Until we get Aribo back our best midfield is probably Kamara and Sands sitting with Lundstram in front of them

Title says it all.

I’ve been watching clips of Lundstram from his Sheffield Utd and Oxford United days and quite clearly his best attribute is breaking the lines and running into the box for cut backs and loose balls. He also showed against Hearts that he can have a dig from range.

I’d like Bacuna to get a chance in the role but he’s so out the picture it’s unlikely.

I’d be setting up against Livingston with a midfield of:

Kamara Sands
Lundstram

And encourage Lundstram to get forward and to pick up pockets of space in the opponent’s half.

If Jack is back and ready to go, even better, I’d have him alongside Kamara.

I think we have to play Lundstram, he’s too high an earner not to utilise and with protection from two sitting midfielders I think he can be effective because he carries the ball well and was an attacking force at Sheffield Utd. If we want to offload him now or in the summer the only way we’ll attract suitors who might part with a fee is if he plays football.

Assume you have been smoking crack for the last 72 hours straight

Obviously not everyone agrees, but i thought Sands did ok for his debut. Made a few decent tackles and used the ball ok. Wouldn't have any issues playing him tomorrow night, that's for sure

Lundstrum is no where near as bad as made out on here. He's had a few decent games, and Im not good biggest fan.

To be honest I'm not sure where his best position is, probably box to box.

Sands also looked ok on Tuesday all things considered, thought he actually did ok.

The problem was the out ball and the link up.. resorted to long balls and made it easy
Picking up this and other posts on Lundstrum, if his best position if centre mid playing off the front why hasnt Gio tried this in training? Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. Is he shite? Maybe. But he deserves a chance under a manager who didn't sign him FFS.

So what are our options with half the 'core' midfield either missing or injured? And this isn't FIFA for the Xbox and PS4 keyboard warriors.......Gio sees what he has in front of him at training and picks the best team versus what he has coming. Have faith in him. he would have walked into a world 11 at one point. Some of the shite posted here and other threads is appalling.

PS - Derek Johnston as an example was a centre half. Played out of position for a long while. Just saying.

Back