Update on Safe Standing from club 1872

Excellent good to see this moving forward. I'll need to check my emails normally get email updates for c1872

good read and hopefully over time can be sorted so everyone is happy with the outcome

Sounds like this is a goer, wonder if we can get it in for next season, or is that too optimistic?

Thousands of us stand at every away game and the noise levels are light years above what we product at Ibrox where it is silent most of the time.

We need to re-create this noise at home games and preferably in the Copland Front.

We HAVE to do this. No ifs or buts, it has to happen.

Agreed.

It's a must

Thousands of us stand at every away game and the noise levels are light years above what we product at Ibrox where it is silent most of the time.

We need to re-create this noise at home games and preferably in the Copland Front.

We HAVE to do this. No ifs or buts, it has to happen.

I agree, but I also think it's to do with standing / being beside mates. The number of people I know that go to Ibrox together then split up to go to their own seats and meet afterwards again. Away games don't tend to work like this as much.

Generally the noisiest Ibrox gets is just before kick-off. That's when everyone is on their feet. 2 seconds after kick off everyone sits down and then it's utter silence - apart from BF1....who are standing.

It's not rocket science - standing enhances the atmosphere 100%. We have to do this - whatever it takes for us to get there.

With a bit of strategic thought and planning we could have decent atmosphere being generated in each part of the ground with the standing section being the focal point

Sounds like this is a goer, wonder if we can get it in for next season, or is that too optimistic?

"This entire process will take a significant amount of time and our understanding is that there is no prospect of safe standing being put in place prior to the start of next season. We want to make that clear to manage the expectations of all supporters."

I am the same my preference would be CF however there has been many season ticket holders in there for many years who will disagree.

If Rangers announced tomorrow that the Copland Road stand was being rebuilt, nobody would be in the slightest bit concerned about how any existing season ticket holder felt about it.

The newest part of the stadium is over 20 years old, so there will be long term season ticket holders everywhere.
For whatever reasons, the CF seem to be spoken about as if they have more right to refuse a move than others.

How does safe standing work do you have ticket for a specific rail seat or is it just stand where you can?

Why do they need to mention the Ibrox disaster? It's hardly the same thing.

Folk in the Copland front are just going to need to accept that SS is required to move forward as a club. Imagine the boost the team would get at home with thousands of bears singing behind them as if it was any away game every week.

There will be all sorts on complaints when this comes in unless its where the Union Bears are already seated

There will be all sorts on complaints when this comes in unless its where the Union Bears are already seated

It's pretty clear in the terms of the ticket, the club have every right to do this no matter how long someone has had 'their' seat.
We all sign up to this when we buy our tickets, nobody has any claim in the bits of plastic that are property of Rangers.

Having stood on terraces for most of my life following The Rangers, I believe most of the atmosphere in the ground is directly linked to how the team are playing. While I appreciate the nippers in the forum may consider standing means a gimme for 90 minutes of singing and communal dancing which generates a tremendous atmosphere, that was not always the case in the past when Ibrox was terracing except for the Main Stand. The atmosphere at the 4-2 victory against Hibs a couple years ago was fantastic although I understand that this level of atmosphere at most of the games at Ibrox in the past 5 years or so has been lacking. I have no problem with safe standing areas at Ibrox but the enclosure would generate more noise than the Copland Front due to the noise reverberating off the overhanging areas of the Main Stand. Plus it would be nearer to the TV positions. This is all IMHO

It should be noted that ABSOLUTLEY no one is advocating this standing area whilst at the same time forgetting why Ibrox was the first purpose built all seating Stadium in Britain. No one will forget Jan 2nd 1971.

However the actual phrase being used is "safe standing" and it should be recognised that this is being proposed along the lines of another step forward in creating a fan friendly, modern facility for supporters to view the game in an environment where safety is not compromised.

Having stood on terraces for most of my life following The Rangers, I believe most of the atmosphere in the ground is directly linked to how the team are playing. While I appreciate the nippers in the forum may consider standing means a gimme for 90 minutes of singing and communal dancing which generates a tremendous atmosphere, that was not always the case in the past when Ibrox was terracing except for the Main Stand. The atmosphere at the 4-2 victory against Hibs a couple years ago was fantastic although I understand that this level of atmosphere at most of the games at Ibrox in the past 5 years or so has been lacking. I have no problem with safe standing areas at Ibrox but the enclosure would generate more noise than the Copland Front due to the noise reverberating off the overhanging areas of the Main Stand. Plus it would be nearer to the TV positions. This is all IMHO

.....as long as they change the camera gantry to the Govan.

I was thinking more about the sound being generated and being picked by the microphones at the current TV position than people wanting to see themselves on TV

It's not about people seeeing themselves on the TV though, it's about those watching who see the place rocking. It's about providing the platform for a better atmosphere and means those who wish to stand during the game can do so without "annoying" those who prefer to sit in silence during games.

I was disappointed with the news that it definitely won't be in for the start of next season. I can't see why it would take that long. This should be more of a priority.

Back