Vaccine passports, any update?

You can get an exemption card for free online. Flash that, if asked for a “passport”.

I’m not sure anyone is allowed to ask you for more than that, or details of why you are exempt.

Really? Where can you get that mate?

Thats for face masks only, I have one, and as soon as you show it you don't get challenged.

I still don't think this vaccine passport will happen

I have the sunflower lanyard and the Scottish gov exemption card, doubt they’d be enough.

The woman I spoke to said that the government don’t have anything in place yet and they were waiting for news, couldn’t give me a timeline.

People need to stop worrying about this. There's no way they can enforce it at the ground and even if they introduce spot checks whats to stop you just waiting 5 mins and going to a different turnstile?

Feel sorry for the gullible oldies who will no doubt be deterred but it certainly wont be stopping me.

I have the sunflower lanyard and the Scottish gov exemption card, doubt they’d be enough.

The woman I spoke to said that the government don’t have anything in place yet and they were waiting for news, couldn’t give me a timeline.
The lack of information from the powers that be leads me to believe they will take it to the wire then simply drop it as they know it is unworkable.

If you still have your letter you can go online and use the user name that's near the bottom. Login and it shows how many vaccines you've had. There is a bit where you can download your "passport" or proof
It might seem daft but I didn’t keep any letters,I didn’t see the point at the time.

Really? Where can you get that mate?
Just Google it, mate. The card says you are exempt form using the COVID passport.

Pop that in your wallet or lanyard and you are good to go.

No-one will ask you further questions. And until the government offer whatever it is you need to prove you are exempt, it’s all you’ll need.

I’m not sure exempt folk will ever get much more than a card to prove it.

Just Google it, mate. The card says you are exempt form using the COVID passport.

Pop that in your wallet or lanyard and you are good to go.

No-one will ask you further questions. And until the government offer whatever it is you need to prove you are exempt, it’s all you’ll need.

I’m not sure exempt folk will ever get much more than a card to prove it.
Be careful with google as that may give you the English rules. What they announced initially was far more than that but since they aren't telling us anything who knows what's right any more.

Be careful with google as that may give you the English rules. What they announced initially was far more than that but since they aren't telling us anything who knows what's right any more.
Not sure what you mean, mate.

I’ve not searched for any “rules”.

Not sure what you mean, mate.

I’ve not searched for any “rules”.
A lot of the things on Google about what they can and can't ask relate to England not Scotland. Up here they were trying to force people by making exemptions need some form of doctors certificate and the rules were supposed to be stricter than just saying that you were exempt or downloading something.

As I say though they are making it up as they go along

Edit - This seems to be the latest but it's still very vague

A lot of the things on Google about what they can and can't ask relate to England not Scotland. Up here they were trying to force people by making exemptions need some form of doctors certificate and the rules were supposed to be stricter than just saying that you were exempt or downloading something.

As I say though they are making it up as they go along
Agreed.

Until they have something official for anyone exempt, a card will have to do.

And I don’t see many folk getting asked too many questions, regarding their disability/reason for being exempt.

A letter from the Doctor is fine to sort. As long as enough notice is given.

I predict everyone will be sound, with regards to entering Ibrox.

Until they have something official for anyone exempt, a card will have to do.

And I don’t see many folk getting asked too many questions, regarding their disability.

A letter from the Doctor is fine to sort. As long as enough notice is given.

I predict everyone will be sound, with regards to entering Ibrox.
Did you read the update that I added from yesterday? They look to be producing a list of what is exempt but it's vague

Did you read the update that I added from yesterday? They look to be producing a list of what is exempt but it's vague
Yeah, mate; the very last word of your post is most definitely the key-word.

Until they tell us exempt folk how to enter, a card will be sufficient.

Hopefully, we hear news soon.

Will definitely happen imo. She has to be different.

Her excuse is "well other folk are doing this" .

Yes Nicola, North Korea, China, the CCP Territory of Australia, New Xiland and Michael Gove. Some great company there.

All Scandinavian countries dropping it altogether, weekly protests in France and too much resistance in England for it to be sustainable. She will have already gamed a face saving scenario where she can drop it. Problem is it'll be half baked and vague when put in place.

Would suggest sticking with paper copies. Stay clear of the app.

Her excuse is "well other folk are doing this" .

Yes Nicola, North Korea, China, the CCP Territory of Australia, New Xiland and Michael Gove. Some great company there.

All Scandinavian countries dropping it altogether, weekly protests in France and too much resistance in England for it to be sustainable. She will have already gamed a face saving scenario where she can drop it. Problem is it'll be half baked and vague when put in place.

Would suggest sticking with paper copies. Stay clear of the app.
Don't forget her heroes, Ireland

This is the current advice in England, I'll be keeping this page handy until further details or something different is published for Scotland with regards to exemptions...

That relates to the English NHS information and works because it isn't mandatory there. You may be lucky up here if they don't know what they are doing and that could be likely given the current Scottish guidance I posted further up.

That relates to the English NHS information and works because it isn't mandatory there. You may be lucky up here if they don't know what they are doing and that could be likely given the current Scottish guidance I posted further up.

Yeah there’s absolutely nothing been released up here so it’s all guess work! I’ll buy one anyway.

Yeah there’s absolutely nothing been released up here so it’s all guess work! I’ll buy one anyway.
This is as good as it gets at the moment but it certainly looks like it will be a lot harder than a card

Exemptions and exceptions​

The following people will be exempt:

There are a very small number of people in Scotland who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Reasons include those medical contraindications including severe allergic reaction to the range of vaccines and those receiving end of life care. A final decision has yet to be made although we are working on the medical conditions which would most closely be linked with an inability for a patient to be immunized. There are a number of conditions which may render vaccination more difficult to attempt or complete – but it is important to be clear that for all but a very few vaccination offers hugely important protections.

The stupidity of people racing to download these "passports" is scary. It really does scare me the road we are going down. One day we'll wake up and not like the place we are in but it will be too late by then. These people are taking the basic freedoms away from everyone without a fight and they are proud of it.

I'd rather be in a place where we all respect each other and look out for each other but the every man for themselves mantra has been hard to watch. Your QR code is not freedom. Its putting you under more control than you ever thought.

This is as good as it gets at the moment but it certainly looks like it will be a lot harder than a card

Exemptions and exceptions​

The following people will be exempt:

There are a very small number of people in Scotland who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Reasons include those medical contraindications including severe allergic reaction to the range of vaccines and those receiving end of life care. A final decision has yet to be made although we are working on the medical conditions which would most closely be linked with an inability for a patient to be immunized. There are a number of conditions which may render vaccination more difficult to attempt or complete – but it is important to be clear that for all but a very few vaccination offers hugely important protections.

We’ll just need to wait and see, will be interesting to see how they implement this etc.

If I were a pensioner or overweight etc I would definitely consider it.

We get you don't like the vaccine, you ruined the last thread as well. I, and most others, couldn't give a shit if you don't want to to take it, there is a big thread in The Lounge for that discussion.

This isn't about the rights and wrongs of the vaccine it's about info required about getting in and out of the ground, stop trying to take it the way of the previous thread.

The stupidity of people racing to download these "passports" is scary. It really does scare me the road we are going down. One day we'll wake up and not like the place we are in but it will be too late by then. These people are taking the basic freedoms away from everyone without a fight and they are proud of it.

I'd rather be in a place where we all respect each other and look out for each other but the every man for themselves mantra has been hard to watch. Your QR code is not freedom. Its putting you under more control than you ever thought.
I’ve tickets for gigs towards the end of the year that I won’t attend if requiring a Vaccine Passport. Carry on like this, and we’ll have it like Australia by next summer.

I agree with you.
But the lanyards are not exemption from the vax passport.
If anything, in a world of spot checks you will get a jobsworth steward or one of them who will take pleasure in challenging you knowing they can turn you away.

Fly under the radar for this one

Yeah I tend to agree, it’s like the sunflower lanyard for that insane mask mandate - I never wear it but always take it with me in case I’m challenged which has only happened once in M&S.

Surely we’ll hear something this week with regards to implementation and exemptions.

We are being led by power drunk, dangerous morons. Quite stunning we are in this position but at least we are not in Australia!

If this all goes through, and no one bats an eye, the old Britain that was fought for, for thousands of years is officially dead.

Scum politicians causing more and more bureaucratic laws for the simplest of tasks is a dark foreboding tale that continues to harrow human history.

People need to stop worrying about this. There's no way they can enforce it at the ground and even if they introduce spot checks whats to stop you just waiting 5 mins and going to a different turnstile?

Feel sorry for the gullible oldies who will no doubt be deterred but it certainly wont be stopping me.
'gullible oldies'?

Can you use different turnstiles for the same stand, always thought you had to use the one it says on your ticket?

Wonder what will happen when they start doing top up vaccinations.
I read the other wk that in Israel if youve not had the booster every 6 months your passport is void I'm exempt not had any masks on or jags and I've not even had a cold for a few yrs now! seems like it will be a never ending cycle of jags if that's true in Israel and you chose to get them!

I read the other wk that in Israel if youve not had the booster every 6 months your passport is void I'm exempt not had any masks on or jags and I've not even had a cold for a few yrs now! seems like it will be a never ending cycle of jags if that's true in Israel and you chose to get them!
Are you exempt from getting vaccinated.
Really?

Got Sinopharm in the UAE for work purposes, not recognised in the UK.
Local health board won't administer UK vaccine due to having the Chinese one, no chance of getting a passport, absolute 5hitshow.
If your in Dubai go to AD or if your in AD go to Dubai for some phfiser.
what my son did and has been able to travel since.

Last edited:
Is this the app that when it does an update, it also includes your all your medical history, criminal record and other stuff?

Back