Union Bears

Kudos to them for yesterday. The atmosphere was in my opinion the flattest all season, but they kept plugging away trying to get everyone else involved, to no avail.
Yep - without them the place is silent.

Yesterday, mentally challengeds just got beat, we're at home with a chance to to top of the league. The fact that the place was so flat was utterly mind-boggling and hugely disappointing. Thank god for the UB's !!

Kudos to them for yesterday. The atmosphere was in my opinion the flattest all season, but they kept plugging away trying to get everyone else involved, to no avail.

I’ve a new found admiration for them now after someone on here posted last week about how their singing helps drown out the boo boys and the so-called fans who get on our players backs with abuse at the slightest excuse.

Yep - without them the place is silent.

Yesterday, mentally challengeds just got beat, we're at home with a chance to to top of the league. The fact that the place was so flat was utterly mind-boggling and hugely disappointing. Thank god for the UB's !!
Sunday, recently knocked out of Europe, playing poor, playing one of the least glamourous teams in the league, and probably the realisation that there's a long way to go despite the chance to go top would all have been factors.

Sunday, recently knocked out of Europe, playing poor, playing one of the least glamourous teams in the league, and probably the realisation that there's a long way to go despite the chance to go top would all have been factors.
Should still have been a better vibe than there was. Atmosphere was absolutely non-existent apart from UB's.

Clearly we're not playing great at the moment and yesterday was another struggle. THAT'S when we should be more vocal in our support and encouragement.

The complacency yesterday, with thousands not tuning up, no-one singing and thousands drifting away long before the final whistle does nothing to help the players get though this period.

Exactly,a library without the union bears yesterday! also the most tickets I've saw all season,av available for sale outside the ground.

Teams like Hamilton are killing football ten men behind the ball low block try and nick a goal awful plastic pitch at home shitty support time wasting non entities rabid poet players trying to injure our players they are the epitome of a Scottish football club and everything in a nutshell that’s wrong with our games can I just say the UBs are great

It was Hamilton Accies ffs!

A bit like my ex wife, it’s hard to get yourself up for it.
Yes - BUT, if we want 55 then we all need to be pulling in the right direction - together - at every game.

Whether it's Hamilton or the mentally challengeds - every goal, every point counts. Yesterday you would have thought we were down the bottom of the table instead of challenging to be at the top, such was the air of complete flatness.

Players and manager need far better support, especially during this 'sticky' patch.

It’s embarrassing actually, close to 50k and you could hear a pin drop as the teams enter the park, and throughout the game.

Hopefully the UB will expand and spread in groups, a large group in each stand ideally. Other wise we’re no better than Spurs etc. (Unless it’s a big euro night or poets then it’s 1 of the best around), some contrast. We need to show consistency as much as the team do.

I wish the negative ‘shouters’ would sign as much as they complain :cool:

Yes - BUT, if we want 55 then we all need to be pulling in the right direction - together - at every game.

Whether it's Hamilton or the mentally challengeds - every goal, every point counts. Yesterday you would have thought we were down the bottom of the table instead of challenging to be at the top, such was the air of complete flatness.

Players and manager need far better support, especially during this 'sticky' patch.
If we’re still in it at the play offs it’ll get cranked up big time,

It’s just the nature of fans.

We’ll have folk in here moaning about it.
How many are in the UB’s?

Without them, yesterday at Ibrox would have been horrendous. Awful atmosphere and far too many guys going OTT around me with their abuse of the players. Without the UB it would have been a morgue outwith the moans and groans.

If we’re still in it at the play offs it’ll get cranked up big time,

It’s just the nature of fans.

We’ll have folk in here moaning about it.
How many are in the UB’s?
We'll only be up there at the end of the season based on the work, effort and points accumulating now. Literally every point matters. Failure now will result in no prizes at the end of he season.

SG comes from a club where their fans are renowned for their actual support. He must have look around Ibrox yesterday as everyone sat there glum, silent and motionless as we were trying to top the table and wondered "what the f.uck".

Shouldn’t matter if it’s hamilton or Barcelona ffs.

Should be sticking with the team no matter what.

I don’t care what anyone says but a piss poor atmosphere definitely has an affect on players
Yes -100% it has an affect on the players mate.

It’s not even surprising for me anymore.

What continues to surprise me however is the amount on here who claim that we have the best support in the world.

The first step to recovery is acknowledging there is a problem.

Living in denial is for cowards.
Bang on the money mate.

Without them, yesterday at Ibrox would have been horrendous. Awful atmosphere and far too many guys going OTT around me with their abuse of the players. Without the UB it would have been a morgue outwith the moans and groans.
I couldn't believe it.

mentally challengeds just pumped, at home with a chance to go top - yet it was actually very miserable atmosphere within the stadium.

Words fail me at times.

I know its a cliche, but Sunday was a typical weekend before Cristmas attendance. Although there were plenty empty seats, it was not as bad as I thought it could have been.

There are always gaps at this time of year, and if the opposition is from the bottom of the SPFL, it makes it worse. The UBs desreve all the credit they get for their support in a drab, mostly uneventful, run of the mill SPFL game.

I also think the atmosphere was flat simply because of our recent results. The last time we went top of the league we were filled with euphoria, we thought that we were well on our way to being successful.

Since then reality has set in, we realise we are far from the finished article. No one is shouting about being top anymore as it can be totally different just a few days later.

We are getting there, but it is far from easy and every game presents a different challenge.

Atmosphere outwith UB section was a disgrace yesterday. Even after we scored it was instantly flat. We pummelled that team the whole game attack after attack and still nothing. TBSOI before KO was cut 2 seconds early and it didn’t catch on at all. After that mhob dropping points and the chance to go back on top I would have expected a lot more.
Don’t sit and moan that the players arent living up to their end on the pitch when the majority off the pitch sit on their hands silent.

Kudos to Union Bears. Credit to our club.

I was rough as a badgers ar5e and yesterday didn't help me one bit, anyway I nearly went home when rent a moan behind me advised the team "to get a fecking man" at our corner...

Atmosphere outwith UB section was a disgrace yesterday. Even after we scored it was instantly flat. We pummelled that team the whole game attack after attack and still nothing. TBSOI before KO was cut 2 seconds early and it didn’t catch on at all. After that mhob dropping points and the chance to go back on top I would have expected a lot more.
Don’t sit and moan that the players arent living up to their end on the pitch when the majority off the pitch sit on their hands silent.

Kudos to Union Bears. Credit to our club.
It kills me when I hear "it was only Hamilton", "it's just a run of the mill SPFL game"

For various reasons, as we all know, we haven't won't the title for years and the mentally challengeds are sitting on 8 in a row.

In our position, not one game should ever be taken lightly - not one. We just scraped through yesterday - no thanks to the 'support' from the stands. We need every ounce of effort on and off the pitch at every game if we are going to win this thing this season.

Complacency kills !!!

On a side note - the two in front of me in GR1 arrived after 5 mins, vaped constantly for 15 mins then went to the pub after 20 mins. Why even bother!

On a side note - the two in front of me in GR1 arrived after 5 mins, vaped constantly for 15 mins then went to the pub after 20 mins. Why even bother!
That's just mental and very pathetic. I'd rather they didn't turn up in the first place. If we want 55 we need fans who are 100% committed to the cause.

Even heard them trying to get the candieas song going mate :D

We'll only be up there at the end of the season based on the work, effort and points accumulating now. Literally every point matters. Failure now will result in no prizes at the end of he season.

SG comes from a club where their fans are renowned for their actual support. He must have look around Ibrox yesterday as everyone sat there glum, silent and motionless as we were trying to top the table and wondered "what the f.uck".

Gerrard was brought up at a club where their most vocal supporters are appreciated for what they bring to their club. He must look at the UB's stuck in the corner with some bemusement. He has been requesting changes within the stadium for the players on matchdays - I wonder if he has asked why the UB's are not in a more prominent position.

I cant make many games but was there yesterday with my daughter - drove through and had lunch in Pizza Hut on Helen Street. Their game was on and the atmosphere in the restaurant was jumping, especially as Hibs scored their second.
Into the Stadium and atmosphere so down. Ignore Hamilton, ignore Europe, walked in knowing that a win would take us top and the feeling was so low and negative.

Reactions: WBD
It kills me when I hear "it was only Hamilton", "it's just a run of the mill SPFL game"

For various reasons, as we all know, we haven't won't the title for years and the mentally challengeds are sitting on 8 in a row.

In our position, not one game should ever be taken lightly - not one. We just scraped through yesterday - no thanks to the 'support' from the stands. We need every ounce of effort on and off the pitch at every game if we are going to win this thing this season.

Complacency kills !!!

It's not complacency, the crowd feeds off of what is going on, on the park. If we are watching crap football the majority will not be singing and doing the bouncy to it.

Gerrard was brought up at a club where their most vocal supporters are appreciated for what they bring to their club. He must look at the UB's stuck in the corner with some bemusement. He has been requesting changes within the stadium for the players on matchdays - I wonder if he has asked why the UB's are not in a more prominent position.
Absolutely mate.

As you say, he must be utterly bemused - and frustrated - by the position of the UB's. Our show set up within the stadium is not constructive at all. And I'm sue it's not lost on someone like SG.

It's not complacency, the crowd feeds off of what is going on, on the park. If we are watching crap football the majority will not be singing and doing the bouncy to it.
That's not the sign of a good support then mate.

The fans were complacent yesterday - 1-0 up, struggling and the game not yet over but no-one making an effort to sing and lift the players through a difficult time - and thousands streaming away long before the final whistle.

That's not the sign of a good support then mate.

Rightly or wrongly I'm not saying it is mate. It's the reason I feel that, at times, the support are silent. The crowd was looking sparse in relative terms and what was going on, on the park was awful football. The most animated the crowd seemed to get aside from the goal was when one of our players didn't shoot and the move broke down.

Crowd should encourage, absolutely but the players have the responsibility to get us excited as well. The crowd at Ibrox show in numbers but very rarely do we create an electric atmosphere.

Shouldn’t matter if it’s hamilton or Barcelona ffs.

Should be sticking with the team no matter what.

I don’t care what anyone says but a piss poor atmosphere definitely has an affect on players
I’m 59 mate, I’ll join in if the crowd get going, but fucked if I’m gonna stand up and try to get a chant going, especially stone cold sober.

The ones in here moaning though, they can’t ALL be in the UB’s.

It’s just the nature of most club’s fans not just us.

Other than pre match and kick off, it will be flatter than a witch’s tit at the beast game as well unless we put them to the sword.
If the players do their bit the fans will respond.

Perhaps no one wanted to buy the tickets? I know of a few ST holders unable to make it who tried and failed to shift their tickets.
I'm sure it went to 'sold out' a few times over the past 10 days or so. At that point tickets should become available if punters are making them available via secondary ticketing.

What continues to surprise me however is the amount on here who claim that we have the best support in the world.

I would suggest that is a bit unfair.
Look at the away support, look at the Home support at Euro games, the away support at Euro games, not much is going to beat that.

How many other supports would have 50k at a 3rd division game?

It's not just about a Saturday fixture.

If you watch much football on TV you'll notice that every game in the UK is exactly the same, no different.
Guys on here talk about Crystal Palace, no different to us, singing section is all that could faintly be heard.

Taking everything into account we are certainly one of the best supports in the world and certainly the best support in the UK.

Liverpool fans can be just as bad as us when they are up against dross. People see Liverpool in the CL and against the likes of Man Utd and assume that's their fans all the time which really isn't the case.

In fact, the vast majority of 'big' clubs are the same. Atmosphere good at big games, crap at crap games - it's just the way of it.

Hearing and awful lot of problems in here, not very many solutions.

If the focus is on improving how about we stop moaning and start coming up with ideas to improve things?

Reactions: WBD
Hearing and awful lot of problems in here, not very many solutions.

If the focus is on improving how about we stop moaning and start coming up with ideas to improve things?
There is no solution, it's simply modern day football that unfortunately has to be accepted.

Safe standing will for sure make a slight improvement if it is a the complete lower half of one of the stands, if it is a small section, it'll make no difference.

I expected a chorus of We shall not be moved with us going back to the top but fair play to them for their efforts

I would suggest that is a bit unfair.
Look at the away support, look at the Home support at Euro games, the away support at Euro games, not much is going to beat that.

How many other supports would have 50k at a 3rd division game?

It's not just about a Saturday fixture.

If you watch much football on TV you'll notice that every game in the UK is exactly the same, no different.
Guys on here talk about Crystal Palace, no different to us, singing section is all that could faintly be heard.

Taking everything into account we are certainly one of the best supports in the world and certainly the best support in the UK.
Good support in terms of numbers, yes - but our home support, vocally, is dreadful most of the time.

I've been to countless games in England and Germany and I can assure you that we are particularly quiet compared to many.

Liverpool fans can be just as bad as us when they are up against dross. People see Liverpool in the CL and against the likes of Man Utd and assume that's their fans all the time which really isn't the case.

In fact, the vast majority of 'big' clubs are the same. Atmosphere good at big games, crap at crap games - it's just the way of it.
Sorry mate - and it hurts me to say it - but Liverpool fans vocal support at even 'run of the mill games' is far better than at Ibrox. Far better. They have more 'active' supporters who want to get behind the team and help.

There is no solution, it's simply modern day football that unfortunately has to be accepted.

Safe standing will for sure make a slight improvement if it is a the complete lower half of one of the stands, if it is a small section, it'll make no difference.

I think this is pretty much accurate. Safe standing section for the UBs, preferably where the away fans currently are plus BF5 and just shift the away section back to BF1 where they used to be.

But apart from that - a freezing cold December afternoon against Hamilton Accies is never going to be a crackling electric atmosphere. Boxing Day v Hibs will be different I'd imagine.

Good support in terms of numbers, yes - but our home support, vocally, is dreadful most of the time.

I've been to countless games in England and Germany and I can assure you that we are particularly quiet compared to many.
Germany, in fact there are a few countries who have clubs with good home support but then we out do them with away and European support.
England not a chance, we are no worse or better than any team in England in terms of home support, even Crystal Palace who also have a singing section. You don't need to go to the games, Match of the Day/Sky/BT puts paid to that.

I think this refers more to the way we give unwavering financial support. The moral support aspect is linked in as much as there are some who feel they pay for the right to moan. What was interesting yesterday was when I watched Sportscene and the game between Diet Celtic and Celtic, the stadium was fairly sparse in parts. Their midden will be packed when we're in town. We have a very loyal but I agree at times fickle support.

Germany, in fact there are a few countries who have clubs with good home support but then we out do them with away and European support.
England not a chance, we are no worse or better than any team in England in terms of home support, even Crystal Palace who also have a singing section. You don't need to go to the games, Match of the Day/Sky/BT puts paid to that.
My experience is very different mate. I wish I could say that Ibrox was as good an atmosphere as any - but the truth is that it simply isn't.

Back