3-1 Rangers.

Colak, Matondo & Tav.

I reckon it’ll be

McGregor

Tav Goldson Souttar Borna

Jack Lundstram

Matondo Kamara Kent

Colak.

No idea why, I have a feeling McGregor will play and Souttar will stay in the team. Not saying it would be my 11 though.

Buzzin for this. 4 games to go for group stage champions league. We have beaten better on our wuropa league run last season, let's do it.

Noticed one of their main signings this summer was from Accrington Stanley.

Between that level of business and the summer they’ve just had - which by all accounts looks like it would devastate a club - then we cannot be losing this.

Is there still the €5m lump sum payment for making the next round?

Between that level of business and the summer they’ve just had - which by all accounts looks like it would devastate a club - then we cannot be losing this.

Yes but only if lose the play-off round do you get it

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Sands Borna
Lundstram Jack
Rabbi Kamara Kent
Colak

Dependant on injuries to Rabbi and Kent. Can see Jack coming in for Lawrence and Kamara moving ahead.

Gives us the choice of Lundstram falling into a back 3 if needed like we done so many times in EL.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Sands Borna
Lundstram Jack
Rabbi Tillman Kent
Colak
Hoping Souttar doesn't start as he's looked really shoogly so far but if he's been dealing with off field problems plus trying to find his feet at the biggest club in Scotland then he needs time to settle etc.
Can't see Gio risking an untried left side of defence pairing in Yilmaz & Davies in such a crucial game so Borna and Sands start I rreckon as Sands has looked impressive so far this season.

I'll take 2-1 to us and then batter them at Ibrox next Tuesday.
Also noticed the Evening Tims is trying to stoke up the USG-Celtic links - it's pretty desperate stuff tbh. Their equivalent to Ross Wilson is Irish and has family around Glasgow who are of course mhanks

Remember not so long ago our marquee summer signings were from Accrington :))

To be fair I think Matt Crooks has turned into a decent player.

You'd think Jack comes in to provide some extra solidity. Can't see Kamara being dropped either given his quality on the European stage. Matondo possibly to give us some pace on the break too I reckon. That suggests;

McGlaughlin,

Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Barisic,

Jack, Lundstram, Kamara,

Matondo, Colak, Kent.

No idea how we’ll line up.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Kamara

Matondo Tillman Kent

Colak

Overheard a couple of conversations yesterday - no idea how accurate they were - if at all ?
But have USG switched grounds only to add an extra 650 to their own capacity ?
I also heard that their own ground had a plastic surface ( but any search I've made says grass )
Anyone know the truth ?

Overheard a couple of conversations yesterday - no idea how accurate they were - if at all ?
But have USG switched grounds only to add an extra 650 to their own capacity ?
I also heard that their own ground had a plastic surface ( but any search I've made says grass )
Anyone know the truth ?
Their own ground didn't meet the criteria for hosting games there is terracing areas which aren't allowed in Europe otherwise the ground capacity would a lot less?

Grass pitch

stade-joseph-marien-ahead-of-the-proximus-league-match-between-union-picture-id1085463550

Been on net for two days solid you think you get decent flight price the when you go to book its increased by over £100,your talking over £320 going Tuesday till Thursday ,bit much for Belgium so near yet so far

Think McGregor is a cert to start for European Experience if am being honest, would like to see Sands start because he’s been solid pre season and has been better than Souttar on current form.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Sands Barisic
Jack Lundstrum
Matondo Kamara Kent
Colak

I see this side play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2. Could we maybe match that? I'd certainly expect that we'll have Lundstram or Sands dropping in from midfield to make a back three as needed, at least.

I'm not sure how good their strikers are but going two vs two at the back isn't ideal.

Equally up front, we don't want Colak isolated against three centre-backs. Got to get Tillman in and around him, perhaps even Sakala coming in off the right if Matondo isn't ready to start.

Have a feeling McGregor will play the euro and cup games this season.

McGregor
Tav goldson sands* yilmaz
Lindrstum jack tillman
Matondo* colak kent

*davies if fit, Lawrence if matondo isn’t fit

3-1, no injuries please rangers

We need to be looking for an early season settler here.

Livi was a slog, but between the plastic pitch and the WWF tactics it was never going to be pretty.

This game should hopefully give the players an opportunity to come up against a team that actually wants to play, and for many to get off the mark form wise. The next round (assuming all goes well) will likely be a much tougher game, so the quicker the team finds its stride the better.

I would take a 2-0 here, ideally with Colak heavily involved and netting a brace.

Belgian clubs are no push over. Sure to be technically good. Win would be fantastic but we'll need to play a lot better than first half v livi. I think Gio will play it tight and look to win it at Ibrox. 1-1

@Valley Bluenose this on RTV "outside" the UK mate?
Well, we may have a problem here. It’s not been advertised yet. I fully expect that it will be available overseas but it’s not there yet.

More worryingly perhaps is that I’ve seen a few posts from folk over the last week saying even though they are overseas - genuinely in some cases - they weren’t able to buy the Livi game. I put it down to issues with their devices. However, I’ve just ‘gone overseas’ using my VPN to check if the USG game was there. Not only was the USG game not there but I also didn’t get offered the option to purchase any of the overseas subscriptions as normal. Effectively RangersTV didn’t appear to be recognising I was overseas, even after clearing cache/cookies. That’s potentially a major concern.

I will keep an eye on things for the next 24 hours. Hopefully it revolves itself.:(

Ha ha, sorry @DocStone I was travelling today. Made the daft mistake of visiting our son.:rolleyes:

EDIT: a change of country saw me offered the usual overseas subs - phew - but no news on USG game yet. I’m near certain it will be on but I think we are precluded from advertising until 24 hours before to keep Premier ‘sweet’.

EDIT 2: Now available.

Last edited:
Well, we may have a problem here. It’s not been advertised yet. I fully expect that it will be available overseas but it’s not there yet.

More worryingly perhaps is that I’ve seen a few posts from folk over the last week saying even though they are overseas - genuinely in some cases - they weren’t able to buy the Livi game. I put it down to issues with their devices. However, I’ve just ‘gone overseas’ using my VPN to check if the USG game was there. Not only was the USG game not there but I also didn’t get offered the option to purchase any of the overseas subscriptions as normal. Effectively RangersTV didn’t appear to be recognising I was overseas, even after clearing cache/cookies. That’s potentially a major concern.

I will keep an eye on things for the next 24 hours. Hopefully it revolves itself.:(

Ha ha, sorry @DocStone I was travelling today. Made the daft mistake of visiting our son.:rolleyes:

EDIT: a change of country saw me offered the usual overseas subs - phew - but no news on USG game yet. I’m near certain it will be on but I think we are precluded from advertising until 24 hours before to keep Premier ‘sweet’.

Check again...we are in business!

Check again...we are in business!
Thank you. Good to see. £9.99 as expected.

A wee word of warning though for anybody else. When I switched on my VPN on the desktop and went to check, the USG game was there first time. When I went to check on iPad, I had to switch between three different servers in The Netherlands before it showed. Might be something on mobile devices, might not. If you run into problems, try a different country/server.

I watched the Belgian teams game on Friday night, thought they looked pretty good going forward, left quite I lot of space down their flanks if you overturn the ball though. Think this could be bit tougher than some imagine. Wouldn’t surprise me if this is a fairly high scoring game.
I’ll go 2-3 Rangers.

3-1 Rangers.

Colak, Matondo & Tav.

I reckon it’ll be

McGregor

Tav Goldson Souttar Borna

Jack Lundstram

Matondo Kamara Kent

Colak.

No idea why, I have a feeling McGregor will play and Souttar will stay in the team. Not saying it would be my 11 though.
I’d bring Sakala in for Kent now, however I suspect it will be Matondo & Wright starting in the wide positions.

Worried about how we'll be defensively, no clean sheet yet 5 games in. I haven't see even a 1 minute of how they set up and play but I hope it's attacking as it'll play into our hands.

Back