Union Bears

It's because we are missing out on a younger generation of fans we need to expand Ibrox to accommodate them. Older fans have been going for years. There has been no growth plan to accommodate the growing population for young people So what we have is a large population of older people who watch Rangers who are reluctant to sing.

It was really low on atmosphere yesterday, on a few occasions could hear McCauley and McGregor shouting over the noise of the crowd, however freezing cold, xmas shopping time, Sunday @3pm, playing a poor team all culminated together doesn't help. I'm sure the 26th and 29th will be slightly more upbeat ...

Sorry mate - and it hurts me to say it - but Liverpool fans vocal support at even 'run of the mill games' is far better than at Ibrox. Far better. They have more 'active' supporters who want to get behind the team and help.
We’ll stick them in the Scottish league and see how vocal they are.

Liverpool v Hamilton Accies, that’ll get the Kop bouncing for sure.

It's the norm though, so called fans giving our players dogs abuse, was really bad at Dundee last week. We are not playing well but are top of the league, the so called fans need to think about that.

We’ll stick them in the Scottish league and see how vocal they are.

Liverpool v Hamilton Accies, that’ll get the Kop bouncing for sure.
If it's a situation where they are challenging for the top of the league - and one that they haven't won for years - then, yes, their 'active' vocal support would still be better then ours.

No excuses for yesterday - it was not good enough.

Ibrox has zero atmosphere most games. You sing and no one joins in. You shout and then everyone around you moans. Far too many people going to games that should just watch it on TV. Wish we had the atmosphere like Maribor. Maybe not every games but top of the league yesterday should have done it!

Teams like Hamilton are killing football ten men behind the ball low block try and nick a goal awful plastic pitch at home shitty support time wasting non entities rabid poet players trying to injure our players they are the epitome of a Scottish football club and everything in a nutshell that’s wrong with our games can I just say the UBs are great

Well said !

Same here in MFJ every game 70mins he's off. To make it even dafter he's here at least 3 hours before every game.
Haha that’s the same with the guy next to me I always get in about 2.50 he’s always saying he was in at 2ish madness

I expected a chorus of We shall not be moved with us going back to the top but fair play to them for their efforts

Was only sung at the final whistle. Due to the fact it was 1-0 and could have blown up spectacularly had we shipped a late goal.

Even in and around BF1 the atmosphere was as poor as I’ve felt it this season but without that section the ground would be a morgue.

Was looking around the ground and it was like a photograph of fans. No buzz and no noise whatsoever.

It happens, we’ll pick it back up. But regardless, the rest of the stadium need to get on board to make a proper atmosphere, I leave that wee corner hoarse after most games but it’s such a small area of such a big stadium.

I’ve a new found admiration for them now after someone on here posted last week about how their singing helps drown out the boo boys and the so-called fans who get on our players backs with abuse at the slightest excuse.

Might have been me as Im of the opinion that we need a massive safe standing area to create the atmosphere that will drive the team forward even when we're not playing well.

Ive got another idea that I think would work well. The fans that think players perform better when fans give them abuse should have their own area awsy from those that think this is bullshit. You know the type? They think some players "deserve it", or the "jersey is too big" or "they should man up". Give them a stand with other like minded fans and the rest of us can get on with backing the team for 90 minutes.

It’s not even surprising for me anymore.

What continues to surprise me however is the amount on here who claim that we have the best support in the world.

The first step to recovery is acknowledging there is a problem.

Living in denial is for cowards.

Its hard to bring the subject up on here. Some posters get pissed off and complain that the fans turn up and pay their money so they're entitled to stay silent, boo or leave early. Its sacrilege to criticise the fans or to say the atmosphere is shite.

Like you say they're in denial and that means nothing will change.

I know plenty of die hard bears who dont go anymore because Ibrox is so bad. Ive posted this before and been told its bullshit. It isnt.

Atmosphere depends on what is happening on the pitch not the other way round. If we had been scoring against Accies as we should then it would have been different. In the end we knew it was going to be 1 - 0 and that is nothing to shout about. Just glad we have the points.
If we are beating Hibs by two or three then you will hear singing from all parts. And if we are beating septic you will need ear plugs.
Our home games are being sold out and that is the main thing. Hibs ground against them was half empty ...we were full.

If fans don't want to sing fair enough but what annoys me is the ones who moan about what the UB sing and don't sing. I've got guys around me moaning about the drum and saying the lad with the megaphone doesn't even watch the game. Twice I've said why do you care and what's it got to do with you. We have some moaners in our support who are never happy.

We need a large safe standing section and hopefully the new proposal for the broomloan front is given the go ahead .

In 2018 unless it’s a big game you simply will not get the whole stadium to sing/chant .

Our traditional “end” if you like the Copland through no fault of their own is predominantly made up of people aged 65 and over , simply because most bought the season tickets when Souness arrived and have loyally kept going since . You cannot expect 8000 pensioners in minus 1 weather to be up dancing for a game v Hamilton academical on a Sunday afternoon before Christmas .

We need to make the best of the new safe standing area when it’s complete and get as many Rangers clsssics belted out as loudly as possible . Loads of young team want to join it and they are the future .

It’s unfsir to criticise the Copland for not singing like they used to .

It's because we are missing out on a younger generation of fans we need to expand Ibrox to accommodate them. Older fans have been going for years. There has been no growth plan to accommodate the growing population for young people So what we have is a large population of older people who watch Rangers who are reluctant to sing.
Good post mate.

We NEED to encourage younger generations to Ibrox and make it an exciting place for them to come to.

Much of the stadium is filled with older bears many of whom have become surgically attached to "their" piece of plastic and who sit all glum and make no attempt to back the team.

Whole place needs an overhaul. We don't even have a proper home end ffs !

Younger, enthusiastic, active fans are our future. Let's accommodate them properly !!

Many older fans or fans who have the, ive had this seat since...... generation are to blame... basically you get nowt out the main stand the east n west enclousure is finished and the copland losts its voice around the mid 90s .. the govan has always been full of a age group from 40-75 yr olds..

Haha that’s the same with the guy next to me I always get in about 2.50 he’s always saying he was in at 2ish madness

I'm also one who loves to be in Ibrox at least 45 minutes before kick off. For me there is nothing better than enjoying what is to me an amazing ambience and mixture of reflection, awe and expectation in our fantastic iconic stadium in the build up to kick off.

I'm also one who loves to be in Ibrox at least 45 minutes before kick off. For me there is nothing better than enjoying what is to me an amazing ambience and mixture of reflection, awe and expectation in our fantastic iconic stadium in the build up to kick off.
Aye but I bet you don’t leave at 70 minutes every game like the guy next to me mate

Yep - without them the place is silent.

Yesterday, mentally challengeds just got beat, we're at home with a chance to to top of the league. The fact that the place was so flat was utterly mind-boggling and hugely disappointing. Thank god for the UB's !!

Going top of the league yesterday is an absolute irreverence.

Ask our manager.

Sunday 3pm kick off, nearly xmas, team playing poorly, European hangover, playing a Hamilton team time wasting at 1-0 down with 80 minutes to go.

Going top of the league yesterday is an absolute irreverence.

Ask our manager.

Sunday 3pm kick off, nearly xmas, team playing poorly, European hangover, playing a Hamilton team time wasting at 1-0 down with 80 minutes to go.
That's meant to be a valid excuse for fans not singing to get behind the team in their time of need ?? Come on mate.

Folk need to calm down a touch, it was a Sunday game on a miserable day , playing one of the poorest teams in the league who had no travelling support, it’s always going to be flat.

Some are mentioning Gerrard and Liverpool too, Anfield and the bigger grounds in England are like morgues most games, the atmosphere at some of the bigger games down there is embarrassing too.

That's meant to be a valid excuse for fans not singing to get behind the team in their time of need ?? Come on mate.

You count on 1 hand the number of teams in the uk that would pull in 45k for a game against Hamilton on a Sunday the week before Xmas.

Atmosphere wise the team and support are flat at the moment. I’d say we are every bit as inconsistent as each other.

You count on 1 hand the number of teams in the uk that would pull in 45k for a game against Hamilton on a Sunday the week before Xmas.

Atmosphere wise the team and support are flat at the moment. I’d say we are every bit as inconsistent as each other.
Doesn't matter if it is Hamilton, mentally challengeds or Barcelona mate. For a club who have won f.uck all for years and we now have a glimpse that we may be up for a title challenge, the atmosphere was dire - regardless of whatever time of the day/year it was.

Once you get inside that stadium we should all have the same objective - helping the team to a win and ensuring we give them the backing they need. We didn't do that yesterday, but fortunatley the team scraped to the 3 points - no thanks to us.

They’re a great bunch of supporters for our club and hopefully they will grow their numbers as more youngsters see and hear their enthusiasm and want to get involved.
I sometimes wonder how the UB individuals will turn out over time. As they grow older and take their seats in the Club Deck and in hospitality will they become like some of our current supporters and become critical of the noisy wee beggars that have taken their places? Hope not, they can still join in and tap their walking sticks with gusto in time with the tunes.

Doesn't matter if it is Hamilton, mentally challengeds or Barcelona mate. For a club who have won f.uck all for years and we now have a glimpse that we may be up for a title challenge, the atmosphere was dire - regardless of whatever time of the day/year it was.

Once you get inside that stadium we should all have the same objective - helping the team to a win and ensuring we give them the backing they need. We didn't do that yesterday, but fortunatley the team scraped to the 3 points - no thanks to us.

Every time we look like mounting a challenge we fall flat on our faces.

I can understand the fans being a bit reluctant to get their hopes up.

There wasn’t a single Rangers fan in that stadium yesterday not desperate for the three points.

Every time we look like mounting a challenge we fall flat on our faces.

I can understand the fans being a bit reluctant to get their hopes up.

There wasn’t a single Rangers fan in that stadium yesterday not desperate for the three points.
Absolutely mate - but they just need to give the team more backing. It DOES help the players. They say so themselves time and time again. If we had done that yesterday it could have been a far more comfortable and enjoyable afternoon for everyone.

Absolutely mate - but they just need to give the team more backing. It DOES help the players. They say so themselves time and time again. If we had done that yesterday it could have been a far more comfortable and enjoyable afternoon for everyone.
I have to say, I join in as often as I can and almost always am alone in my attempts. Even clapping along, but some just don't feel comfortable singing unless the overwhelming majority around them are singing.

Back