it will happen again. People are acting like it wont because the UBs have been removed from the equation.
Closing the section was ordered by UEFA. It wasn’t a measure by Rangers to address the problem.

I love all the comments condemning the signing - 90% were signing these songs (maybe missing out some words) like Hello Hello at the old firm games last year. Too many taking the moral high ground. I said it before and will again we just need to change a few words and stick to them.

Super Rangers no one likes us etc we hate celtic 19th Century Terrorist bstrds to we have celtic - celtic Bstrds

ETC ETC ETC not difficult. They cannot stop you hating your rivals as said many times on here it is just the word 19th Century Terrorist and Pope that they and most of us know are out dated.

There is defo a place for a signing section otherwise we will continue to be a Corporate Ghost Town who only moan at the team......

Worrying times
very very naive to think that would work, TBB is completely banned has been for about 13 years, the only to fix it is to drop the few songs that contain add-ons there is a lot less chance of this closure happening again

Protect who?
Im saying that all parts of the ground were singing, what happens of it happens on Thursday who will get the blame for that?
Given the escalation of punishment mandated by Uefa, the whole ground is shut off...
The blame gets attached to the people singing it, this is affecting fans not able to attend now.

My disappointing with all this is that it is an attempt to keep the child abuse club out the headlines. They run rings round us and what I mean by 'they' is the well placed people who protect the faith and beliefs at all costs. FARE is far from fair with us but we all know the reason why.
Yes I agree it is an attempt to cover their arses,but it's not working.
And you will have no doubt seen in other threads,there's good people on here who have contributed to that scandal and it's not going away.
My point being that when we cut off their supply of giving them ammunition to attack us with,then and only then,we can go after them.
Believe me my friend,I want nothing more than these people being exposed for what they are. In this day and age of social media we can get it out there,not with made up stories,but with facts that can be proven to be true,but patience is needed.

Oh christ! This is clearly about so more about us than just singing a song.

It is not. You may have contempt for the people who are reporting us but they're actually adhering to the rules. Until you and others recognise that then we will never push on as a club.

Do not sing about '19th Century Terrorists' or FTP and see what these people can do. If they continue to report us then we can claim injustices.

Honestly FTP, are people living in the dark ages?

It is not. You may have contempt for the people who are reporting us but they're actually adhering to the rules. Until you and others recognise that then we will never push on as a club.

Do not sing about '19th Century Terrorists' or FTP and see what these people can do. If they continue to report us then we can claim injustices.

Honestly FTP, are people living in the dark ages?

I refer you to my earlier reply.

Your replies are dull. Anyone whose response to this is anything other than trying to help the club is not a proper fan in my eyes.

I replied as I did as , its boring saying the same thing to people like you.You are allowed to challenge and ask for answers and question things..

People like me? Rangers fans? People that want the club to prosper and don't give two hoots about hating roman catholics? Yep, patronise me some more but it isn't me being a tube here.

We are all Rangers fans petal.. you aren't special!

Asking questions isn't patronising you, its simply advising you and informing you.. You are allowed to do it.

Now, is that it? If there is nothing else I again refer you to all my other replies.

Asking questions isn't patronising you, its simply advising you and informing you.. You are allowed to do it.

Now, is that it? If there is nothing else I again refer you to all my other replies.

Credit where credit is due, those first two sentences are funny.

I don’t know if this has been posted already but not singing banned songs will have two obvious consequences: first, it’ll avoid further and more damaging punishments from UEFA; secondly, it’ll will remove a stick with which media idiots and others regularly beat us. Nothing will piss them off more than us stopping the songs.

I said on Friday and will say again.

We've been charged, found guilty and sentenced without actually being told what we have allegedly done.

It is assumed what the offending chant/song was..............but, there is no clarity.

We have seen goalposts being moved for years to suit haters agendas - so, to move on, we need ensure there is no ambiguity.

What is also a bit weird about this is UEFA have basically said "Close 3k seats"................Is there any precedent for this? Normally they identify the areas that have to be closed?

What is also a bit weird about this is UEFA have basically said "Close 3k seats"................Is there any precedent for this? Normally they identify the areas that have to be closed?

We're not the only ones this week to be instructed to do this. Levski Sofia have been instructed to close 3,000 seats also for a discriminatory banner

Fancy answering what it is you’re arguing for here?

Some on here see the UB can do no wrong,escape criticism and think the sun shines out their arse.Everbody else to blame bar themselves.They scored an own goal and paid the price.If this doesn’t give them a shake then nothing will.

We've been charged, found guilty and sentenced without actually being told what we have allegedly done.

It is assumed what the offending chant/song was..............but, there is no clarity.

We have seen goalposts being moved for years to suit haters agendas - so, to move on, we need ensure there is no ambiguity.

Forgive me but how do you know what the club was sent, or what questions / clarification the club has asked for.

This is what is on the official site.

UEFA
The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decisions:

Match: UEFA Europa League first qualifying round second-leg match between Rangers FC and St Joseph's FC (6:0), 18 July in Scotland

Charges against Rangers FC:
- Racist behaviour (sectarian chants) - Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

Decision:
The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to order a partial closure of the stadium during the next one (1) UEFA competition match in which Rangers FC play as the host club, for the racist behaviour of its supporters. Rangers FC shall, as a matter of urgency, inform UEFA of the sector(s) to be closed, which shall at least comprehend 3,000 seats. The Scottish club is ordered to display a banner with the wording “#EqualGame”, with the UEFA logo on it. The banner shall be displayed in the sector(s) to be closed.

Worrying times
For around the hundredth time. At the moment the song has been banned in any form for any UEFA match since 2006. UEFA closed the debate. Maybe you could tell us how to persuade them to reopen it and avoid punishment in the mean time.

So instead of all the insults and boring shite tell what you actually think we should do to preserve our status as a European club?

FFS what bit of this are you not understanding?

For years we have been asked nicely to stop singing songs discriminating against catholics.

Now UEFA are saying ok no more asking nicely. Shut 3000 seats for next game. If it happens again we will close the entire stadium. If it happens again after that you will be expelled.

All they are asking us to do is stop singing songs about hating catholics. Simple as that.

Hard to see why that is difficult for you to understand. What has hating catholics got to do with supporting Rangers?

expecting equality and parity is boring to you...strange!

instead of the insults why not read what I replied to Greg Marshall ..

Parity on what grounds? Hard as it may seem for you to believe the rest of the world doesn’t care about the Glasgow sectarian issue.

Norwegian match delegate made the report to UEFA. He isn’t a Rangers hater.

You are simply scrabbling around for some way of defending the indefensible.

We stop singing this shite then we have a place to start questioning others. But you can’t question others actions when you do the same yourself.

The baw is burst in this shite. Time to change the song book.

Parity on what grounds? Hard as it may seem for you to believe the rest of the world doesn’t care about the Glasgow sectarian issue.

Norwegian match delegate made the report to UEFA. He isn’t a Rangers hater.

You are simply scrabbling around for some way of defending the indefensible.

We stop singing this shite then we have a place to start questioning others. But you can’t question others actions when you do the same yourself.

The bar is burst in this shite. Time to change the song book.

parity on the grounds that we should all be treated equally by UEFA and FARE for a start! Its actually sad you appear to believe this is all just about singing a song and that if we stop singing this or that it will all be alright!

Now, either go and read all my replies to Greg Marshall or just stop boring me.

Your argument really is ludicrous. You appear to be cool with us being charged with racism/sectarianism, but only as long as the filth are too? Is that right? Why are you so obsessed with them?

I'm not " cool" ( what adult actually says that? ) of us being charged with anything at all. I'm furious we are being treated unfairly and being seen as racist.

How easy it was to put the blame on Union Bears , We even had the quintessential one saying an establishment doesn't tolerate any add-ons.....
Sectarianism and glorification of paramilitary organisations is everyone's responsibility .
Let's get behind the Team , Manager , board and all supporters inclusive , to promote Ibrox welcoming to all .
This is a huge opportunity to move on mass , as one .....

Back