Union Bears

They’re a great bunch of supporters for our club and hopefully they will grow their numbers as more youngsters see and hear their enthusiasm and want to get involved.
I sometimes wonder how the UB individuals will turn out over time. As they grow older and take their seats in the Club Deck and in hospitality will they become like some of our current supporters and become critical of the noisy wee beggars that have taken their places? Hope not, they can still join in and tap their walking sticks with gusto in time with the tunes.
It will come a time when the folk in the UB reach an age where they can’t be arsed anymore. However, the younger generation will keep filtering through and take up the places of those who have left. Ultras groups in Italy have been founded for decades and are still going strong.

It will come a time when the folk in the UB reach an age where they can’t be arsed anymore. However, the younger generation will keep filtering through and take up the places of those who have left. Ultras groups in Italy have been founded for decades and are still going strong.
Yep - we need a constant flow of 'youth' coming through and contributing the 'active support'. That's vital.

Yep - without them the place is silent.

Yesterday, mentally challengeds just got beat, we're at home with a chance to to top of the league. The fact that the place was so flat was utterly mind-boggling and hugely disappointing. Thank god for the UB's !!
The atmosphere was poor but at least they turned up. The amount of season ticket holders who obviously couldn't be arsed turning up because of a couple of poor results was a bigger concern.

The atmosphere was poor but at least they turned up. The amount of season ticket holders who obviously couldn't be arsed turning up because of a couple of poor results was a bigger concern.
Yes mate - at least around 5 or 6 thousand ST holders just didn't bother to turn up, which is pretty poor.

Cue - "but it was a Sunday", "It's near Christmas" etc. etc. :rolleyes:

The only solution is to give season tickets for sections of the ground instead of allocating a seat, eg Copland Rear. First come best seats. You get to sit with your mates, go early to get in among the singing sections. You don't get stuck beside people who don't want to sing when you do. It worked when the Copland and enclosure used to be pay in. The old boys went to the main stand. I don't think Rangers or the police would want to go back to the days of not being able to identify the person via the seat but away games work because there's constant freshness.

Yesterday's crowd was a pretty decent turnout all considering, yes we were 5K down, but at least we don't need to bring a friend to fill the place.

I agree the atmosphere was non existent and it pisses me off that supports buses are away home before I even get the car, never mind the subway loyal. The UB's are great, but I would argue that we always had our young team doing this, in my day we went to the enclosure as teenagers and sang our hearts out. Now a very young 51 and happy to sing my heart out still when we get it going, but it takes 2 to tango and the gaffer has already been on the record that the players need to do their bit to generate the vibe.

If we are close nearing the end of the season the place will be bouncing - but - the risk is we too can suffer from the nerves, we often care too much. We have a job to help the team, but those who come to moan or stay for an hour shouldn't bother. And by the way some of the "moaners" doesn't always come from the middle-aged loyal, a lot of young ones are as bad.

Many older fans or fans who have the, ive had this seat since...... generation are to blame... basically you get nowt out the main stand the east n west enclousure is finished and the copland losts its voice around the mid 90s .. the govan has always been full of a age group from 40-75 yr olds..
Absolute nonsense, simple as that.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

The only solution is to give season tickets for sections of the ground instead of allocating a seat, eg Copland Rear. First come best seats. You get to sit with your mates, go early to get in among the singing sections. You don't get stuck beside people who don't want to sing when you do. It worked when the Copland and enclosure used to be pay in. The old boys went to the main stand. I don't think Rangers or the police would want to go back to the days of not being able to identify the person via the seat but away games work because there's constant freshness.
I'd love that mate. But I can't see us getting the go ahead, unfortunately :(.

Yes mate - at least around 5 or 6 thousand ST holders just didn't bother to turn up, which is pretty poor.

Cue - "but it was a Sunday", "It's near Christmas" etc. etc. :rolleyes:

They 5 or 6 thousand people have probably all put at least 600-700 each into the club so far this season (in tickets alone)

I agree the atmosphere was poor yesterday but you’ve had a pretty strong attack at our support regularly on this thread and without them we’d be fucked.

They 5 or 6 thousand people have probably all put at least 600-700 each into the club so far this season (in tickets alone)

I agree the atmosphere was poor yesterday but you’ve had a pretty strong attack at our support regularly on this thread and without them we’d be fucked.
Yes mate - but when in the stadium we should surely be helping the team as much as we can. The game was poised very precariously for almost the full 90 mins. Our silence creates an edgy and nervous environment. That's not good for anyone.

Maybe if the team performed to their full capabilities the crowd would reciprocate.
Works both ways mate.

We ALL want the best for Rangers. That means fans and players playing their part.

We are all in this together. We will only succeed if we have a united mindset.

Comparing Ibrox to some of the games I've been to across Europe, there's no comparison. As shite as it sounds, it seems like a lot of our support can't wait to give one of our own players a heard time. A couple of mistakes and the whole stadium turns. Compare that to the games on the continent where a quarter of the stadium is taken up by the ultras that aren't even there to watch the football, and the result doesn't matter. From start to finish its drums, a boy on the mic, flares, the whole shebang.

I've seen many comments on here berating that type of behaviour, saying it's what the Green Brigade do while trying to replicate European teams and we're above that. Well I tell you what, some games at Ibrox, yesterday included you wonder why you even bother. Sitting there with everyone's face tripping them moaning about our players. Goto a game in Bulgaria where the football is not even 2nd division level and the shite football doesn't even matter because it's all about showing support for the team as loud and as visible as possible.

Must admit the drum was driving me a bit mental yesterday. Atmosphere in the ground seemed to be mixture of tension and frustration. It would have been a lot better if we had scored a second.

On a side note - the two in front of me in GR1 arrived after 5 mins, vaped constantly for 15 mins then went to the pub after 20 mins. Why even bother!
Coz they’ve paid their season ticket . You pay your money you take your choice . Warm boozer or freezing game , no atmosphere . I never left early but that’s probably why they did

Works both ways mate.

We ALL want the best for Rangers. That means fans and players playing their part.

We are all in this together. We will only succeed if we have a united mindset.

Slight segway here

and its cos ive no seen the username in a while, but are you MoodyBlue in disguise :D

Atmosphere depends on what is happening on the pitch not the other way round. If we had been scoring against Accies as we should then it would have been different. In the end we knew it was going to be 1 - 0 and that is nothing to shout about. Just glad we have the points.
If we are beating Hibs by two or three then you will hear singing from all parts. And if we are beating septic you will need ear plugs.
Our home games are being sold out and that is the main thing. Hibs ground against them was half empty ...we were full.
We weren’t full yesterday

Was in the Club Deck (CD7) for the 3-0 win V Livingston a few weeks back and I can honestly say that had a better atmosphere than the Main Front and the East Enclosure where I swap between my two ST's for me and my dad. People in the Club Deck were actually going for it singing themselves and others around them started to join in. Can safely say the Club Deck library rumour is a complete myth and is infact one of the better atmosphere's inside Ibrox because there are so many fans that aren't ST holders that'll buy the last of the remaining tickets on the website and can sit among friends.

Atmosphere depends on what is happening on the pitch not the other way round. If we had been scoring against Accies as we should then it would have been different. In the end we knew it was going to be 1 - 0 and that is nothing to shout about. Just glad we have the points.
If we are beating Hibs by two or three then you will hear singing from all parts. And if we are beating septic you will need ear plugs.
Our home games are being sold out and that is the main thing. Hibs ground against them was half empty ...we were full.

You're an ideal candidate for a 'safe sitting' stand. Get all the fans together that believe, like you, that its up to the players to create the atmosphere. Give them their own stand away from the fans that think the atmosphere should come from the stands.

Its a win win situation.

Was in the Club Deck (CD7) for the 3-0 win V Livingston a few weeks back and I can honestly say that had a better atmosphere than the Main Front and the East Enclosure where I swap between my two ST's for me and my dad. People in the Club Deck were actually going for it singing themselves and others around them started to join in. Can safely say the Club Deck library rumour is a complete myth and is infact one of the better atmosphere's inside Ibrox because there are so many fans that aren't ST holders that'll buy the last of the remaining tickets on the website and can sit among friends.

This is why rover tickets would help. The ST set up kills the atmosphere.

Union bears should be moved to where the away support goes. Because its an echo chamber a small away support can be heard easily.

What do you mean by Rover ticket?

You buy a ticket for a stand but dont have a specific seat. They used to do this at Ibrox when they opened the new stands.

Before anyone jumps in saying it wouldnt work. It did in the past and could again.

It would encourage fans to come early to get the best seats. You can sit with friends and get a different seat every week.

If there are concerns about everyone finding a seat just sell a few tickets less than the capacity.

Union bears should be moved to where the away support goes. Because its an echo chamber a small away support can be heard easily.

Lets have a huge safe standing area with rover tickets so that the UB and others can get together. My preference is the whole of the Govan Front. What a sight that would be.

Back